Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible Thunderbird

Thunderbird915

This as you can see s my username , but when I was 7 I thought I saw a big bird it was probably a trick of the light and height of the animal flying aboveit scared me tk death. When I did some research is when I finallyheard about the thunderbird and one story about how one picked up a boy and carried him about 70 feet.

P.S I could see details of it it was black with some white around its neck it also was a little bald on its head( that's also how I got my username)

Edited by Thunderbird915

May I ask how old you are now?

Also the whereabouts of where you saw this.

I'm not sure how you worked out the scaling, there was another animal flying above the bird?

Edited by Orcseeker

When people call me annoying or a 3 year old I act like one and annoy them like heck

I'm gonna go on a limb and guess that he was 3 years old.

• Like 2

Nice to see a fellow El Pasoan. I saw something similar in the area when I was about 15 or 16.

• Like 1

This as you can see s my username , but when I was 7 I thought I saw a big bird it was probably a trick of the light and height of the animal flying aboveit scared me tk death. When I did some research is when I finallyheard about the thunderbird and one story about how one picked up a boy and carried him about 70 feet.

P.S I could see details of it it was black with some white around its neck it also was a little bald on its head( that's also how I got my username)

turkey-vulture.jpg

Turkey vulture?

california-condor_486_600x450.jpg

California Condor?

Screen-Shot-2012-01-08-at-12.03.49-PM-208x300.png

Nibs

• Like 1

Look I live in Oklahoma and was 7 I'm now 20 I had a good vjew because I was in my tree fort looking through a hole in the. Ceiling

Yes, but that was 13 years ago and memory isn't as reliable as we'd like to think it is.

Just consider it as a possibility is all I'm saying.

• Like 2

I agree with keninsc.

Also, what makes you so sure of it's size? How did you know you didn't misjudge?

Look I live in Oklahoma and was 7 I'm now 20 I had a good vjew because I was in my tree fort looking through a hole in the. Ceiling

You've never said how big it looked to you, so how big? How big was the hole you were looking through?

You also commented "it was probably a trick of the light and height of the animal flying aboveit"

Does this mean you think it was a trick of the eye and not as big as you think it was? Sorry, I don't understand that quote.

Turkey vultures...they always surprise me how big they look in flight, even from a distance! "Wow, look at the size of that bird (wingspan) and then I'll realize, oh it's just another T vulture. They are all over where I live in Texas.

When someone is a little boy/girl, Objects seem bigger from their point of view compared to an adult.

But at the same time I'm open to the possibilities of undiscovered species. The coelacanth once thought

to be extinct with the dinosaurs was discovered off the coast of Africa in 1938.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coelacanth

I'm from Oklahoma and I've spent a lot of years out in the boonies. I've seen buzzards, vultures and many eagles. I've also seen giant ass golden eagles. What trips me out about the golden eagles I witnessed is the fact that they were bigger than anything I've seen outside of the zoo. Doesn't necessarily mean I was seeing a thunderbird.

Also the fact that there were two of them and they were in an area where they shouldn't be.

I've got a feeling he's not 20 years old. But anyway there's not much to go off from this post.

When someone is a little boy/girl, Objects seem bigger from their point of view compared to an adult.

But at the same time I'm open to the possibilities of undiscovered species. The coelacanth once thought

to be extinct with the dinosaurs was discovered off the coast of Africa in 1938.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Coelacanth

I often think someone should come up with a rule like Godwin's law where as soon as someone mentions the coelacanth in a cryptid discussion, they lose all credibility. I'm not actually aiming that at you, your bringing it up just reminded me. I'm aiming it at people who use the idea that a species scientists thought was extinct (though plenty of fishermen who actually caught them regularly didn't) deep in the ocean somehow makes it likely we haven't noticed nine foot tall apes digging through our garbage or birds three times the size of big condors or eagles winging over our heads.

The fact is, unless it's flying around Antarctica, anything that big would attract notice because there's about a 100% possibility that someone would want to kill it and hang it from a ceiling.

There's no doubt there are many species we have yet to officially "discover", probably a handful of big species, but I think it's beyond belief that there are really huge flying things of which we are unaware.

• Like 1

I often think someone should come up with a rule like Godwin's law where as soon as someone mentions the coelacanth in a cryptid discussion, they lose all credibility. I'm not actually aiming that at you, your bringing it up just reminded me. I'm aiming it at people who use the idea that a species scientists thought was extinct (though plenty of fishermen who actually caught them regularly didn't) deep in the ocean somehow makes it likely we haven't noticed nine foot tall apes digging through our garbage or birds three times the size of big condors or eagles winging over our heads.

The fact is, unless it's flying around Antarctica, anything that big would attract notice because there's about a 100% possibility that someone would want to kill it and hang it from a ceiling.

There's no doubt there are many species we have yet to officially "discover", probably a handful of big species, but I think it's beyond belief that there are really huge flying things of which we are unaware.

Beyond all that you have stated these gigantic birds would have to eat something and while they may live off the beaten path someone would have found remains of that among other things (poop, feathers, egg shells...etc.). Terrestrial animals do not live in a vacuum. They leave evidence beyond just being seen. If that made any sense.