Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Syria and The Impact of Religion on the War

BarnabasCollins

I found this very well done report from Channel 4 News in the UK. It brings out what I think is a very important aspect of the conflict going on in Syria, including the influx of foreign fighters. I wonder whether our politicians who are making decisions realize or fully understand the role that religion seems to play in the civil war in Syria.

Please note and heed the warning about some disturbing images in the video.

Does civil war in Syria mean the end of the world?

Syria's war is becoming the defining event for a generation of Muslims. But for some it is a sign that the end of the world has begun. Warning: contains scenes that some may find upsetting.

http://www.channel4.com/news/syria-apocalypse-end-of-the-world-end-of-days-muslim-islam

I do not say that the war in Syria does, in fact, mean the end of the world nor do I adhere to the idea that what is going on there is prophetical (i.e., Isaiah 17:1). However, many people do, including both Christians and, perhaps more importantly, Muslims.

• Like 2

I found this very well done report from Channel 4 News in the UK. It brings out what I think is a very important aspect of the conflict going on in Syria, including the influx of foreign fighters. I wonder whether our politicians who are making decisions realize or fully understand the role that religion seems to play in the civil war in Syria.

http://www.channel4....ys-muslim-islam

I do not say that the war in Syria does, in fact, mean the end of the world nor do I adhere to the idea that what is going on there is prophetical (i.e., Isaiah 17:1). However, many people do, including both Christians and, perhaps more importantly, Muslims.

Frightening thing is somebody with a gun out for wish fullfilment when they wish for "paradise". Otherwise, I don;t believe this is the begginning of the end, but maybe the start of a really serious nightmare in the Middle East, though Iraq and Afhanistan may say "Have you been asleep the last ten years!"

Edited by Kaa-Tzik
  • Like 2

Wow, thanks for posting this! :tu:

​This video gives you a very good insight into how these jihadists rebels think, and it's pretty frightening, I must say.....

What's even scarier is the US is arming these religious extremists.... :(

• Like 3

Frightening thing is somebody with a gun out for wish fullfilment when they wish for "paradise". Otherwise, I don;t believe this is the begginning of the end, but maybe the start of a really serious nightmare in the Middle East, though Iraq and Afhanistan may say "Have you been asleep the last ten years!"

That is frightening, I agree. I also agree that this situation has nightmare potential.

• Like 1

Wow, thanks for posting this! :tu:

​This video gives you a very good insight into how these jihadists rebels think, and it's pretty frightening, I must say.....

What's even scarier is the US is arming these religious extremists.... :(

You're welcome. I thought the video was well worth the time to watch it.

• Like 1

If it is an end time for "end time religions", then I would be quite okay with that.

Just let the believers end themselves, so the rest of us can carry on trying to make this world a better place to live in.

• Like 5

If it is an end time for "end time religions", then I would be quite okay with that.

Just let the believers end themselves, so the rest of us can carry on trying to make this world a better place to live in.

Hoping right along with you L... that soon the Christians will be no more in the way of the "forward" thinkers and the rational of the world :)
  • Like 1

Yes they do.... and they are all crazy lunatics.

• Like 1

Yes they do.... and they are all crazy lunatics.

You should sincerely hope so :)

My heart goes out for the people of the middle east and what they are suffering, I really feel the Arab Spring was a movement by the people to over come dictatorships and religous dominations,to have the rights to be what free people want to be, however the radical religous groups have taken over the revolutions. Who knows what will end the earth, but I`m for freedom for all.

• Like 5

My heart goes out for the people of the middle east and what they are suffering, I really feel the Arab Spring was a movement by the people to over come dictatorships and religous dominations,to have the rights to be what free people want to be, however the radical religous groups have taken over the revolutions. Who knows what will end the earth, but I`m for freedom for all.

What you say was the point of my OP. Religious fervor seems to be a major motivating factor in the Syrian war and that could very well lead to a very tough situation there.

• Like 1

If indeed Jesus will sort this out ...why have not all parties that believe this ,not listened to what their Jesus said while yet alive ...

If indeed Jesus will sort this out ...why have not all parties that believe this ,not listened to what their Jesus said while yet alive ...

You mean why haven't Christians become "christlike"? If one accepts that He was God in the flesh, while we are just flesh in God's image, I think that explains the lack of fulfillment for most. If perfection is indeed what is required then the " few" who are to enter in the narrow gate will be very few indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

What you say was the point of my OP. Religious fervor seems to be a major motivating factor in the Syrian war and that could very well lead to a very tough situation there.

Religion is s good motivator for war or any other form of extremism simply because humans are dummb, stupid. The more fanaticly religious you get the dummber you get. It is common in all religions and faiths.

Just like with evrrything else in life, moderation is the KSF. A glass of wine is good for you, or a glass of beer, a good steak now and then, even a cigarette ocasionaly, or shad a tear sometimes...but fo it in ecxess you will become an alcoholic, get a huge gut, a nicotin addict, misserable...

Some of us have learned to deal with religion as a tool to help us out in difficult times, gives us hope for a bettet future without harming anyone arround.

Some on the other hand use religion to suppress and hurt others. Unfortunately those are the loudest and dummbest.

As long as there are humans religion will be used as a tool for war. It was like this before islam, christianity, judaism, it will be like that after it.

• Like 2