Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Singing in The Spirit

SpiritWriter

Singing in the spirit is a powerful way to connect with God and give him praise. I know that many on this site don't believe in God per se' but I do believe their are a vast majority here who can recognize their own spirit and sing in it. In this case I guess I would say you should sing to life and appreciate everything good and sing with a happy and loving heart. You can humm, you can say La La La... This lady was passing out literature which prescribed singing "ha", and I am beginning to think this spiritual practice led to the origination of the word, Hallelujah, which means highest praise and is a word I normally cone to and repeat when I am singing in the spirit. You can make uo your own words or you can sing something you wrote or even another persons words.. I think the best way is to let the words come to you. You can merely sway back and forth when you pray, you can visit a place known for thier corporate sing like a church during praise time, but when you are alone or in charge you can govern the message.

This is whats done in churches and the meaning of gospel music and alsi how we shoyld pray, in the spirit. You can have many powerful spiritual outpourings with this practise and its totally free.

Let me know some stories about your current praise life and or the results after you gave it a try.

This is something I've done quite a bit of and something I always miss and know I need to get back to when its been a while. I will tell you once, long ago I actually did praise god and I could feel arms around me holding me tight, I was being held by them and when I opened my eyes I was turned around. I know how one would say "oh you were in a forced state of hypnosis" or some such matter but I do still like the memory, the feeling of love and all the other comforting messages I got from that moment, but this to me does not prove God but because I believe in him I can easily give him credit for coming to be with me that day as well as understand he is with me everyday...

Singing in the spirit is one way to open the door to further advancements in the spirit. I encourage it for all.

Blessings all

Pls forgive the typos

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

I was going to joke and say some who know me consider me a bad singer. All jokes aside, I wouldn't know, of what you talk.

Sorry. With my spiritual sense, there are times I feel giddy and thus the feeling of song, or to sing, because of joyfulness occurs. I like to sing, and I love music. I love to be close to music, but I think it's the music itself. As to a higher being, I'm thinking it's the other way around, your given the gift of music in your heart. Just my take, sorry.

The first human music imitated the rythmn of heart beats. Music is indeed both a representation of, and a way to acces, the human spirit. My heart and mind is always full of music even though I am largely tone deaf. Music can be used to uplift ones spirits, emotions, heart, body and soul.

There's the power of the word and a joyful noise, it's a powerful combination that can be used to celebrate or mourn, tell a story. Of all the gifts I wish I had, singing it at the top of the list. But I can chant like nobody's business! And I do sing, even thought I can't carry a tune, but I put my heart into it, and hope that people hear that.

• Like 1

Tonight (well, technically last night) I luckily was able to partake something similiar for Jesus. I was at the Hospital visiting my sick aunt who is battling cancer and while she slept I decided to visit the Chapel (Or tiny Church?)downstairs to pray for her. They were nearing the end of a service and I joined them for a group prayer and then a couple of songs in dance and clapping for Jesus and God. It was uplifting and although I didn't sense an Angel or God hugging me, there was a pleasant energy in the room. I enjoyed it. I shall try the singing for God. What a wonderful way to express love and joy for Lord Jesus and our Father in Heaven. :D

• Like 1

Tonight (well, technically last night) I luckily was able to partake something similiar for Jesus. I was at the Hospital visiting my sick aunt who is battling cancer and while she slept I decided to visit the Chapel (Or tiny Church?)downstairs to pray for her. They were nearing the end of a service and I joined them for a group prayer and then a couple of songs in dance and clapping for Jesus and God. It was uplifting and although I didn't sense an Angel or God hugging me, there was a pleasant energy in the room. I enjoyed it. I shall try the singing for God. What a wonderful way to express love and joy for Lord Jesus and our Father in Heaven. :D

Aww, sweet. :)

Sorry to hear about your aunt, glad you could be there for her. :) keep singing, your right it is uplifting

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting, SW, in Hawaiian "ha" is the breath of life and is the and is the way the ancient Hawaiians prayed. The missionaries that came from England at the time were referred to as "haole" pronounced ha-oh lay which means without breath. The ancient Hawaiians thought the missionaries looks dead because of their white skin and also because the did a lot of talking during prayers instead of breathing the "ha" which the ancients thought was distracting.

• Like 1