Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Former Cop as President of the United States

stevemagegod

President  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for someone you knew before he became a major figure running for President, regardless of his Political views?

• Yes
    • No

This is a strange thought that came into my head but how would you guys feel if a former Police Officer became President of the United States?

Also if you guys knew someone who was a major candidate before he became famous running for the Job as President would you vote him because you knew him regardless of there views on Politics?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Commander Travis

• acidhead

• questionmark

• stevemagegod

Top Posters In This Topic

And therein I want to understand under political views not whether the bloke is REP, DEM or LIB but what kind of goals he sets and whether I see then achievable.

It would seem a very good idea to choose who to vote for based on their qualification for the job, rather than whether they have a (D) or and ® or a after their name. Would a Police officer be better qualified for the job than any recent candidate? Well, I suppose it might depend on how senior they were, but a senior Officer or Police Chief might well have some useful experience.

This is a strange thought that came into my head but how would you guys feel if a former Police Officer became President of the United States?

Also if you guys knew someone who was a major candidate before he became famous running for the Job as President would you vote him because you knew him regardless of there views on Politics?

It doesn't matter what job the individual does for a profession. We often define ourselves by the job we perform on a daily basis. Is a former police officer more desirable then, say, a former janitor? I suppose. .. but are they really? Is there truly a difference between the two individuals the very moment they lay down their badge and broom for the day? Is an individuals private life less important than their profession life?

No

I think anybody who runs for office in an effort to try and convince me to live my life the way they live theirs is a psycho. The only exception is the individual who is using this plateform to convince me GOV is the problem.... that his job is less important than mine in the world.