Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Clarity

markdohle

Clarity

Sometimes things can get so tangled up inside and life itself with all of its mysteries can get so confusing, that the only way to handled it is to simply be silent and let things settle. I am learning, slowly, that I don't have to figure everything out, nor do I have the ability to do so. So I need to learn when to let it go, be silent, and simply 'be'. Sometimes clarity comes when it is not grasped after.

How many here have found this to be true, that to sit in silence, that some kind of clarity comes?

• Like 1

When I'm in your situation Mark I don't sit in silence. I find that makes me worse because I end up concentrating even more trying to figure things out which can result in a sleepless night or a headache. What I do is get on with other things instead, and that allows my mind to settle. I also find during that time I can come to a decision better and one that I'm happy with. Distraction works for me better than silence.

• Like 1

When I'm in your situation Mark I don't sit in silence. I find that makes me worse because I end up concentrating even more trying to figure things out which can result in a sleepless night or a headache. What I do is get on with other things instead, and that allows my mind to settle. I also find during that time I can come to a decision better and one that I'm happy with. Distraction works for me better than silence.

Thanks. Whatever works, that is the ticket, thanks for sharing.

peace

mark

This time of year, Fall, I sit quietly and observe my thoughts, ideas, feelings,as they all flow to the surface. It's often uncomfortable, to a greater or lesser degree, but I've found that paying attention to them sometimes leads to valuable insights, i.e. yesterday I realized that a conversation I had with a friend a week ago led me to make a decision I wasn't even aware I had made at the time. I always feel so tender & vulnerable this time of year, I want to keep busy to keep this feeling at a distance, while at the same time I realize the value of being in this state and my need to simply accept who I am and how I'm feeling in the moment. It's hard walking around feeling so vulnerable, though.

I'm glad you're back, I've missed you & your posts.

Edited by Beany
  • Like 1

This time of year, Fall, I sit quietly and observe my thoughts, ideas, feelings,as they all flow to the surface. It's often uncomfortable, to a greater or lesser degree, but I've found that paying attention to them sometimes leads to valuable insights, i.e. yesterday I realized that a conversation I had with a friend a week ago led me to make a decision I wasn't even aware I had made at the time. I always feel so tender & vulnerable this time of year, I want to keep busy to keep this feeling at a distance, while at the same time I realize the value of being in this state and my need to simply accept who I am and how I'm feeling in the moment. It's hard walking around feeling so vulnerable, though.

I'm glad you're back, I've missed you & your posts.

Good thoughts my friend, a clear presentation on how you process. Hey, glad you missed me LOL.

peace

mark