Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I really want an answer!

danielost

Why do we always include the shooter amongst the dead, if they are killed. They haven't earned the right to be recognized amongst the honered dead. We shouldn't include in any discussion along with the dead.

I always hear how this commentater or that reporter won't talk about them and then they spend an hour doing so.

These people want the fame don't give it to them. Twelve people died this week end for no reason let's talk about them and their families.

Sorry for rant. Have a good day.

• Like 2

Anyone with half a brain has been saying the same thing for a long time now. What you didn't consider is the money: you are more likely to have people tune in to your news broadcast when you use recognizable names and buzzwords. In most cases, the name of the killer quickly becomes much more recognizable than the names of the victims.

It's a sad reality, but ratings bring the money and cash is king.

• Like 3

At least they don't put them on the cover of Rolling Stone or anything.

You're asking a lot from a country where the media loves and craves bloodshed.

• Like 5

They talk about the killer because people want to know why. But it's too late for that now. We will never know why. We can guess. We can try to do something to prevent it, but the only one who can definitively express why is dead and gone.

• Like 1

Why do we always include the shooter amongst the dead, if they are killed. They haven't earned the right to be recognized amongst the honered dead. We shouldn't include in any discussion along with the dead.

I agree with what you say but I do have a nit-pick. These people that died are not honored dead. They are just simply victims that died tragically before their time (perhaps it was their time??). How ‘bout all those that died elsewhere that day? Why don’t we hear about all of them? Were not their lives just as important? Locally this morning a young girl lost her life in a car accident when she was broadsided going through an intersection. Her car rolled and she was partially ejected and ended up being pinned under it. Isn’t that just as senseless a loss as being gunned down? What makes someone that snaps with a gun more tragic that a drunk with a car? People are going to die all sorts of ways, that’s just the odds. Dead is dead and we shouldn’t try to sensationalize one way over the others. Morn the losses but move on.

• Like 1

Cause...the higher the body count, the bigger the sales....adding one more to the count is just for coverage....12 dead....no wait...13....counting the shooter....stupid news for stupid sheep....

flockofsheep_zpsf1a6a84d.gif

I just read an account of this guy's history and he seems to have been a legitimate mental health problem that was overlooked. He actually admitted to healthcare at the VA TWICE that he was hearing voices and they meant to harm him. I have a feeling this is going to be an embarrassment to some providers if it isn't swept under a rug. I have no training in mental health but I'd think that "hearing voices" in a man his age with known anger management issues should have been a red flag to someone?

• Like 4

Anyone with half a brain has been saying the same thing for a long time now. What you didn't consider is the money: you are more likely to have people tune in to your news broadcast when you use recognizable names and buzzwords. In most cases, the name of the killer quickly becomes much more recognizable than the names of the victims.

It's a sad reality, but ratings bring the money and cash is king.

Bingo! :(

I just read an account of this guy's history and he seems to have been a legitimate mental health problem that was overlooked. He actually admitted to healthcare at the VA TWICE that he was hearing voices and they meant to harm him. I have a feeling this is going to be an embarrassment to some providers if it isn't swept under a rug. I have no training in mental health but I'd think that "hearing voices" in a man his age with known anger management issues should have been a red flag to someone?

I hear ya man....but it is like bashing your head against a brick wall....no one on the other side hears a thing.

Obamacare has so many tentacles...it is hard to say how this will go. They want to link gun ownership to things like this....do they not understand that a psycho can kill a legitimate gun owner with a knife and take his guns? They are so off the marks of reality it is astounding....

This dude obviously had some mental health issues...where was the folks who are supposed to spot these things?...oh...I know...they were too busy trying to build a place for themselves in Obamacare they couldn't be bothered to do their jobs....

and these idiots think it is going to get better.

No one cares about the guy down the street anymore....if he is cold or hungry...if he is sick or delusional....they just don't care...."I gotta get mine baby!...yyyeeeaaaahhhhh! Oops...sorry that guy killed your family and burned your house down.....

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 2

The shooter is the only dead one that people care about. Heck, if you read the forums here people can tell you what religion he was, what weapons he used, his mental health, how many times he was in jail, whether is was a liberal/conservative, etc. I doubt that a single one of us can name one of the victims without googling it. It's not the media and it's not the money. It's just human nature.

As ugly as it sounds, that is your answer.

• Like 1

I hear ya man....but it is like bashing your head against a brick wall....no one on the other side hears a thing.

Obamacare has so many tentacles...it is hard to say how this will go. They want to link gun ownership to things like this....do they not understand that a psycho can kill a legitimate gun owner with a knife and take his guns? They are so off the marks of reality it is astounding....

This dude obviously had some mental health issues...where was the folks who are supposed to spot these things?...oh...I know...they were too busy trying to build a place for themselves in Obamacare they couldn't be bothered to do their jobs....

and these idiots think it is going to get better.

No one cares about the guy down the street anymore....if he is cold or hungry...if he is sick or delusional....they just don't care...."I gotta get mine baby!...yyyeeeaaaahhhhh! Oops...sorry that guy killed your family and burned your house down.....

A person with a knife can't kill people from the fourth floor of a building. Just saying. And how does this have anything to do with Obamacare?

This man obviously needed help in a huge way, this cannot be understated. It's sad that he complained about his problems and nobody helped him, but in no way am I saying what he did was right, because it wasn't. He is just an example of a system that failed him which was supposed to help him, as he expressed his problems and no one listened. I believe he killed for a multitude of underlying reasons, but he didn't choose the navy shipyard for nothing.

Also to the op, ever heard of Hitler?

Edited by andy4
  • Like 2

I agree with what you say but I do have a nit-pick. These people that died are not honored dead. They are just simply victims that died tragically before their time (perhaps it was their time??). How 'bout all those that died elsewhere that day? Why don't we hear about all of them? Were not their lives just as important? Locally this morning a young girl lost her life in a car accident when she was broadsided going through an intersection. Her car rolled and she was partially ejected and ended up being pinned under it. Isn't that just as senseless a loss as being gunned down? What makes someone that snaps with a gun more tragic that a drunk with a car? People are going to die all sorts of ways, that's just the odds. Dead is dead and we shouldn't try to sensationalize one way over the others. Morn the losses but move on.

Accident deaths happen all the time, this was no accident.

Not sure how you could say "perhaps it was their time"? This was not a clip out of "final destination".

• Like 3

As for the lady who was killed by a drunk driver. She is as important as the twelve and be counted amongst the honored dead. As for the drunk he/she should be charged with murder one. They knew they might kill someone when they went out got drunk and drive home, or what ever their story is. Anyone who runs from the police and kill someone should also be charged with murder one for the same reason.

As for the lady who was killed by a drunk driver. She is as important as the twelve and be counted amongst the honored dead. As for the drunk he/she should be charged with murder one. They knew they might kill someone when they went out got drunk and drive home, or what ever their story is. Anyone who runs from the police and kill someone should also be charged with murder one for the same reason.

Again...you can not compare the two. A drunk driver does not get into their car with intent to kill, they get into the car and are taking what could be a fatal risk to themselves or the victim and are generally too drunk to care or think, this guy walked in with the intent to shoot and kill.

Again...you can not compare the two. A drunk driver does not get into their car with intent to kill, they get into the car and are taking what could be a fatal risk to themselves or the victim and are generally too drunk to care or think, this guy walked in with the intent to shoot and kill.

Yes... And he was most probably taking or recently 'quit' taking gov prescribed happy pills.. which had an adverse side effect making him incapable of thinking rationally and sensible. ....... pffft... almost all these shooters have had a recorded history of mental illness. They see a doctor and the good doc gives him SSRI's to deal with the problem.

I think this is becoming too much of a coincidence to ignore.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1

Yes... And he was most probably taking or recently 'quit' taking gov prescribed happy pills.. which had an adverse side effect making him incapable of thinking rationally and sensible. ....... pffft... almost all these shooters have had a recorded history of mental illness. They see a doctor and the good doc gives him SSRI's to deal with the problem.

Yep, they give them medication and sent them home with the assumption that they are going to take their medication as prescribed. Not taking their medication is normally more dangerous than taking it, but once they leave the doctors surgery no one is going to check on them, so back onto the streets they go.

This is just speculation of course.

This is just speculation of course.

Without speculation, unfounded assumptions and wild, baseless accusations these boards would be a very quiet place.

• Like 2

Actually these happy fields have side affects including increased agression. I was on one the day my girlfriend hit me. Before, I knew what was going o. I throw her across the room. She didn't hit the wall because of the bed. If you take these happy pills your putting your control into the hands of a little white pill r what ever color they are. The whole time I was throwing her and what came right after I was telling myself not to do it.

You want an answer? I'll give you one.

DRUGS

GOV drugs.

The kind of drugs only a parent with half a brain but indoctrinated by a welfare system would understand.

That includes everybody... even the Bill Gate's folk.

Indoctrinated by a system that perpetuates fake happiness.... a magic pill and all your sorrows go away!

How convenient is that?

• Like 1

But be warned this pill may result in the flu and maybe death. Of course they never say whose death. We just assume they mean the user.

• Like 1