Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Team aims to launch mission to Europa

UM-Bot

A new crowd-researched space project is looking to launch an ambitious manned mission to Europa.

Consisting of what many scientists believe to be a vast liquid water ocean surrounded by an icy shell, Jupiter\'s icy moon Europa is considered to be the single most promising place in our solar system to look for signs of alien life. The problem is however that so far nobody has attempted to send a probe there to find out, but a talented group of space enthusiasts is aiming to change all that.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/255019/team-aims-to-launch-mission-to-europa

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pallidin

• skookum

• ash68

• bruce fiction

I'm no astrophysicist or whatever, but wouldn't first a probe make much more sense than a human suicide mission?

• Like 1

I say go for it who knows what NASA may find

They say it is manageable with today's technology. But how would a human crew survive the massive amount of radiation Jupiter sends out and floods it's moons? Surely they would be dead long before arriving?

I say hurry up,I want to see this succeed in my lifetime! Give me a shout if you need any help

...let's successfully complete the MarsOne project before we get carried away here...

Outlandish, yes. But, what an interesting method, to allow many people to become investors in future science while vicariously adventuring to an alien landscape. Could be that imaginative scientific endeavors that pique interests at a global level can begin to build upon our common interests rather than obsessing on our differences. About that colony on Mars ...

Edited by highdesert50