Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Solved] UM titles and features

Tarnibritan

Sadly i am not the most technical person out there, (I am under 30 , have always preffered books to computers) but can anyone enlighten me on some things about UM ? I would like to know how to post pictures? i have seen others do it in their threads but have not gleaned how to do it thus far? I clicked the picture link and it came up with URL?

And what do the titles that each person holds mean in The UM forums? I know im still new and am Alien embryo? How does it work? Sounds like a heirarchy of how long you have been on the forum for??

Two questions that have been bugging me if anyone can help-thank you times a million- you have furthered me insight

Sadly i am not the most technical person out there, (I am under 30 , have always preffered books to computers) but can anyone enlighten me on some things about UM ? I would like to know how to post pictures? i have seen others do it in their threads but have not gleaned how to do it thus far? I clicked the picture link and it came up with URL?

And what do the titles that each person holds mean in The UM forums? I know im still new and am Alien embryo? How does it work? Sounds like a heirarchy of how long you have been on the forum for??

Two questions that have been bugging me if anyone can help-thank you times a million- you have furthered me insight

Hello and welcome to UM!

I suggest to find the answers to your query to look at the Help Topic: Posting. Just click on the Help at the top of the page. Once you have done this, it will take you to the general help page, which there are sub-catagories for specific types of help you need.

The titles that each person holds is constructed by the amount of posts (I believe) this information is also located in the Help section.

Hope this helps you in the right direction:)

Kind Regards

I to, with the exception of avatar, cannot see how to upload a picture into a post directly from your PC without going via something like Photobucket etc. I see pictures in other posters posts and see the url is UM. How, please, as the faq seems unclear, or I'm missing something.

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=145622

^ Frequently asked questions topic

Q. How many posts do I need to achieve each post rank title ?

0 : Alien Embryo - 1 star

125 : Ectoplasmic Residue - 1 star

250 : Apparition - 2 stars

375 : Extraterrestrial Entity - 3 stars

500 : Remote Viewer - 4 stars

625 : Astral Projection - 5 stars

750 : Paranormal Investigator - 6 stars

875 : Conspiracy Theorist - 7 stars

1000 : Psychic spy - 8 stars

2125 : Poltergeist - 1 blue star

3250 : Government agent - 2 blue stars

4375 : Alien abductor - 3 blue stars

5500 : Majestic 12 Operative - 4 blue stars

6625 : Telekinetic - 5 blue stars

7750 : Non-corporeal being - 6 blue stars

8875 : Omnipotent Entity - 7 blue stars

10000 : Forum divinity - 8 blue stars

Q. How do I set a custom profile title under my avatar ?

You need to have 1000 posts or more in order to unlock the option to set a custom title.

When using 'More Reply Options' you can see the 'Attach Files' section, and upload images directly from your computer.

You can also go to the 'My Media' tool when posting and see what attachments you have uploaded on UM from your computer.

There's a special 'Image' tool when posting in which you can copy and paste a link to an uploaded image from Photobucket.

Edited by Hatake Kakashi
  • Like 3

A believe that a 'monster' was created tonight.

I guess we'll have to see in due time. ;)

I guess we'll have to see in due time. ;)

This monster seems to have eaten the picture I posted here as a test :unsure2:

Edited by Kaa-Tzik

Try to avoid attaching copyrighted images. :)

Since the original question has been answered I'll set this thread to complete.