Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shooting at Washington Navy Yard

Bavarian Raven

http://www.wjla.com/...ople-94074.html

Multiple people were hurt and four people killed Monday morning and when a person or persons opened fire inside a building at the Washington Navy Yard, United States Navy, MPD officials and news reports state.

:o

I believe this is still ongoing? Correct me if I am wrong...

Edited by Bavarian Raven
  • Like 2

One of the shooters contained, but not yet in custody, which I assume means they have him cornered. Could be a couple of other shooters in building.

This should be interesting in terms of the bases security.

Seems they all had passes and worked on the base, but his has not been confirmed.

Edited by freetoroam

Very tragic indeed! Hope the situation is resolved soon.

*waits for thread to be derailed by gun control issue*

• Like 7

What is scary is these are the people to protect the people against people like these shooters (working there allegedly).

• Like 2

What is scary is these are the people to protect the people against people like these shooters (working there allegedly).

Very intetested to hear how this happened.

• Like 2

Very intetested to hear how this happened.

How and why.

• Like 1

Four people are dead so far and they have killed two of the shooters. Very tragic, wonder what happened to make these people do this?

My condolences go out to all the victims and their families.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/16/active-shooter-at-washington-navy-yard/

• Like 2

Official version of event is due, why do I feel we will not hear the whole story?

It seems there was a group of people involved here and not just 3 shooters.

How the heck did they all get in and if they all worked there...why did they do this and who employed them?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

Official version of event is due, why do I feel we will not hear the whole story?

It seems there was a group of people involved here and not just 3 shooters.

How the heck did they all get in and if they all worked there...why did they do this and who employed them?

That's what I want to know...

As far as I know, I could be wrong here, but there is quite a bit of security at the Navy Yard.....

Edited by Burt Gummer
  • Like 3

That's what I want to know...

As far as I know, I could be wrong here, but there is quite a bit of security at the Navy Yard.....

Up until now.

• Like 1

I get the local DC stations....6 dead and one shooter dead. There are "possibly" one or two other shooters.

This is what aggravates the crap out of me in these ugly situations. The national news just blabs unsubstantiated crap to get people to watch.

I put more faith in the actual DC stations...it is...after all...their town.

Yeah this cannot and should not become a "gun control" debate...these people were obviously not the same as others in the past. You do not get into these places by accident.

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 2

But just like Ft. Hood, not terrorism.

http://dailycaller.c...n-to-terrorism/

You mean 'workplace violence'?

Expect for a lot of the facts to be murky for a bit.

The narrative will 'clarify' over time.

I am still saddened by the lives lost.

Rest in peace.

• Like 1

I get the local DC stations....6 dead and one shooter dead. There are "possibly" one or two other shooters.

This is what aggravates the crap out of me in these ugly situations. The national news just blabs unsubstantiated crap to get people to watch.

I put more faith in the actual DC stations...it is...after all...their town.

Yeah this cannot and should not become a "gun control" debate...these people were obviously not the same as others in the past. You do not get into these places by accident.

That's the problem with 24 hour news cycles. You need to fill 24 hours.

I think we were better served by the Fourth Estate when they had to wait until the evening news to update the story.

You mean 'workplace violence'?

Expect for a lot of the facts to be murky for a bit.

The narrative will 'clarify' over time.

I am still saddened by the lives lost.

Rest in peace.

Agreed, but just like at Ft. Hood, how can Homeland come out so fast and say that it's not terrorism. FFS, we don't even know how many shooters there were at this point.

• Like 3

That's the problem with 24 hour news cycles. You need to fill 24 hours.

I think we were better served by the Fourth Estate when they had to wait until the evening news to update the story.

Agreed, but just like at Ft. Hood, how can Homeland come out so fast and say that it's not terrorism. FFS, we don't even know how many shooters there were at this point.

Just give it time.. All the 'facts' will be revealed.

• Like 1

Now DC station WUSA channel 9 is reporting 12 dead and still one shooter dead a few wounded but nothing life threatening. 2 possible suspects are being sought for questioning that "may know something"...

• Like 1

Because they have a vested interest in it not being terrorism. If there is a terrorist attack (no matter from whom) they will have shown that they failed in all fields, none of the agencies integrated work any more efficient, one of them is more a bother than a service making terrorism the last untested reason why the thingy exists anyway.

• Like 3

Now DC station WUSA channel 9 is reporting 12 dead and still one shooter dead a few wounded but nothing life threatening. 2 possible suspects are being sought for questioning that "may know something"...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/16/police-responding-report-shots-washington-navy-yar/?1

Confirmed.

• Like 1

This seems to have been a very secure installation. I heard that there were three guard gates that would have had to of been penetrated, with random searches of all vehicles. The last gate is only a hundred yards from the building where the massacre took place. That's extremely brazen. In other words, this isn't a soft target, tactically.

It's hard to guess as to a motive, but with this kind of security, and the way people were gunned down in that cafeteria, my belief is this wasn't your average, run of the mill, workplace violence.

• Like 4

This seems to have been a very secure installation. I heard that there were three guard gates that would have had to of been penetrated, with random searches of all vehicles. The last gate is only a hundred yards from the building where the massacre took place. That's extremely brazen. In other words, this isn't a soft target, tactically.

It's hard to guess as to a motive, but with this kind of security, and the way people were gunned down in that cafeteria, my belief is this wasn't your average, run of the mill, workplace violence.

That makes it all the more suspicious.

• Like 2

InB4 "False flag!"....

There is a lot of questions that need to be answered. Obviously...someone...somewhere...didn't perform their duties very well.

Did the weapons come in?...or were they weapons available to the staff? I go with weapons available to qualified and approved staff....so this makes me think..."going postal"...

Someone had a boner...they knew they needed to get on base...needed to get their "approved weapon" and get the killin' started...

this was not a typical terrorist attack...I do not care what comes forward....this was anger...a blind rage....someone got demoted...written up....punished....whatever...and popped a gasket.

I do not care what "official story comes out....this has nothing to do with the oppressive gun control agenda....has nothing to do with terrorism....this was an anger attack....a blind rage. Someone got smacked down and popped a gasket....

this is the reality of an over demanding world and unrealistic expectations of people...people are not computers...they happen to have lots of glitches and flaws....

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 2

Dead Navy Yard shooter confirmed: http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

Washington (CNN) -- The FBI has identified the dead suspect in Monday's shooting rampage at the Washington Navy Yard as Aaron Alexis, 34, a military contractor from Texas.

The suspect was positively identified using fingerprints and ID, the Washington FBI Field Office said, asking members of the public for assistance tracking down information about Alexis.

"No piece of information is too small," said Valerie Parlave, assistant director in charge of the office. "We are looking to learn everything we can about his recent movements, his contacts and associates."

Authorities said at least 13 people -- including the suspect -- were killed and about a dozen others were injured in the shooting, which put government buildings on lockdown and sent police SWAT teams rushing to the scene.

It's unclear whether another gunman also opened fire at the headquarters for Naval Sea Systems Command -- and why the shooting occurred, Washington Mayor Vincent Gray told reporters.

"We'll continue to seek information about what the motive is. We don't have any reason at this stage to suspect terrorism," he said, "but certainly it has not been ruled out."

Police said one other gunman may be on the loose. Authorities earlier said there could be two gunmen at large, but later said one of them had been cleared.

The other possible suspect described by police -- a black male, between 40 and 50, wearing an "olive drab-colored" military-style uniform -- has not been ruled out, Gray said.

"We still don't know all the facts. But we do know that several people have been shot and some have been killed," President Barack Obama said earlier Monday afternoon. "So we are confronting yet another mass shooting. And today it happened on a military installation in our nation's capital."

Edited by Burt Gummer
  • Like 1