Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

Ramblers cornered by angry bulls

3 posts in this topic

A pair of ramblers were left stranded on a fence for almost an hour - after being blocked in by two angry bulls.

Stricken Jennifer O'Malley and Dave Alden were quietly wandering through a field in Altarnun, Cornwall at the weekend when they were confronted by one of the huge beasts.

They ran for the safety of the next field but when they climbed the stile they found a second bull blocking their way.

http://uk.news.yahoo...ml?vp=1#rJsLttw

1 person likes this

This story reminds me the time when I was living away from home. There was this brute of a bull that used to be in a field across the road right opposite the bus stop. It would stand and push against the fence as if it were trying to get at us and it was extremely noisy.

In the mornings myself and three others would catch the bus to work and we were terrified of this bull, we'd walk down the hill until we reached the road and then we'd make a run for it into the bus shelter until the bus arrived. We'd laugh at ourselves for doing this but the bull was really intimidating, and there wasn't much of a road between him and us.

Coming back the bus stopped on the same side of the road as the bull's field, right by the fence in fact, but luckily for us the bull was never standing there at that time, it only seemed to be there in the mornings.

I've heard about these ramblers. In the US, they'd be lawsuits waiting to happen. Apparently they roam all over the place, on private property as well as on public property. My take is if they go onto posted private property, they get what they ask for. Bulls can be mean.