Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Scole Experiment

Angel1510

Hi, scientific evidence has always been the main objection by atheists. My friend once said that you could put a ghost in a jar and take it to the world and still you would people disputing it was real. Watch this programme about The Scole Experiment. It's a little dated but it contains some very interesting stuff:-

It's quite long but I think it's worth a watch. What are your thoughts?

Angie

• Like 1

Iv actually seen this before.

The main criticism about it is that the people conducting the research didn't really have any controls they let the mediums call the shots.

But a lot of stuff happened that is hard to call just a trick, and the people watching were not fools, but people are always biased so who knows.

As always we will never know unless we were there

Edited by spartan max2

I actually watched it a while ago. There are some things in there that are obviously just hysteria, like the radio stuff in Italy. Unfortunately, there are people who believe so deeply, they will not accept the possibility that it is not real. I think this programme illustrates how difficult it is to actually scientically prove the afterlife exists. Atheists will say it is because it doesn't and you can't prove something that does not exist. I do not have such a closed mind and hope to think that maybe one day, the technology will develop that can prove there is something. Until that day happens, seeing is believing!

• Like 1

Real proof of the afterlife would destroy free will. There would still be those that would deny it, but proof is proof. I don't believe that God will allow free will to become compromised.

Honestly, I feel that most of the scole experiment was an elaborate fraud especially the images "captured" on films . The claimed evidence seems too loud too obvious to be true. No one before these psychics were able to captured such well defined images in so many numbers and no one after them was able to do the same except those that were in some way related to that group, what is the probability of that happening by chance?

• Like 3

I think I have come to the conclusion that we are probably not supposed to know. But humans as we are love to solve puzzles and we should never stop looking x

Real proof of the afterlife would destroy free will.

...I don't quite follow. How would that "destroy free will?"

There would still be those that would deny it, but proof is proof. I don't believe that God will allow free will to become compromised.

Free will is our ability to choose what we do. How would knowing that we survive physical death compromise that?

Edited by Avallaine

I guess I should have specified that I was talking about free will by the Christian definition. The ability to make choices without any prior prejudice and specifically that these "free will" choices are not ultimately predestined by God. Proof of an afterlife to a Christian (heaven and hell) would be a "prior prejudice" and destroy the ability to believe or not to believe through faith. If you don't choose to believe something through faith, but you know for a fact. That is an example of something that is predestined by God.

Free will is our ability to choose what we do. How would knowing that we survive physical death compromise that?

My opinions come from a Christian point of view. If someone is not a Christian, that's a choice they have made based on their experiences and faith. The answer of your question depends on the definition of "proof of an afterlife". Lets assume someone can prove the Christian based Heaven and Hell exists. That compromises free will because all non Christians lose their ability to choose not to believe. Same goes for Christians.

On the other hand if someone can prove a non Christian based afterlife exists (another dimension where human ghosts exist without God). Christians that have faith in God would lose their free will or have to deny something that has been proven. Free will would still exist to an extent. Christians could chose to believe the proof is somehow fake or a trick. But is that really free will if something has been proven (The evidence or argument that compels the mind to accept an assertion as true)?

Put simply, who would choose a life a crime and debauchery if they KNEW hell was real and waiting.

• Like 1

How do you put a ghost in a jar? :whistle:

lure him with Skittles.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi, scientific evidence has always been the main objection by atheists. My friend once said that you could put a ghost in a jar and take it to the world and still you would people disputing it was real. Watch this programme about The Scole Experiment. It's a little dated but it contains some very interesting stuff:-

It's quite long but I think it's worth a watch. What are your thoughts?

Angie

Well, put a ghost in a jar and try it. :) Seriously though, people dispute ghost evidence because it is anecdotes and pseudo-science. Be fair, how can you expect to convince anyone with that kind of evidence? To the best of my knowledge (and I have been looking at this for a long time) no one has produced evidence that does not require some level of faith or belief to accept. When that is pointed out, the response is invariably that science has somehow failed. Couldn't it also mean the evidence has failed?

• Like 1

Good Video i enjoyed it. However it just seems to fantastic to be real.

• Like 1

There are some things in there that are obviously just hysteria, like the radio stuff in Italy.

what radio stuff?