Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Harvest Moon

Waspie_Dwarf

ScienceCasts: The Harvest Moon

Visit http://science.nasa.gov/ for breaking science news.

The full Moon closest to the northern autumnal equinox is coming this week. Don't miss the Harvest Moon.

Credit: NASA

Source: NASA - Multimedia

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Waspie_Dwarf

• travelnjones

• freetoroam

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The moon was (as explained) a major part of light for farmers, man knew the benefits and knew the cycles, Science has given us closer insight on how the moon works.

Now man does not see the moon or use it for its benefits, we have electricity for that.

But nothing can take away the beauty of the moon.

I have to say there is something special about it. It's like the last of the long summer nights, where you can still enjoy the outside weather in much of North America at least. Here in the Bay Area we almost always have Indian summer in full swing on the Harvest Moon. I can remember playing past the street lights came on as a kid and just having a great time in September. School hasn't hit you will anything too hard and you have new and old friends. Really one of my favorite times of year.

But nothing can take away the beauty of the moon.

That's very true, but how I envy the 12 who were lucky enough to stand on what Buzz Aldrin called "magnificent desolation" and look up at the beauty of the Earth in the dark, lunar sky.