Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO Seen on news program In Nebraska

seeder

UFO Seen on news In Nebraska Still Unidentified

Just before 6 a.m. on Sept. 4th, KLKN's HD Towercam 8 gave Channel 8's Morning Meteorologist Sean McMullen a less than normal view.

"I have never seen anything like this before. I even say that several times while I'm on air describing the object, because I want to let people know even I don't know what this is, so I can't exactly tell you what it is," he says.

The triangular-shaped, flashing object appears to be floating above the Capital City

http://www.klkntv.com/story/23383798/towercam-object-still-unidenftified

• Like 2

Guarantee extraterrestrial don't exist. Right because he sounds like someone we should all listen to lmfao.

• Like 6

As far as we all know, military or government weather balloons are not equipped with multi-colored lights. However, hoaxers are known to use these type of lighting systems in homemade atmosphere-reaching balloons or R/C helicopters.

http://www.ghosttheo...n-hd-weathercam

• Like 2

and Id be one of the first to agree, especially after the recent baseball stadium sighting/hoax

Yep everything is false... no matter who reports it, where when doesn't matter.... false false false.....just ask all the debunkers.... and then add Oberg.... just to make sure NOBODY ever believes that there is any life whatsoever outside this tiny speck in the universe.

• Like 7

Yep everything is false... no matter who reports it, where when doesn't matter.... false false false.....just ask all the debunkers.... and then add Oberg.... just to make sure NOBODY ever believes that there is any life whatsoever outside this tiny speck in the universe.

There is surely life elsewhere in this universe or maybe the next. I dont think anyone doubts that, even us skeptics

• Like 1

How about 3 bladed diaphragm. Any bright planet (Venus, for example) slightly out of focus would appear as "diamond".

• Like 1

Could be a number of things really...my initial thoughts were that it could have been something akin to this.... :mellow:

[media=]

[/media]

Cheers.

• Like 1

I'll have to once again go for Occam's Razor: sometimes the simplest explanation is most likely. That is, it is something of earthly origin. It could be military, or a conventional aircraft seen though some odd atmospheric condition, or some light-up flying radio controlled toy.

I do not discount that statistically alone there is a good possibility of life elsewhere in the universe, but having said that it presupposes that they (whoever they are) are close enough to us for a visit or have developed some means of traveling faster than light (i.e. space warping technology), otherwise the distances would seem to preclude alien visitation.

Unidentified Flying Object -UFO

Was unidentified yes. The referral was correct.

Was alien in origins likely not.

Do you ever wonder why only civilized countries are seeing ufo's and most of occurrences in US? One word classified military hi tech

@continum ! Uh civilized countries? Most in the us? Where did you get that from? I dont doubt hi tech militairy aircraft exist but to claim ! That , that is the correct answer ! I hightly doubt that.

Unidentified Flying Object -UFO

Was unidentified yes. The referral was correct.

Was alien in origins likely not.

Do you ever wonder why only civilized countries are seeing ufo's and most of occurrences in US? One word classified military hi tech

There may well be some truth in this. I'm certainly not aware of many famous sightings in Africa for example.

However South America has had more than it's share of sightings over the last few decades and that is generally classed as a second world region.

Or could it be more to do with the availability of recording equipment?

• Like 2

And there have been quite a few sightings in China, and India as well too.

That's true; on the India/Chinese border.

And, let's not forget Christopher Columbus who saw ufos while crossing the Atlantic. No hi tech there. :)

• Like 3

And, let's not forget Christopher Columbus who saw ufos while crossing the Atlantic. No hi tech there. :)

This is true. More evidence to suggest that UFO's are interested in novel human activity perhaps? Crossing the Atlantic was certainly novel at that time.

There are also claims he saw mermaids too.... :tu:

1493, January 4: During his first journey to the Americas, Christopher Columbus made an entry in his journal that he himself, along with his crew, had witnessed a trio of mermaids breaking high from the sea off the coast of Haiti, going so far as to say:

"They were not as comely as they are painted, but to some extent they have a human appearance about the face...."

Columbus also swore that he had seen the same types of beings on a previous voyage off the coast of Guinea, West Africa.

and we know they dont exist

I wonder what one chooses to smoke and drink on a long featureless voyage, and how that might colour your interpretations of what you think you see

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

After months on the high seas lost, I wouldn't put too much stake into that "report". Afterall, Columbus also thought he saw India on that same trip.

• Like 1

After months on the high seas lost, I wouldn't put too much stake into that "report". Afterall, Columbus also thought he saw India on that same trip.

Well said Mike, I was waiting to see who'd say that it was a fact he saw ufos, as with the mermaids :w00t:

Heres a good read, starting with the last sentence

"In short, there does not appear to be evidence to support either the idea that Columbus and his crew saw UFOs, or that they were harrassed by the Bermuda Triangle".

http://anomalyinfo.com/articles/sa00110.php

Interesting.

Could Columbus have seen Manatees?

According to this theory he probably did:

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/columbus-mistakes-manatees-for-mermaids

This however is far more difficult to explain :

"a light glimmering at a great distance." It vanished and reappeared several times during the night, moving up and down, "in sudden and passing gleams."

• Like 2

99.9% of sightings of E.T UFO's I believe to be BS. But that 0.1% has some mystery for me. To say that that every single sighting going back 1000s of years are false is just really annoying to read or hear. How do you know there's no intelligent life in the universe? How can you be certain we are NOT being watched/visited? Life on Earth cant even be explained, sure theres plenty of theories but No FACTS! Im sure sightings 100s or even 1000s of years ago can be explained as weather balloons, or military drones. If we are being Visited there must be a reason, & a reason why they wont make contact, maybe we not smart enough, too dangerous im sure you can think of 100s of reasons for & against. I think contact with ET would only benefit us & not them, also It does annoy me that theres ALOT of fakes/hoaxes too, easy to do these days.

• Like 2

Hmmmm...it was visible for 45 minutes, yet nobody watching the tv station went outside and took pictures or a video? Why?

Yeah. Granted, it seems to have been a rooftop cam that took the video. Perhaps if someone had stepped outside the station they would not be able to see it. I know that where I live, the "weather cams" are on very tall buildings miles away from the station.

Even still, they don't mentioned that they even tried. I would presume that shoulder-mounted "portable broadcast cams" are of extremely high quality, and I'm sure they could have sent someone out, even if they had to drive, so it sure would have been nice to get quality footage. Another missed opportunity.

Interesting.

Could Columbus have seen Manatees?

According to this theory he probably did:

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/columbus-mistakes-manatees-for-mermaids

This however is far more difficult to explain :

"a light glimmering at a great distance." It vanished and reappeared several times during the night, moving up and down, "in sudden and passing gleams."

Well considering that modern day airline pilots have confused Venus with a UFO, I don't really see why we should feel that Columbus' report is that compelling.

• Like 1

There may well be some truth in this. I'm certainly not aware of many famous sightings in Africa for example.

However South America has had more than it's share of sightings over the last few decades and that is generally classed as a second world region.

Or could it be more to do with the availability of recording equipment?

Or more likely the effect of popular sci-fi culture. Speilberg's not so accessable on the plains of Africa.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1