Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Macroramphosis

Intriguing aerial views of Peru - odd shape

6 posts in this topic

"Flying" over Peru the other night I caught a glimpse of this peculiar outline on the ground. I'm sure it's not a treasure castle or the ruins of El Dorado, but I was wondering whether anyone could explain the significance of the outline ? It seems a little too proportioned to be a corral for animals, or a farmyard of some sort. Is there a Peruvian expert out there who can give me a reason for the shape ?

I suspect the whole area is an old village, but the main shape has me intrigued... there are no metal roads within miles but there is a dirt track some way down the hillside about half a mile away. I'm sure the locals know what it is.........

adnIt4FZ.jpg

It kind of reminds me of a Supe culture amphitheater style temple complex... do you have the coordinates?

9˚22'13.18"S

78˚10'23.90"W

Is it big enough for something like that ?

"Flying" over Peru the other night I caught a glimpse of this peculiar outline on the ground. I'm sure it's not a treasure castle or the ruins of El Dorado, but I was wondering whether anyone could explain the significance of the outline ? It seems a little too proportioned to be a corral for animals, or a farmyard of some sort. Is there a Peruvian expert out there who can give me a reason for the shape ?

I suspect the whole area is an old village, but the main shape has me intrigued... there are no metal roads within miles but there is a dirt track some way down the hillside about half a mile away. I'm sure the locals know what it is.........

To me it looks like a plantation mansion with a onion shaped garden and walkway in the front.

1 person likes this

Is it the right area for a "plantation" ? And are you calling the quadrangle the walkway ?

Diechecker said it right.

It is indeed some structure at the base of the slope of a mountain, near fertile farmed land.

planation2_zps99f108dc.jpg

planation1_zpsaf6d38b2.jpg

Edited by The_Spartan
2 people like this