Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Simbi Laveau

So... how long before this Whedon vehicle gets cancelled? Wanna place bets?

Well the actors are almost all unknowns, except for The Clark Gregg.

There's also a change for famous guest spots.

It is the same universe as the avengers and spiderman so...

I collected Marvel comics for years but, Meh! I liked the agent Coulson character but he died :cry: and in true Marvel fashion he appears to be alive and well :clap:

I'm sure it is already destined for reruns on the SyFy network.

• Like 2

We'll see how this turns out..

It's a cool concept, and I love the Marvel cinematic universe. It's one of the most incredible pursuits in entertainment history.

How well would a television show do set in this universe? I suppose the only answer is to wait and see.

• Like 2

I only just noticed this was a Joss Whedon thing. Anticipation levels have just increased 23%

I can't see this getting tossed early :)

I only just noticed this was a Joss Whedon thing. Anticipation levels have just increased 23%

I can't see this getting tossed early :)

I'm hoping it doesn't pull a Firefly.

I'm hoping it doesn't pull a Firefly.

So do I, but let's put some perspective on it - when I first watched Firefly, I'd just been handed a DVD set of the already canceled show. I've never even heard of it before then. Though I did manage to watch Serenity at the cinema. There was zero publicity behind the launch (not where I live, at least).

In contrast, this new series had been fully saturated in media and build up. Only an utterly abysmal start will destroy this show, and I have the faith in Whedon to be able to construct a show that can hook people from the second or third episode (I never include the Pilot, rarely does a Pilot have the strength to hook an entire audience - Firefly's first episode was not the greatest TV I'd ever seen, but by the end of "The Train Job" I was officially a fan).

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1

So do I, but let's put some perspective on it - when I first watched Firefly, I'd just been handed a DVD set of the already canceled show. I've never even heard of it before then. Though I did manage to watch Serenity at the cinema. There was zero publicity behind the launch (not where I live, at least).

In contrast, this new series had been fully saturated in media and build up. Only an utterly abysmal start will destroy this show, and I have the faith in Whedon to be able to construct a show that can hook people from the second or third episode (I never include the Pilot, rarely does a Pilot have the strength to hook an entire audience - Firefly's first episode was not the greatest TV I'd ever seen, but by the end of "The Train Job" I was officially a fan).

I trust Whedon when it comes to television shows.

Hopefully the attention this has received will give it a proper run.

• Like 1

"‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Gains a Big Audience"...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/26/business/media/agents-of-shield-gains-a-big-audience-while-the-voice-keeps-rolling.html

..."posted the best numbers for a new drama in almost four years."...

..."attracting just under 12 million viewers and a big 4.6 rating among viewers in the 18- to 49-year-old age group".

I caught the premier Tuesday night and really liked it. I'm usually not free to watch live tv so I'll be keeping up via VOD.

Edited by HDesiato
  • Like 1

"'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Gains a Big Audience"...

http://www.nytimes.c...ps-rolling.html

..."posted the best numbers for a new drama in almost four years."...

..."attracting just under 12 million viewers and a big 4.6 rating among viewers in the 18- to 49-year-old age group".

I caught the premier Tuesday night and really liked it. I'm usually not free to watch live tv so I'll be keeping up via VOD.

I missed it unfortunately. I don't watch a lot of television; I caught the season premier of South Park last night by chance.

I'll have to see if the pilot episode of S.H.I.E.L.D is on demand.

If it is I'll watch it and post about it.

I watched the first episode ill have to wait for he next couple before I pass judgment on it

I watched the first episode ill have to wait for he next couple before I pass judgment on it

Me too. I did like the first one though. There's an for the IPad that will allow you to watch.

I really enjoyed the first episode! Can't wait to see where they take it! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Not bad. I hope the first ep isn't representative of the formula they're going with though, 'cus I'm getting a really strong "Alphas" vibe.

That hacker girl is smoking hot.

Not a bad pilot.

It just seems like NCIS or CSI, but add Avenger's references.

Not bad. I hope the first ep isn't representative of the formula they're going with though, 'cus I'm getting a really strong "Alphas" vibe.

That, and a little bit of "Heroes",... but like others have said, lets wait a couple of episodes and see where it takes us.

• Like 1

I need to see more before I make a judgement call to keep watching or not, but I will say this much. Out of all the new shows I have watched thus far, Sleepy Hollow is the best (in my opinion).

sooo whatd everyone think of the second episode?

Well the actors are almost all unknowns, except for The Clark Gregg

Really? I've just watched the opening double episode and must disagree. Sure, the main cast may not be big stars, but what sci fi show does? Who was Marina Sirtis before Deanna Troi? Who was Neil Grayston before Eureka's Douglas Fargo? Who was Nathan Fillion, before Captain Malcolm Reynolds?

What we have is Clark Gregg, of Avengers fame. Add in Ming-Na, from Stargate and Eureka. The rest of the main cast seem innocuous enough, though Chloe Bennett is giving massive Faith vibes (Faith, the second vampire slayer from Joss Whedon's Buffy). Add in J. August Richards (Angel) in episode 1, and Samuel L. Jackson in episode 2, as well as the incomparable Ron Glass (Firefly) in what is most likely a recurring role, and that's actually a massive cast. At least for those who are sci fi nerds.

I totally disagree within the "unknown" of the cast.

As you may have gotten, I'm liking the show. The pilot is still a pilot, so it's got issues, but I'm looking forward to the future of this show.

Edited by Paranoid Android

Well have to see were Whedon plans on keeping it in the "Marvel film universe" which we all know differs from comics universe.

Yes they are throwing a lot of references and a few gag items out there trying to keep the continuity going.

First episode dealt with Iron Man 3 extremis and second had references to back to Hydra tech.

I have I hopes for the show, and don't want the let downs like smallville and arrow series for seeing super powered beings.

Edited by Talion

Add in Ming-Na, from Stargate and Eureka.

Also on ER for years back when she was still Ming-Na Wen. She's been around.

I really wish this would've been a Showtime or HBO show. It's a little too, I don't know, weak. Made for TV-ish. I don't know how to describe it.

• Like 1

It seems good to me so far. I do hope that they give Ming-Na more to do than just glower at everyone. (And I have a bit of trouble following Fitz-Simmons' accents.)

I'm not a huge Marvel fan, but I did catch the 616 reference.