Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What we should get from Bigfoot photographers

Rafterman

Guy driving through Yellowstone National Park comes across a grizzly bear chasing a bison down on the highway. Guy is driving, hears noise, gets camera, and proceeds to record several crystal clear photographs of one of the most amazing animal encounters I've ever seen.

So why can't we ever see a series of Bigfoot photos like this. Seems to me that the guy was able to produce these photos in pretty much the same conditions as most Bigfoot encounters.

http://www.krtv.com/news/grizzly-versus-bison-the-rest-of-the-story/#_

Caution: Photos are a bit on the "realistic" side.

• Like 2

That is one messed up bison.

Bigfoot usually is not running down a road in the daytime however. :innocent:

• Like 1

This is where I wish I could be like old Matt Moneymaker and just cut loose with something like, "....It's a well documented fact that Bigfoots don't hunt in this manner...."

I suppose there's something wrong with me......that and I don't have a TV show.

• Like 2

This is where I wish I could be like old Matt Moneymaker and just cut loose with something like, "....It's a well documented fact that Bigfoots don't hunt in this manner...."

I suppose there's something wrong with me......that and I don't have a TV show.

Well he does talk about them chasing down deer and breaking their legs. Supposedly deer are one of their favorite foods to eat.

Is it inconceivable that a Bigfoot would be chasing down a deer and accidentally end up on a road?

That is one messed up bison.

Bigfoot usually is not running down a road in the daytime however. :innocent:

Regardless, I'd just be happy to see a series of photos like this - road or not.

• Like 3

Holy Crap that bison is ruined, odds say that the bear catches it

Regarding blurry and shaky photos of Bigfoot - note that the Grizzly is running at full speed in some of those shots and the photos are CRYSTAL CLEAR.

• Like 3

Not only did he clearly photograph both animals, he could have clearly shot and killed both animals and the 2000 some pounds of creatures would have also been removed from the road by someone.

"It was a bison, badly burned from an encounter with one of the numerous hot spots in Yellowstone National Park." I did not know about this happening in the park.

Maybe there is some sort of weird correlation between those that believe in cryptids and the ability to use a image capturing device? Of course it could be some sort of weird "cryptids are from another camera distorting dimension".

As video capturing equipment has improved and become more available there has NOT (that I have seen any evidence of) been an increase in image/video evidence to support any cryptids/UFO's..etc.

Not only did he clearly photograph both animals, he could have clearly shot and killed both animals and the 2000 some pounds of creatures would have also been removed from the road by someone.

"It was a bison, badly burned from an encounter with one of the numerous hot spots in Yellowstone National Park." I did not know about this happening in the park.

That's getting off fairly light for Yellowstone. Every so often a group of bison or elk in the park will be found dead for no apparent reason, with no external injuries or anything. The culprit is volcanic gas vents in the area releasing clouds of suffocating methane or carbon monoxide/dioxide. Same basic thing killed nearly 2000 people in Cameroon in 1986. Magma pocket beneath a lake leaks CO2 into the cold, deep water where it saturates but doesn't release. Landslide or tectonic event stirs up the water, and suddenly several hundred thousand tons of dissolved CO2 bubble out into the atmosphere and settle in low-lying areas.

• Like 2

Hmmmmm?

I think it reasonable that Bigfoots would hunt and eat deer, however doesn't that sort of imply that Bigfoots would be tool makers? Rudimentary tools, of course, but tools no less. We know for a fact that apes now use tools, rocks for crushing, sticks for gathering ants, things like that.......so why haven't we seen a Bigfoot carrying around a spear? They supposedly throw rocks and use sticks to do wood knocking?

• Like 2

The photographer was also a person that did such as his main hobby, so he probably had a decent camera. He did not take these on a cell phone.

• Like 1

Hmmmmm?

I think it reasonable that Bigfoots would hunt and eat deer, however doesn't that sort of imply that Bigfoots would be tool makers? Rudimentary tools, of course, but tools no less. We know for a fact that apes now use tools, rocks for crushing, sticks for gathering ants, things like that.......so why haven't we seen a Bigfoot carrying around a spear? They supposedly throw rocks and use sticks to do wood knocking?

I think it is not beyond thinking that Bigfoot uses human tools. Think about it.... How many axes, shovels and other tools disappear from rural locations each year? We lost a lot of tools when I was a kid in BFE southern Oregon, but I just assumed it was my brothers.

What stops a bigfoot from using a human axe,or a iron bar, or even a metal fence post (as a tool) for that matter? Strange bits and pieces of metal and stuff are found all the time in the woods, even the deep woods, and no one thinks thing one about it.

That is NOT a bison with mange, That is a chu bra cobra!

It might pass as a Zombie-Bison. New cryptid invented right here and now. BooYaa!!!

• Like 3

That's getting off fairly light for Yellowstone. Every so often a group of bison or elk in the park will be found dead for no apparent reason, with no external injuries or anything. The culprit is volcanic gas vents in the area releasing clouds of suffocating methane or carbon monoxide/dioxide. Same basic thing killed nearly 2000 people in Cameroon in 1986. Magma pocket beneath a lake leaks CO2 into the cold, deep water where it saturates but doesn't release. Landslide or tectonic event stirs up the water, and suddenly several hundred thousand tons of dissolved CO2 bubble out into the atmosphere and settle in low-lying areas.

Interesting!

I did a quick search to find something about the burns on the bison, haven't yet though.

Hmmmmm?

I have always felt this would be true, although I can't back up why. I don't even know exactly what this alleged creature is. But my assumption would be that it would exhibit more than what has been allegedly witnessed and that we would have found something physical- whether dwellings or tools. But as some assume, we probably have, but it was passed off as from humans. I don't buy it though. And it is another reason that weakens bf's existence for me. Not just the lack of a body, but the lack of more than just stick nests or caves with leaves as their alleged dwellings. But, just another personal assumption of a so far mythical beast.

• Like 1

The photographer was also a person that did such as his main hobby, so he probably had a decent camera. He did not take these on a cell phone.

Hopefully this creature will run into one someday! They speak of them going off the beaten path for that "geat shot".

http://www.targetmarketingmag.com/article/market-focus-amateur-photographers-958-words-28673/1

Hmmmmm?

Good point. Not to mention, if Bigfoot is so intelligent as some claim, surely he/she has seen humans using such items and would at least mimic that behavior.

That's a valid point, but I would hazard a guess that pretty much everyone in a place like Yellowstone would be carrying a camera. And even point and click digital cameras are still pretty good quality. There's even a phone being advertised now that is 40 megapixel.

I think it is not beyond thinking that Bigfoot uses human tools. Think about it.... How many axes, shovels and other tools disappear from rural locations each year? We lost a lot of tools when I was a kid in BFE southern Oregon, but I just assumed it was my brothers.

What stops a bigfoot from using a human axe,or a iron bar, or even a metal fence post (as a tool) for that matter? Strange bits and pieces of metal and stuff are found all the time in the woods, even the deep woods, and no one thinks thing one about it.

Could be I suppose, I never really considered that as a possibility before.

• Like 1

iPhones and other camera phones are not well suited for long distance photography. Most have a fixed lens (no optical zoom at all) with a very short focal length (~5mm is common I think), which means they can do well with subjects that are close, but not so well with those that are further away. Once the photo has been taken, many people attempt to enlarge or digitally zoom it to make the subject larger, which reduces the quality of the subject as it is really just enlarging the pixels. Digital zoom will always be of lower quality than an optical zoom.

The article also said he heard the approach first and had time to get his camera ready, and that the whole event was over just as quickly as it happened. Would he have even been able to take these photos if he had no prior warning to get his camera ready?

• Like 1

Awesome photos!!

And now, the eternal question from Rafterman: "So why can't we ever see a series of Bigfoot photos like this."

why,, why,, why?

I have always felt this would be true, although I can't back up why. I don't even know exactly what this alleged creature is. But my assumption would be that it would exhibit more than what has been allegedly witnessed and that we would have found something physical- whether dwellings or tools. But as some assume, we probably have, but it was passed off as from humans. I don't buy it though. And it is another reason that weakens bf's existence for me. Not just the lack of a body, but the lack of more than just stick nests or caves with leaves as their alleged dwellings. But, just another personal assumption of a so far mythical beast.

I get where you're coming from QC, and sadly I'm forced to agree. However, consider what a tool is. It can be anything really. A stick, a rock, a small twig, even a stiff blade of grass. Since no one has ever reported seeing a Bigfoot chopping down a tree or splitting firewood, the level of tool usage is something different. Also consider that if they make use of what they find within their own environment then they might make use of odd things in ways we'd never think of. An example would be a cinder block, they might make use of it to set a trap and make a deer step into it and break a leg resulting in catching a wounded deer which would be a hundred times easier than having to chase down a real one. That's not my own idea, I got that from another poster here.

Also consider that, we (humans) apply what we know of other animals to hunting, but what if Bigfoots don't think like we do? What if they do things that seem crazy to us or at least so odd that we can't get our heads around it but to them and their thinking or "culture" it makes complete sense, and it's effective. Mind you if you're doing the same thing over and over again and it's not working you will abandon it for something else that works better.

Rafterman pointed out that Bigfoots might steal tools from humans. I can't say that I have ever had something of mine stolen by a Bigfoot, however I have "Lost" things in the woods from time to time. That is only proof that I'm a bit careless at times, but what if a stealthy critter slipped into my camp quietly and took my small ax? Or my medium size skinning knife? I can't rule out the possibility that a Bigfoot saw me skinning out a rabbit and said to himself, "Oooh, we wants it Precious."

Humans learned that if they took sharp rocks, they could butcher up an animal carcass in short order and get away with the choice bits before they had to fight other predictors for the kill. Mind you, these were just sharp rocks. I can tell you and Abyssinian, which is a natural glass can make a very fine cutting tool. Then if you find it on the ground it just looks like a flake of rock, it doesn't have a manufacturer's trade mark on it. It looks like part of it's environment.

Just saying, it's a possibility.

I would edit to point out that I have benefited from the exchanges between other posters here in ways I can't begin to truly express. I have seen things that I never gave a second thought to over the years which I now think might well have been significant signs of Bigfoot activity. Only my background is in hunting normal prey animals and humans, as a result of my own ignorance and failure to see past my own life experience I may have missed out of many an opportunity to observe a Bigfoot. We live and learn my dear.

Edited by keninsc

I'm thinking I might want to start another thread so I don't wind up hijacking this thread.