Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Animals following you, and strange siteings

leitwolf

Last summer i was at the local park, when i seen a big black dog near the church. I went to investigate but found nothing. Later that evening i took a walk on a trail, well i was walking i saw the same black dog it was about 50 yards away. I ran the rest of the way because i knew that wasn't normal when i returned home i got a flashlight, and my bestfriend (my dog), and went to the park again, i did not see it but heard it circleing me, then my dog goes running I call him but he does not come, and he always comes, so i started freaking out i ran to the highway, I started walking along it for i thought it would be safer, when i retuned home my dog was on the porch whining, so I let him inside. I have seen a couple more sightings of the creature but whenever i go to search for it all i find is nothing. What do you think im seeing, is it me, or is it a creature.

640px-2_Hell_Hound.jpg

What makes this particular black dog you are seeing, unusual? It's size? You haven't described it.

Is the picture supposed to be what it looks like? Nerves and darkness and imagination can make anything ordinary, appear extraordinary in retrospect.

Could it be a coyote (you see it only at night?) that avoids you when you then try to look for it.

What kind of dog do you have?

My dog runs from other dogs too. She has all her life. The dog park is her own personal hell!!!

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

I've got stranger stories than this from out of the boonies here in Oklahoma.

What makes this particular black dog you are seeing, unusual? It's size? You haven't described it.

Is the picture supposed to be what it looks like? Nerves and darkness and imagination can make anything ordinary, appear extraordinary in retrospect.

Could it be a coyote (you see it only at night?) that avoids you when you then try to look for it.

What kind of dog do you have?

My dog runs from other dogs too. She has all her life. The dog park is her own personal hell!!!

I agree, we need more details.

• Like 1

Not only all that but why wait until now to talk about something that freaked you out last Summer?

• Like 2

Probably it was a real dog and it left the area, found by its owner, or it was captured by animal control.

There is a myth about a black dog that shows up as an Omen just before a major tragic event happens in someones life. Specifically the black dog is a sign of the Death of someone close to you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_dog_(ghost)

Actually this happened to me 3 weeks ago . There was a larger grayish cat following me for about 45 minutes. What's creepy is that it stayed by my window for a few days, when I got home it was there when I went to sleep it was there...... Stalker cat... Also that dog reminds me of a grim

Also once, There were reports of a big panther like cat roaming the countryside around where i live, One night on the way home from work in the dark, I saw it. But it turned out to be a large black dog.

Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing

Actually this happened to me 3 weeks ago . There was a larger grayish cat following me for about 45 minutes. What's creepy is that it stayed by my window for a few days, when I got home it was there when I went to sleep it was there...... Stalker cat... Also that dog reminds me of a grim

Cats will follow you if they think you will feed them. My neighbours cat has stalked me for 7 years. Was probably a maine coon or norweigan forest cat which are larger than the average cat.

Ok it was just creepy because the thing was constantly staring at me that was the creepiest 3 weeks ever,also none of my neighbors have cats and I've haven't seen a cat in my neighborhood since then.

Ok it was just creepy because the thing was constantly staring at me that was the creepiest 3 weeks ever,also none of my neighbors have cats and I've haven't seen a cat in my neighborhood since then.

I'm sure there are cats in your neighbourhood. They just sleep all day.

I see a pattern forming here your name has wolf in it your profile pic is of wolves you have k9 pets and now your seeing a phantom wolf/dog hmm interesting. :unsure2:

• Like 1

I've had strange animals follow me in the woods. What makes them strange is the fact that I could never see them. I always heard them. They were close enough that I could hear them breathing but never actually see them. It wasn't until I actually paid attention that I could hear all four feet hitting the ground. Or that nothing else was making a sound at all. After whatever these things are lose interest in me all sound returns to normal.

I see a pattern forming here your name has wolf in it your profile pic is of wolves you have k9 pets and now your seeing a phantom wolf/dog hmm interesting. :unsure2:

I bet he wears one of those horrible fleece jackets with wolves on them too!

• Like 2

Hahaha.

• 1 month later...

well, this black dog was rather big, bigger than a wolf. i have still been seeing it, now i have got brave and yesterday, i wen't out in the woods with my three dogs, Jed, Wiyat, and Rouger. we got about 30 feet in the thick brush when we found a stream we crssed it. then i heard a bark, i got my jack knife out, and held it, thats when i seen the damn thing again, about 50 feet away in a clearing, right away i rushed towards it, my dogs mutch faster than me got to were the dog was, and whinned they took off running, and i stayed there, like i was in a coma, just waiting to get my throat ripped out, i slowly backed away, turnned and ran. i must of melted the rubber of the bottom of my shoes cause i ran so fast, my dogs were waiting for me at the edge of the forest, rite by the church, almost telling me it was safe.

:yes:

well, i love wolves, i do have alot of dogs, 4 dogs, 0 cats, i am not a satan fan, but a jesus and god fan, i belive in the wolf, i will kill anybody that even hurts one, i would kill my self, just to save 1 pack, so yeah, and other things that i do not ish to say. i don't think there is a pattern.

Why can't it be a wolf? There are wolves in Wisconsin, and black wolves in general.

Or a large black German Shepherd?

I'm still not sure what you are wanting to do: Hunt it? Kill it? Is it just curiosity to get a better look at it and identify it?

Get us a picture. We can't help much without more info, except throw out guesses.

Does it act aggressively? Your OP picture looks like a teeth-baring snarling dog. Does this one do anything other than disappear- run away?

What makes you fear it?

Edited by QuiteContrary

Yeah, just what we need more shaky, out of focus, can't make a damn thing out, pics to try and figure out.

Dude, either shoot the thing, call the police or animal control, or stop going to this area. If the "dog" were out to get you then odds are he'd have done it before now. The picture you posted up......and let's be honest, is not what you saw. Why can I say that, simple. You said yourself you couldn't really get a good look at it......but here's this picture you posted up asking us if that was what it could have been. Now, stop and think for a minute, how would we know what you saw? And why are you taking a pen knife for protection? The only thing a pen knife is good for is cleaning under your nails.

Not trying to bust your chops or anything, but stop and think a minute. Rational thought will usually light the right path for you.

• Like 1