Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scariest Game Ever?

CRYSiiSx2

For me, it's SIREN: Blood Curse for PS3. Game creeps the hell out of me, freaking old nurse lady giggling and walking around looks like every bone in her body is broke. Got to about the 3rd level, and can't make myself go any further.

• Like 1

Fear, mostly in the original game, but some of the sequels were on the edge. I don't remember which of the fear games, but you end up in a hospital morgue. Intense, I thought.

• Like 1

The very first Resident evil, when you first play it and dont know what to expect, other then that I dont really play any horror games. Dead Space was pretty creepy

Edited by ReaperS_ParadoX
  • Like 4

Fear, mostly in the original game, but some of the sequels were on the edge. I don't remember which of the fear games, but you end up in a hospital morgue. Intense, I thought.

Alma crawling around on the ceiling was creepy. I think I know what you're talking about in the first game. Where you are in a hospital and her shadow crawls across the window of an operating room?

Alma crawling around on the ceiling was creepy. I think I know what you're talking about in the first game. Where you are in a hospital and her shadow crawls across the window of an operating room?

There was that, but the one I was thinking about in the morgue was in one of the sequels, may have been "Perseus Mandate". The morgue sequence then morphed into a creepy dungeon epidsode, but it's been a few years now and all the games sort of run into one in my head, except Fear 3 which I thought was crap and never even finished it.

Anyway, I thought I better put in a mention for Doom 3 incase nobody else does. Was some real jump out of your seat moments in that game

X8 lab in Pripyat was creepy as well

Edited by Kaa-Tzik
  • Like 1

There was that, but the one I was thinking about in the morgue was in one of the sequels, may have been "Perseus Mandate". The morgue sequence then morphed into a creepy dungeon epidsode, but it's been a few years now and all the games sort of run into one in my head, except Fear 3 which I thought was crap and never even finished it.

Anyway, I thought I better put in a mention for Doom 3 incase nobody else does. Was some real jump out of your seat moments in that game

X8 lab in Pripyat was creepy as well

Yep, Doom 3 is another game I didn't finish. I get way too jumpy. I used to love watching my ex-gf play those types of games though. Only way I can play with with some alcohol so I'm not at the edge of my seat.

• Like 1

Yep, Doom 3 is another game I didn't finish. I get way too jumpy. I used to love watching my ex-gf play those types of games though. Only way I can play with with some alcohol so I'm not at the edge of my seat.

DOOM 3 is just way too intense..

I've never been freaked out by a game so much.

Resident Evil 2 had its moments too.. Low ammunition.. Zombies surrounding..

• Like 1

The very first Resident evil, when you first play it and dont know what to expect, other then that I dont really play any horror games. Dead Space was pretty creepy

The first RE creeped me out so much! And exactly because everything came so unexpected. That scene where the dogs jump through the windows made me jump!

• Like 1

Scariest game ever? Russian roulette, without a doubt.

Edit: Oops. I thought that we were in the 'fun and games' forum.

P.S.: Have you ever played splitzees with a knife?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 5

Resident Evil Remake and Resident Evil 2 and 4.

• Like 1

There is something terrifying about those villagers. :no:

• Like 1

Don't judge me when I say this. Slender; Death Camp. Haven't played it, but I've seen others play. Scared me so bad I never want to play it myself.

Well, maybe. Just not home alone with the lights off at night.

• Like 1

The first RE creeped me out so much! And exactly because everything came so unexpected. That scene where the dogs jump through the windows made me jump!

Oh yeah playing it in a dark room, with the volume way up.

• Like 1

the first silent hll with music turned off

Silent Hill was very scary and the whole game made me uncomforable

• Like 2

Pfft, Outlast by far. I got so scared I had headaches the only bad thing is that the game end's too fast, but if you look back at the thing's you did to finish the game you will notice how much of a sourpuss you actually were.

• Like 1

Undoubtedly the first time I played Resident Evil:the Directors Cut. Slowly walking down the halls of that decrepit mansion waiting for a zombie or some other mutated creature to crash through the windows or a wall with that creepy music scared the **** out of me. Looking back at how basic and archaic the gameplay was and how ramped up the cheese factor and voice acting compared to modern games, I'm surprised I had a single shrill of anxiety while playing it, LOL.

Amnesia

Resident Evil 1-4

SCP Containment Breach (ughhhhh)

Silent Hill

Fatal Frame

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

• Like 2

The only game that scared me the most aside from Resident Evil on the Gamecube was Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

I literally had to quit like 5 minutes, that's how scary it was.

An old one was Clive Barkers Undying, that was pretty creepy.

The Walking Dead has some moments in it as well. Loads of gore and dodgy decisions to make on who to save.

The Thing was also quite good.

• Like 3

super solvers: midnight rescue

yes, that's right

you never knew if one of those robots was going to show up

You guys should try the free game DreadOut. It's kind of like Fatal Frame. I haven't played more than a few minutes, but it's got the jump scares!

:l I played the new Outlast for 15 minutes..... watching the trailers I laughed. Playing it I feel like my soul was violated... I have always been big on the "If I know how to kill it I am good." in scary movies and video games but when you can't fight back and your only real option is to hide (which works maybe 2% of the time) I am done.

Amnesia

Resident Evil 1-4

SCP Containment Breach (ughhhhh)

Silent Hill

Fatal Frame

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

That stupid Statue would come out you from freaking no where ._.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of resident evil series and this remake on gamecube was one of the best survival horror game I've ever played. But the scariest game I've tried was Silent hill: Origins on psp. I only had a flashlight to explore the creepy places and those puzzles, dolls, nurses and mirrors were really frightening. As far as I can remember it took me 2 weeks to beat that game :(

• Like 1