Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Brian Topp

Man opens paranormal tech shop

19 posts in this topic

• SPRINGFIELD, Oh (NBC NEWS) - A Springfield, Ohio business owner is hoping to cash in on a growing interest in the paranormal thanks to shows like "Ghost Hunters".

Darin Hough is looking forward to the grand opening of his new store September 20.

"It might turn a skeptic into a believer," Hough says.

The Ghost Hunting Source has everything you need to spot a spirit.

Ghost hunting has been a life long interest for Hough. He says he saw a ghost 20 years ago.

"I was driving along on a country road, Possum Road, and it just came right in front of my car and I thought I was going to hit somebody and he just kept right on walking," he recalls.

http://www.wwlp.com/...ing-store-opens

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted image
3 people like this

Have these devices been tested?

1 person likes this

doubt it, then again, hoe do they kn8w it really works
2 people like this

Interesting read, Brian.

Of the devices shown or suggested, thermal imaging cameras seem to be the "best" at capturing a "presence", as there seems to be temperature changes associated with their "presence"

However, true thermal imaging cameras are VERY expensive, $3,000 and up.

These devices are NOT the same as "night vision" gear found in any sports department.

"Night vision" devices amplify what little light is already there, whereas thermal imaging is different.

2 people like this

from article:

"I was driving along on a country road, Possum Road, and it just came right in front of my car and I thought I was going to hit somebody and he just kept right on walking," he recalls.

Well after this admission I do hope the police are opening up the files for any unsolved hit and run 20 years ago along the Possum Road, (or just beside it anyway)

1 person likes this

Indeed they have; Each item has been shown to be capable of causing morons to swap money for it.

5 people like this

Indeed they have; Each item has been shown to be capable of causing morons to swap money for it.

The american dream
2 people like this

Well we have had no proof of the paranormal in the history of the earth while millions claim things are true, so if they 'work' then there ain't no paranormal entities making them work.

If they do work, they will just be picking up some kind of natural phenomena. I will put money on that.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Timonthy

For some reason I kept reading the OP title as "Man opens paranoid tech shop". Couldn't make any sense of it.

2 people like this

Until we actually know what a spirit consists of, it is very difficult to devise equipment which can detect it

2 people like this

Silly. And some claim that humanity has advanced in the last 100 years.

1 person likes this

Wait. Someone just thought to do this? Low-life, money-sucking dirt bags of the world... I am sorely disappointed.

Am I the only one who thinks this guy could have got away with a hit and run incident which could have taken place 20 years ago? :cry:

2 people like this

Yes. Just because he said that happened doesn't mean jack.

1 person likes this

I can't imagine this is the first store like this to open. I know there's web shopping for this stuff for quite a while now.

1 person likes this

I can't imagine this is the first store like this to open. I know there's web shopping for this stuff for quite a while now.

Yeah, I don't see what the big, hairy deal is really. You can buy all the stuff these guys us on line and then you don't have to cover the over-head expense.

Yes seeing all his electro magnetic detecting equipment and ghost dowsing rods will certainly turn me into a believer.

Yeah, I don't see what the big, hairy deal is really. You can buy all the stuff these guys us on line and then you don't have to cover the over-head expense.

Why does if have to be a big and hairy deal? Why can't it be small and hairless?

1 person likes this

Small, hairless ones don't get posted about, so they throw them into the old matter/energy converter and they become large and hairy, worthy of posting.

......but they aren't, but they post them anyway. Much ado about nothing really.

2 people like this