Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

the real evolution of man.

danielost

We are always hearing how man evolved from chimps or aps or monkeys. I say it never happened. The bible says it didn't happen.

But, what did happen is man evolved mentally, instead of physicilly. In fact I say it happened twice. Onced through adam and eve. Once through noah. There have been two times that man has evolved through tech. Te 20th cntury proves that tech break throughs can come fast.

We are always hearing how man evolved from chimps or aps or monkeys. I say it never happened. The bible says it didn't happen.

But, what did happen is man evolved mentally, instead of physicilly. In fact I say it happened twice. Onced through adam and eve. Once through noah. There have been two times that man has evolved through tech. Te 20th cntury proves that tech break throughs can come fast.

We did not evolve from apes...we share a common ancestor. The bible says no such thing. Genesis tells us that god formed the man of the earth from the earth then breathed life into him. This is obviously metaphorical. It's not inconstant with known science because indeed we are made from the elements of the earth.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 3

Which is it? Chimps, apes or monkeys? And you take offence when people point out your ignorance of evolution.

Believe what you will. But, you are wrong.

• Like 6

I think all religious texts are full of allegories and shouldn't be taken literally.

Do you think Jonah lived in that giant fish in the past, or was it likely a metaphor with meaning, just as the boy who cried wolf, etc?

We did not evolve from any known animals nor are we animals ourselves. Humankind is made up of a more complex material then animals. Our origins are more cosmic- that is we are organism that were produced out of cosmic matter/energy

Edited by Spore

We are always hearing how man evolved from chimps or aps or monkeys.

Who says this?

We did not evolve from apes...we share a common ancestor. The bible says no such thing. Genesis tells us that god formed the man of the earth from the earth then breathed life into him. This is obviously metaphorical. It's not inconstant with known science because indeed we are made from the elements of the earth.

Great apes and humans are members of the hominidae family, so logically this common ancestor was an ape. Unless you're saying it was apes that evolved from early humans..
  • Like 2

Which is it? Chimps, apes or monkeys? And you take offence when people point out your ignorance of evolution.

Believe what you will. But, you are wrong.

Before there were humans there were chimps. Before chimps there apes. Befoe apes there were monkeys. Long before that there were fish. So we are desended from all four according to your evolution.

As for the bible, it says good made the animals after their kind. Ie, cows were made to be cows. I think god created one species of cow, the rest evolved but they are still cows. I am using cow for your sake not mine. As I said I don't think god made ever species but rather one of ever genome the rest evolved to fit their environment.

As for if I do or don't know anything about evolution. I have already proved it in a thread I made. You'll have to look it up. I know what evolution theory. Says about macro evolution and I deny it. Just because someone doesn't agree with something doesn't mean they don't understand it. You are the only major player on here still carring that torch.

Man did not evolve from any animal. Man was there before the animals. Men are seperate from the rest of life. The only reason we seem related to other life form is because we have to eat to fuel our bodies.

We did not evolve from any known animals nor are we animals ourselves. Humankind is made up of a more complex material then animals. Our origins are more cosmic- that is we are organism that were produced out of cosmic matter/energy

Your right we didn't evolve from any known nimals including the ones in the fossil record.

I think all religious texts are full of allegories and shouldn't be taken literally.

Do you think Jonah lived in that giant fish in the past, or was it likely a metaphor with meaning, just as the boy who cried wolf, etc?

Science says there is a fish that could pull it off and it is not a whale, with a little wooden boy camping out in it.

Before there were humans there were chimps. Before chimps there apes. Befoe apes there were monkeys. Long before that there were fish. So we are desended from all four according to your evolution.

And there's your problem. Your version of evolution simply doesn't exist. You've been advised many times to learn even the basics, but you refuse to do so. You appear to revel in your ignorance.

• Like 2

Any chance of getting a description of this Adam and Eve and tell me how man evolved from them to these if man did not evolve physically?

12-of-the-DNA-Differs-Amongst-Human-Races-and-Populations-2.jpg

And what material might that be?

We are a carbon based life form - every animal on this planet is the same, all born of star dust if you really have to wax lyrical about our cosmic origins. We are not made up of any more "complex" material than our fellow animals of this earth - if you have evidence to the contrary please do share.

• Like 2

Man did not evolve from any animal. Man was there before the animals. Men are seperate from the rest of life. The only reason we seem related to other life form is because we have to eat to fuel our bodies.

Except for that pescy genome fact that we share 98 or 99% of our genome with our cousins the chimps and something like 75% with plants. Animals and plants are our family... We are related, we are not superior simply because we can think. Gifted or possibly cursed but we exist inside if a living system our consciousness is their consciousness as well. They support us and we should support them with that bit of higher function that we can offer. Separating ourselves is one of the biggest mistakes mankind has ever made.

We did not evolve from any known animals nor are we animals ourselves.

From a biological standpoint we ARE classified as animals meaning our biology is different from that of plants and fungi.

Also we are comprised of the same stuff as all life on this planet; we may have differing amounts of certain chemicals compared to another species but if we were truly comprised of different "stuff" then our survival on this particular world would be possibly quite difficult.

Furthermore ALL live evolves from itself as well as its common ancestors..a cursory look at the evolutionary tree shows that all life attempts to adapt to its ever-changing environment. Sometimes groups split up and go it seems they try to go to different places and sometimes with quick enough adaptation some groups survive while others do not.

It's a complex process that cannot be summed up in a few sentences that are designed to explain everything in simple, black-and-white terms.

We are always hearing how man evolved from chimps or aps or monkeys.

Not quite.

Homo sapiens are apes. We are great apes just as are the chimpanzees, bonobos, orang-utans and gorillas. Note that the term "ape" refers to a scientific description based on genetic and physiological similarity - it has nothing to do with non-physiological factors such as 'culture', 'technology' etc.

The bible may indeed chart part of our (H. sapiens) social/cultural/psycho-philosophical evolution, but it is silent about our physical/genetic evolution. Those subjects are simply unknown in scripture.

• Like 2

All chimps are apes. Ape is a family that includes chimps, orangutans, gorillas, bonobos, and gibbons (some biologists consider humans a member of the great apes).
The oldest fossils are of single cellular organisms some 3 billion years ago. No evidence shows humans were around then.

Our cells are animal cells. So how does eating make our cells and genetics "animal"? Are vegetarians made up of plant cells?

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

If all the creatures in the world were made by God for a purpose, how do you explain parasites, infectious bacterial diseases and spores which kill and harm millions of people every day? What about viruses, which are considered on the fringes of the definition of life, which can be equally harmful?

Did you know that we have something like ten times as many bacterial cells in our body than we have 'human' cells? And that microbes make up 80% of earths biomass? How do you account for the purpose of bacteria when the Bible doesn't even mention their existence, let alone their role in infection, gangrene, digestion, immune systems, decomposition etc etc etc.

Daniel all I would say to you is that life and its complexities cannot be summed up in a millenia old book. You have to drink deeply of all of humanity's wisdom and find what works for you. If God was going to damn us for simple curiosity about the world, then he wouldn't have given it to us.

• Like 1

Well, if we really define our common ancestor as a monkey...wouldn't be that much of a stretch because it was a some form of lemur. :D

To me, it humbles me. But I do have my own bizarre belief in the origin of mankind. I really don't think our selfish and destructive nature came from natural evolution. Yeah, sounds crazy.

But something makes me believe that we as a species are a victims of some cruel prank, which is not of supernatural origin.

Edited by ambelamba

Obviously our common ancestor is the hyrax.

• Like 2

I don't know about you, but I learned,( about the evolving of man from chimps or apes what have you), from school growing up. So for my perspective, I don't believe your theory. I believe it did happen. And since I grew up secular, I have no experience dealing what the bible says. Considering where I live, it's not required to read and believe it, it doesn't matter in my belief. Although, since you SAY it didn't happen, where is your proof?

Since you say it did, prove it. I have no doubt, that we have improved mentally, but the thing is, I still believe in evolution from what was presented to me in school and resources. So you don't have me believing you.

We are a carbon based life form - every animal on this planet is the same, all born of star dust if you really have to wax lyrical about our cosmic origins. We are not made up of any more "complex" material than our fellow animals of this earth - if you have evidence to the contrary please do share.

Animals are and only certain humanoid types are carbon-based being. Majority of most humans are pure carbon beings. The difference is that humans have Aether and are more dimensional beings. Animals are more in the material/physical plane. Animals are already terrestrial spiritually/mentally/naturally , we are also terrestrial but are also extraterrestrial spiritually/mentally/naturally.

Man, of all Earth's creatures, is uniquely cognizant of his imminent death. This recognition brings him personal angst and contemplation of God and the possibility of immortality. The ancient Greek philosopher Socrates (c. 470-399 B.C.) stated, "The unexamined life is not worth living." It is left for man alone to contemplate what philosophers call "the big questions of life." [b]Animals, on the other hand, can be very intelligent but show no sign of spirituality or concern with ultimate issues.[/b]

Edited by Spore

With all respect, Daniel, even if I was to believe the bible to be the book of God, I still wouldn't believe a word of it cause it has been changed, corrupted and re-written by men so many times to make it more convenient to their goals. Even the Vatican admitted not long ago that the bilble had been ammended by people throughout the centuries.

And then different branches of christianity have different books,you have the book of Mormons, Jehova witness have another book, Protestants and Catholics also have a different bible.....if there is only one God, how can there be so many books?

Going back to the OP: DNA has proven evolution, as our DNA is the same as bacteria, the bacteria we have evolved from. I know I always go back to DNA, but to me our genetic imprint is the most fascinating thing about all creatures in this planet...and DNA doesn't lie.

Animals are and only certain humanoid types are carbon-based being. Majority of most humans are pure carbon beings. The difference is that humans have Aether and are more dimensional beings. Animals are more in the material/physical plane. Animals are already terrestrial spiritually/mentally/naturally , we are also terrestrial but are also extraterrestrial spiritually/mentally/naturally.

~SNIP~

Sorry but no, pure carbon is diamond. How many humans are made out of diamond? None! Also, there is no such thing as "Aether" which is a term that is both obsolete and meaningless.

cormac

• Like 2