Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Couple awake to find Horse on Roof.

jesspy

Pat and Stephen Downey, who raise racing horses in New Brunswick, Canada, woke to the sight of a colt standing on the roof of their garage.

Stephen's brother, Archie, had spotted the horse chilling on the roof and taken a photo before hauling it down. It wasn't a hoax. Stephen told CTV News he suspected the horse was bored, because he isn't usually left alone.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/home/couple-finds-horse-standing-on-roof/story-fngwib2y-1226723204080

204053-d718a372-20f9-11e3-b692-e50a676e7815.jpg

• Like 4

It would have been better if it wasn't their horse.

It would have been way better if it was a unicorn!

• Like 4

Since horses don't climb I have to wonder how he got there. OR got down safe. But I must admit, Jesspy, I agree that it would have been WAY cool if it had been a unicorn.

So did he jump up or go up the stairs?

• Like 1

Could have flown, perhaps, of course.

:unsure2:

• Like 1

I can see a horse jumping up there and then becoming afraid of the edge. I get the feeling some here have little experience with horses.

He climbed up the stairs on the left, probably. Beautiful animal.

Jesspy, if you ever hear of a unicorn for sale please let me know, my daughter and I want one.

lol

So did he jump up or go up the stairs?

I suspect the colt simply went up the stairs. Young horses can be very curious...he probably got up there and then didn't know how to get back down. The photo would make a nice Christmas card....caption something like, "Nope, it's not eight tiny reindeer!".

I'm going to cry "fake" on this one, sorry. Yes, the horse could have gone up the stairs but I really can't see it being able to clamber over those balcony railings and on to what appears to be a corrugated iron sloping roof! And if I had a horse that could jump that high, I'd be ringing the Guinness Book of Records straight away!

• Like 3

Actually, how it got up there is explianed in the vid, just so everyone here knows.

If you view the entire vid, you see that one side of the garage(the side you can't see from the still pic) is actually against a hill

The horse got up the hill, but still had to jump 3 feet to get on the roof.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

Since horses don't climb.....

Says who? He could have easily hopped up on that garbage tote and climbed that trellis.....

Or up the stairs, through the door and out the window....

Horses horses horses....its always horses!

He might have been scared up there by a mouse! :yes:

Actually, the first sentence of the article should have read: Having "raised" horses themselves, (no pun intended), Stephen and Pat Downey........! :yes:

Edited by Technocrat

Stairs seem more likely. Unless UFO'S transported him/her there?

Read post #16

It's better to find a horse on your roof than a horse-head in your bed when you wake up in the morning.

• Like 4

It's better to find a horse on your roof than a horse-head in your bed when you wake up in the morning.

Well I would think so. I have a feeling this is a reference to something in the culture or some expression that I don't know about. If so I would like to learn.

Well I would think so. I have a feeling this is a reference to something in the culture or some expression that I don't know about. If so I would like to learn.

It's a reference to the movie "The Godfather". Don Corleone makes a "request" of a wealthy movie producer...the man does not do as requested. The next morning the man wakes up to the severed head of his prize race horse in bed with him (very bloody scene). Basically, one does not refuse Don Corleone.

• Like 2