Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Truckers Threaten to Shut Down Washington, DC

Kowalski

WHY ARE TRUCKERS THREATENING TO ‘SHUT DOWN WASHINGTON, D.C.’ FOR THREE DAYS STRAIGHT?

A group of truckers is reportedly planning to shut Washington, D.C. down for three days straight starting on Oct. 11 to protest the “corruption against the Constitution.”

The “Truckers To Shut Down America” Facebook page has more than 16,000 likes, though it is unclear how many truckers actually intend on taking part in the disruptive protest.

“The American people are sick and tired of the corruption that is destroying America! We therefore declare a GENERAL STRIKE on the weekend of October 11-13, 2013! Truck drivers will not haul freight! Americans can strike in solidarity with truck drivers!” the group’s description reads.

In a YouTube video uploaded by user “Kevin Allan” and linked on the “Truckers To Shut Down America” Facebook page, the event is labeled as a general “strike” by the American people against the federal government and its “bulls**t.”

Link: http://www.theblaze....-days-straight/

Here's the Facebook page: https://m.facebook.c...-straight/&_rdr

These guys have my support! :clap: :clap:

This is for you guys!

Link:

:)

Edited by Burt Gummer
  • Like 3

Those guys always get my sympathy....I have driven more times than I care to talk about in DC and Baltimore...I always felt bad for the tractor-trailer drivers....if you think traffic sucks in your little car....try driving a big rig in these places....

I hope they f the system sideways....good luck to them and all the teamsters....where is hoffa when you need him?....oh....planted in the ground somewhere.....

• Like 2

"Do you hear the people sing?

Singing the song of angry men.

It is the music of a people

who will not be slaves again!

Will you join in our crusade?

Who will be strong and stand with me?...."

• Like 3

And the country was better off when it was run by farmers.

Give em hell guys!! I love this!

• Like 1

Sounds more like the start of a revolution.

A revolution is coming — a revolution which will be peaceful if we are wise enough; compassionate if we care enough; successful if we are fortunate enough — But a revolution which is coming whether we will it or not. We can affect its character; we cannot alter its inevitability.

Robert Kennedy

Speech in the United States Senate (9 May 1966)

• Like 1

when people talk about essential services i think of farming and trucking. No farming and no one eats. No trucking and only farmers eat. Give em hell!

• Like 3

For every one that refuses to go, three will.

There is no solidarity in our ranks.

How can there be? Most owe more than they will ever earn for their rig. Stop a day and the bank goon with the Sheriff will be there.

• Like 1

I was just on their website on Facebook and they're asking the American people to not go shopping or spend any money October 11-13. I do have to go to the doctor's on the 11th but I can survive well without going anywhere for that time. They have my support. They're talking about expanding it to a week.

• Like 1

Having read the link and viewed the vids, I can say with certainty that this guy is functionally insane.

He say's "Congress will listen" Uh, no they won't. Because this wannabe movement is STUPID.

And how many truckers will actually participate in this show of nothingness, only to tick-off their employeer's losing profit, with the potential of getting fired.

The main dude is a serious loser who doesn't REALLY give a dang about anyone but his own twisted views and trying to draw other people into it.

• Like 2

I was just on their website on Facebook and they're asking the American people to not go shopping or spend any money October 11-13. I do have to go to the doctor's on the 11th but I can survive well without going anywhere for that time. They have my support. They're talking about expanding it to a week.

Same here. :tu:

We only go to town once a week, but we can easily stock up, for a week in advance...

I feel this song is very appropriate given the topic....

Link: http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=0JLZUSRJwJI

Rock on, Hank... :tsu:

Note: I have that CD. Love it! :)

Having read the link and viewed the vids, I can say with certainty that this guy is functionally insane.

He say's "Congress will listen" Uh, no they won't. Because this wannabe movement is STUPID.

And how many truckers will actually participate in this show of nothingness, only to tick-off their employeer's losing profit, with the potential of getting fired.

The main dude is a serious loser who doesn't REALLY give a dang about anyone but his own twisted views and trying to draw other people into it.

Now now, but I give you a like for precisely describing the reaction of Congress (besides hounding the DC police to get them off their racetrack).

General strikes like this have been done in the past here and are still done currently in other countries. If the outrage is more than the cost of the sacrifice, people will do it.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 2

hm, how unexpected of you, lol.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

hm, how unexpected of you, lol.

I know, huh!

TRUTH to speak of blatant absurdity only grabs me from time-to-time. OK, maybe more than a few times. :w00t:

General strikes like this have been done in the past here and are still done currently in other countries. If the outrage is more than the cost of the sacrifice, people will do it.

Truckers are posting that they're going. The ones who can't say they will not move their trucks on those days. The US has some trucking companies of course, but most are independents.

• Like 1

I'm just now reading about this.

Good for them if they pull it off.

I hope they're organized and send a strong message.

Let's put Washington on notice.

• Like 2

What this guy says about the truckers is true. Without them, we have nothing!

Edited by susieice

Truckers are posting that they're going. The ones who can't say they will not move their trucks on those days. The US has some trucking companies of course, but most are independents.

Exactly my point. Remember that even "independents" mostly move other company cargo, not their own. Companies losing profit over this will be ticked-off, and those truckers could get fired or otherwise have a hard time getting new business with their own rigs.

In my own town, there is a constant training facility for new truck drivers, independent or not, so these "participants" can easily be replaced.

I see this effort by that organiser wacko as being clearly absurd, having absolutely no political effect, and badly affecting the participating truckers paycheck.

The author of this so-called movement clearly doesn't care one bit about the financial welfare of the truckers or their families. Unless he is going to pay them for lost wages and lost jobs...NOT.

Again, I say he is insane.

Edited by pallidin

Reminds me of one of last scenes from F.I.S.T. This won't be a legal protest unless they get a permit. Either way I hope it sends a message to our elected officials that the constituents aren't happy.

• Like 1

Reminds me of one of last scenes from F.I.S.T. This won't be a legal protest unless they get a permit. Either way I hope it sends a message to our elected officials that the constituents aren't happy.

They know, they just won't do anything until their asses are in some psycho's crosshairs.

They know, they just won't do anything until their asses are in some psycho's crosshairs.

That's where organised VOTING comes into play. THAT is the way to correctly effect change.

Has been very effective in the past with some group movements, and is Constitutionally protected.

Edited by pallidin