Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
questionmark

Fight over Kant leads to shooting

7 posts in this topic

An argument over the theories of the 18th-century philosopher Immanuel Kant ended in a man being shot in a grocery store in southern Russia.

RIA news agency quoted police in the city of Rostov-on-Don as saying a fight broke out between two men as they argued over Kant, the German author of Critique of Pure Reason, without giving details of their debate.

"In the course of the fight, the suspect took out a pistol firing rubber bullets and fired several shots at his opponent," it said, adding that one man was detained and the victim was taken to hospital. His life was not in danger.

Read more

????

On the other hand, one has to give these Russians that even at grocery store level they seem to know who Kant was and what he was about. In other parts of the world that does not happen :innocent:

Edited by questionmark
4 people like this

Over here in the UK once I saw a cluster of folks ram eachother with trolleys in the supermarket to get the last crate of beer on offer, there were no words, only grunts and gestures. I've seen a cashier and customer insult eachother over the price of a lottery ticket. I've also seen a drunk get marched out of the clothes section for putting three hats on that he said he didn't intend on purchasing. This has broadened my horizons concerning supermarket arguments and made me feel a lot dumber. I would love to know how they got to discussing Kant's theories presuming they didn't know eachother beforehand, I find several of his theories intriguing but to shoot rubber bullets at someone about it is slightly deranged. The setting of the incident just makes it so much more mysterious,

3 people like this

This is the weirdest story I've ever read.

2 people like this

I wonder if there is some dash cam footage of this floating around somewhere.

2 people like this

I dunno what the world is coming to when you kant have a debate without violence. *sigh*

5 people like this

Perhaps one of the protagonists was deaf and misunderstood the subject!

s12207.gif

3 people like this

I dunno what the world is coming to when you kant have a debate without violence. *sigh*

Hahaha I lost it at this

3 people like this