Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kowalski

One year later, families have few answers...

15 posts in this topic

WASHINGTON – On the one-year anniversary of the brutal terror attacks in Benghazi, the families of the four murdered Americans are still no closer to the truth about what happened to their loved ones than they were 12 months ago.

Five House panels and an internal investigation later, no one has been arrested, no one has been fired or held accountable, and the communication between the families of the victims and the State Department and White House has become almost non-existent.

“When I was there in Washington, when this first started, the FBI had me in a room to tell me what they were doing,” Pat Smith, the mother of Sean Smith, one of the Americans killed in the terror attacks, told Fox News.

Smith says President Obama, then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the FBI promised her that finding out who killed her son Sean, an information specialist working in Benghazi, would be a top priority.

But it’s a commitment Smith says the president hasn’t kept.

“The government is not doing what they should do,” she said. “Everybody knows this. They lie to you. They tell you what they want you to know. It may or may not be correct. And in my case, it’s always been lies.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2eagF6524

I have to agree with this guy's assessment:

On Monday, Rep. Frank Wolf, R-Va., suggested the trepidation over Benghazi could be linked to the situation in Syria.

“I firmly believe that whatever the State Department and CIA were doing in Benghazi had a direct connection to U.S. policy in Syria – a policy that to date has not been fully revealed to the American people or to Congress,” Wolf said during a panel discussion at Judicial Watch’s headquarters in Washington.

Wolf believes that the government had been stockpiling weapons for Syrian opposition fighters when they came under attack by terrorists in Benghazi.

“How can this conversation advance in a responsible manner without clarity about what transpired that night in Benghazi?” he said.

Link: http://www.breitbart...sional-Cover-Up

Another link: http://thelead.blogs...enghazi-attack/

Edited by Burt Gummer
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mother of Benghazi attack victim faults US investigation

Patricia Smith: 'There is nobody in Washington giving me any answers'

​Link: http://video.foxnews...aylist_id=87937

Another video...

Benghazi one year later: Families continue fight for justice

Uncle of victim Sean Smith expresses frustration with Obama administration

​Link: http://video.foxnews.com/v/2664949085001/benghazi-one-year-later-families-continue-fight-for-justice/

Edited by Burt Gummer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weapons from Benghazi to Syria

Also in October we reported the connection between Ambassador Stevens, who died in the attack, and a reported September shipment of

surface-to-air anti-craft missiles (i.e. MANPADS) and rocket-propelled grenades from Benghazi to Syria through southern Turkey.

That 400-ton shipment — "the largest consignment of weapons" yet for Syrian rebels — was organized by Abdelhakim Belhadj, who was the newly-appointed head of the Tripoli Military Council.

In March 2011 Stevens, the official U.S. liaison to the al-Qaeda-linked Libyan rebels, worked directly with Belhadj while he headed the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group.

Stevens' last meeting on Sept. 11 was with Turkish Consul General Ali Sait Akin, and a source told Fox News that Stevens was in Benghazi "to negotiate a weapons transfer in an effort to get SA-7 missiles out of the hands of Libya-based extremists."

Syrian rebels subsequently began shooting down Syrian helicopters and fighter jets with SA-7s akin to those in Qaddafi's looted stock. (The interim Libyan government also sent money and fighters to Syria.)

Link: http://finance.yahoo...-142810320.html

Edited by Burt Gummer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good for Rep Frank Wolf...that is my District Representative.

Leading up to the "vote" on Syria that has now been postponed...I called and talked to his office. At that time, the lady I spoke to said they had taken hundreds and hundreds of calls and not a single call was "for" intervention. Good to hear and she further said that "Frank is with us"...

I have no doubt there was a "reason" beyond outrage over a video that sparked the Benghazi attacks...a weapons staging point?...sounds reasonable.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good for Rep Frank Wolf...that is my District Representative.

Leading up to the "vote" on Syria that has now been postponed...I called and talked to his office. At that time, the lady I spoke to said they had taken hundreds and hundreds of calls and not a single call was "for" intervention. Good to hear and she further said that "Frank is with us"...

I have no doubt there was a "reason" beyond outrage over a video that sparked the Benghazi attacks...a weapons staging point?...sounds reasonable.

I think Wolf, is right on the money. :tu:

​ What happened in Benghazi is directly related to what is going on in Syria, which is why the CIA and the Obama Administration have been so hush hush on the whole thing. They were running guns to Al-QaCIAda rebels.

Good article here:

Link: http://www.globalres...a-syria/5345464

A report from CNN’s Jake Tapper has reintroduced “Benghazi-Gate” to the US media spotlight. The report claims that “dozens” of CIA operatives were on the ground in Benghazi on the night of the attack, and the CIA is going to great lengths to suppress details of them and their whereabouts being released. The report alleges that the CIA is engaged in “unprecedented” attempts to stifle employee leaks, and “intimidation” to keep the secrets of Benghazi hidden, allegedly going as far as changing the names of CIA operatives and “dispersing” them around the country.

One suspects this has a single and defined purpose – to hide the CIA’s culpability in supplying arms to known extremists in Libya and Syria. Moreover, the CNN report alludes to the CIA supplying “surface-to-air missiles” from Benghazi to rebels in Syria, but this may only be the tip of the iceberg. The report goes on to state: (my emphasis)

Sources now tell CNN dozens of people working for the CIA were on the ground that night, and that the agency is going to great lengths to make sure whatever it was doing, remains a secret
. CNN has learned the CIA is involved in what one source calls an unprecedented attempt to keep the spy agency’s Benghazi secrets from ever leaking out.

Since January, some CIA operatives involved in the agency’s missions in Libya, have been subjected to frequent, even monthly polygraph examinations,
according to a source with deep inside knowledge of the agency’s workings. The goal of the questioning, according to sources, is to find out if anyone is talking to the media or Congress. It is being described as pure intimidation, with the threat that any unauthorized CIA employee who leaks information could face the end of his or her career.

Speculation on Capitol Hill has included the possibility the U.S. agencies operating in Benghazi were
secretly helping to move surface-to-air missiles out of Libya, through Turkey, and into the hands of Syrian rebels.

Uncovering the chain of events that led to the attack on the US “consulate”, and the variety of militia the US and its allies were arming in Libya; could in turn reveal the full extent of the Obama administrations’ support of extremist proxy-forces in Syria. Which may explain the administrations’ zealous attempts to stifle any debate or serious questioning of the events that surround Benghazi.
Edited by Burt Gummer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

US foreign policy in the Middle East should be investigated by a motivated independent panel of academics. It's the one thing that everyone runs away from as fast as they can whenever it's brought up. It's the reason why so many 9/11 conspiracy theories took hold. Americans are scared to death to reassess the policies that are putting their lives at stake, so much so, they'd rather believe in fairy tales than believe what's right in front of their noses.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

US foreign policy in the Middle East should be investigated by a motivated independent panel of academics.

Or the bloody UN.

If it was anyone else, it'd already be before a select sub-committee with investigators on the ground in the ME and the US.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What we have is a group of people and an alphabet organization or two that are literally "above the law". Even if you could collect a panel or committee to investigate them, they would be bribed, blackmailed or assassinated.

The corruption is so deep and the amounts of money and power we are talking about is so vast...they will not be brought to justice unless their is a major war and they (perhaps we) lose and then face an international tribunal.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the people responsible for the deaths of these people is going to run for president. If she had an ounce of morality in her she would have stepped down right after the incident. Why would you want someone in office like this?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

US foreign policy in the Middle East should be investigated by a motivated independent panel of academics. It's the one thing that everyone runs away from as fast as they can whenever it's brought up. It's the reason why so many 9/11 conspiracy theories took hold. Americans are scared to death to reassess the policies that are putting their lives at stake, so much so, they'd rather believe in fairy tales than believe what's right in front of their noses.

And we could get Chompers to head it up...he'd be impartial :w00t:
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll agree that they've been covering their behinds, as all administrations do. But if you're waiting for Obama to come out and say; "Lol, you got me, I'm a secret muslim plant sent to destroy America," you'll be waiting forever.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the people responsible for the deaths of these people is going to run for president. If she had an ounce of morality in her she would have stepped down right after the incident. Why would you want someone in office like this?

And sadly I think that's one of the driving forces - the per-ordination of President H.R. Clinton (while conveniently forgetting that the Dem Party **** all over her in 2008). Add to that, the need for the whole thing to go away quickly and be deemed some "crazy racist Republican conspiracy theory" in time for last November.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Thursday, all but two Democrats on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee walked out before the parents of two of the victims killed in the Benghazi attacks testified.

Patricia Smith, the mother of Sean Smith, and Charles Woods, the father of Ty Woods, spoke after the committee questioned the heads of the Benghazi Accountability Review Board (ARB) and the Independent Panel of Best Practices.

But among Democrats, only Reps. Elijah Cummings (D-MD), the ranking member on the committee, and Jackie Speier (D-CA) stayed to hear Woods and Smith.

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA), the chair of the committee, tweeted a picture of the empty seats:

Link: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/19/Dems-Walk-Out-Before-Parents-of-Benghazi-Victims-Testify

Wow, that is just disrespectful..... :no:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please stop posting this crap from your conspiracy right wing terror sites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please stop posting this crap from your conspiracy right wing terror sites.

Did MSNBC tell you to say that?

The London Telegraph has reported this, so this is no conspiracy theory. And Breitbart is hardly a right wing terrorist site....

Link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/10218288/CIA-running-arms-smuggling-team-in-Benghazi-when-consulate-was-attacked.html

Edited by Burt Gummer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.