Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

spaceship moon theory n solwayfirth space man

Megan marti

The space ship moon theory also known as Vasin-shcherbakov theory.It claims that our earth's moon might actually be an alien space craft.The theory was put forth by Michael vasin and Alexander shcherbakov. Their thesis was that moon is a hollowed out planetoid CREATED by some intelligent beings! But that is not proved much. Still there are chances for it to be true.

Not proved much? How about not at all?
  • Like 1

That's just a statement the photographer made.

Which you chose to accept while you reject the "it's her mom or some random dude"-approach.

That's fine with me, but i'd like to stick with the "REAL real world"-explanation presented up there.

Sheeeesh, when I'm out with my daughter and take pictures, there's always s**tloads of people in the background,

people i didn't realize when taking the picture. I never understood why the cumberland "spaceman"

gained so much popularity in the first place, since it's rather obivous that it's a person simply standing in the background,

NOT a 16ft-space-suited alien on his intergalactic quest to scare little children.

So why would he lie about it? Because he, like everybody else, was desperate for publicity and perpetrates hoaxes just to get in the papers? And would there be loads of people just wandering about in the background in the middle of nowhere? "He lied!" is such a tiresome all-purpose kneejerk explanation for everything, it really does save people having to make any effort to actually think about anything.

• Like 1

For the love of God, people!! Take a look at post 9 by seeder.... How can ANYONE still believe its an alien in a spacesuit after seeing that!!!??? Even the most hard core of believers has got to learn when to hold, and when to throw claims away.

Edited by DBunker
  • Like 3

The cumberland spaceman is a perfect example of exactly what the problem is with UFOology.

Silly, silly claims like that is why people are laughing their butts off at the UFO believers.

I think even the more serious claims still envoke the same reaction. ridicule seems to be the MO and has been for a long time. Yet know one seems to ridicule the likes of Major Q who said Portage county was simply Venus.

If we are to ridicule the ridiculous claims in UFOlogy then we must do the same for some of the ludicrous debunking that has happened.

• Like 2

I think even the more serious claims still envoke the same reaction. ridicule seems to be the MO and has been for a long time. Yet know one seems to ridicule the likes of Major Q who said Portage county was simply Venus.

If we are to ridicule the ridiculous claims in UFOlogy then we must do the same for some of the ludicrous debunking that has happened.

I could not agree more.

What do you think about this type of "evidence"?

Edited by DBunker

I could not agree more.

What do you think about this type of "evidence"?

I think its nothing to do with UFOlogy let alone evidence of anything.

I do however think there is more chance of this being a spaceman than Portage being a Venus.

• Like 2

I don't know what this image actually is.

I have no idea.

solway-firth-spaceman.jpg

What I do know is that the image analysis that claims there is a guy walking behind this girl is totally unconvincing.

The guy would have to be 12 feet tall for a start. The proportions are all wrong.

The guy was never seen in the photo.

Why would a guy be doing dressed like that anyway?

Totally unconvincing.

I don't know if it is a spaceman, alien, or just some weird processing anomaly.

I've seen enough debunkers using photoshop quackery now to draw the conclusion that they are scammers just as bad if not worse than the UFO fakers themselves.

I call BS.

Edited by zoser

You seriously cant see a guy in a white hooded jacket walking away (running?) behind the little girl?

Then I guess those two small things to the right are Ramulan warbirds?!

Edited by DBunker

You seriously cant see a guy in a white hooded jacket walking away (running?) behind the little girl?

No I can't. I can see a giant walking on some stilts, wearing some kind of helmet, with his chest the wrong way around.

It's not convincing in the slightest. It is slightly out of focus indicating distance. Therefore the guy is either a giant or is floating.

I don't know what it is but I'm totally unconvinced that it's an ordinary guy.

No I can't. I can see a giant walking on some stilts, wearing some kind of helmet, with his chest the wrong way around.

It's not convincing in the slightest. It is slightly out of focus indicating distance. Therefore the guy is either a giant or is floating.

I don't know what it is but I'm totally unconvinced that it's an ordinary guy.

I think you have been out in the Sun to long.

• Like 1

Oh FGS will this never die? Its got to be the least interesting aspect of anything to do with ufology, regurgitated by the likes of zoser who doesnt have the mental fortitude to understand what he is seeing, so the 'spaceman' is 12 foot tall eh? Wonder what shoddy site zoser read that on? Do watch all this very short video

quote:

It has since been suggested that the spaceman is actually Templeton's wife, Annie, who was present at the time and seen on other photographs taken that day. Since the Zeiss Contax Pentacon F SLR camera he used only displayed 70% of the actual photograph in the viewfinder, it would be possible for him to take the image without noticing his wife in the periphery of the shot.

Annie was wearing a pale blue dress on the day in question, which was overexposed as white in the other photos taken that day. She also had dark, bobbed hair. Using photo software to darken the image and straighten the horizon, the spaceman increasingly appears to be the figure of a normal person viewed from behind

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solway_Firth_Spaceman

Typical zoser again thrashing out another moronic story, believing that spacemen in earth like space suits are roaming the moors and marshes of a deserted part of the UK, whose elbows bend backwards while its looking forwards.

• Like 2

I think you have been out in the Sun to long.

Let me spell it out for you.

Spaceman_zps2fde5dc4.png

The proportions are all wrong in relation to ground level and distance away from the girl.

Just another photoshop scam I'm afraid.

The analysis does not explain the weird clothing either.

Fraud.

when I took a picture of this fountain in Trafalgar Square in London, I had NO IDEA, ABSOLUTELY NONE... that there was a little girl in a red coat holding hands with her mum in the far right . HONEST. And I SWEAR on my left testicle I didnt see a red flag on the roof that day either.. :tu:

How did they get there? I was just innocently using the natural mental process of selective attention to frame my shot I guess

800px-Trafalgar_Square%2C_London_2_-_Jun_2009.jpg

Oh FGS will this never die? Its got to be the least interesting aspect of anything to do with ufology, regurgitated by the likes of zoser who doesnt have the mental fortitude to understand what he is seeing, so the 'spaceman' is 12 foot tall eh? Wonder what shoddy site zoser read that on? Do watch all this very short video

quote:

It has since been suggested that the spaceman is actually Templeton's wife, Annie, who was present at the time and seen on other photographs taken that day. Since the Zeiss Contax Pentacon F SLR camera he used only displayed 70% of the actual photograph in the viewfinder, it would be possible for him to take the image without noticing his wife in the periphery of the shot.

Annie was wearing a pale blue dress on the day in question, which was overexposed as white in the other photos taken that day. She also had dark, bobbed hair. Using photo software to darken the image and straighten the horizon, the spaceman increasingly appears to be the figure of a normal person viewed from behind

http://en.wikipedia...._Firth_Spaceman

Typical zoser again thrashing out another moronic story, believing that spacemen in earth like space suits are roaming the moors and marshes of a deserted part of the UK, whose elbows bend backwards while its looking forwards.

Same thing. All out of proportion. It's just another scam.

Better to admit that we just don't know what this is.

It's either a guy floating or a guy on stilts.

And as for "It has been suggested................"

Really.

Well it's also been suggested that it's a spaceman so get over it.

when I took a picture of this fountain in Trafalgar Square in London, I had NO IDEA, ABSOLUTELY NONE... that there was a little girl in a red coat holding hands with her mum in the far right . HONEST. And I SWEAR on my left testicle I didnt see a red flag on the roof that day either.. :tu:

How did they get there? I was just innocently using the natural mental process of selective attention to frame my shot I guess

Not surprised. The objects you referred to are tiny. :lol:

to be fair I hardly think that is comparitive in context.

has anyone seen the other photo that looks identical but there are slight differences on the face of the girl?

So why would he lie about it? Because he, like everybody else, was desperate for publicity and perpetrates hoaxes just to get in the papers? And would there be loads of people just wandering about in the background in the middle of nowhere? "He lied!" is such a tiresome all-purpose kneejerk explanation for everything, it really does save people having to make any effort to actually think about anything.

Did i say "he lied?" Did i say "he staged it?" Nopey-no.

But for me, that's an example of something "unexplained" that got way out of proportion. I can totally picture this Templeton guy getting back his photos from developing, and then spotting that "thing" behind his daughter. Let's assume he showed it around friends and family, joking about it resembling an astronaut or something, then the first local newspaper gets wind of it, publishes the picture and cooks up an out-of-this-world story to go with it. And from then on , the "cumberland spaceman" has a life of his own.

I didn't claim Jim Templeton to be a hoaxer. I'm sure he was baffled when he saw this photo. He even reported it (as far as i know) to the police, and they shrugged it off. But the local newspapers didn't. And that's when the hullaballoo started.

Do you REALLY think that he snapped the picture of a space alien back then?

I remember reading that the camera he used only displayed 60% or 70 % of the actual motive in the viewfinder, so it ist TOTALLY possible that his claims of not seeing the figure behind his daughter are true.

But was he photobombed by an alien? I don't think so.....

Yep

Another debunking attempt proved as a photoshop scam.

This is exactly the kind of logic and reason that makes you the forum clown. :tsu:

Edited by DBunker
  • Like 1

This is exactly the kind of logic and reason that makes you the forum clown. :tsu:

The guys floating and it's an obvious scam.

It's so easy to debunk it's laughable.

Spaceman_zps2fde5dc4.png

Yep

Another debunking attempt proved as a photoshop scam.

Zoser, you were the one wielding (the much overquoted) Occam's razor around like an axe recently. So, tell me please: is a giant space alien zipping in and out on a series of family photographs really MORE likely than Templeton missing out a person (maybe even his own wife) walking past behind his daughter when he took that pic??

• Like 1

Zoser, you were the one wielding (the much overquoted) Occam's razor around like an axe recently. So, tell me please: is a giant space alien zipping in and out on a series of family photographs really MORE likely than Templeton missing out a person (maybe even his own wife) walking past behind his daughter when he took that pic??

The term spaceman was coined only because there is a resemblance in the headgear and suit.

I don't know what it is. No I don't believe it was his wife wearing weird gear.

The distances, heights, scale, don't work.

zghost2NNP_468x308.jpg

I can't explain this one either in easy terms.

Something weird happens in pictures occasionally that we just don't understand.

Same effect?

Edited by zoser

The term spaceman was coined only because there is a resemblance in the headgear and suit.

I don't know what it is. No I don't believe it was his wife wearing weird gear.

The distances, heights, scale, don't work.

So what ARE you saying?? Its an UFP??*

*Unidentified Floating Person.

Edited by DBunker