Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

why do non-believers always

danielost

Call anything that god does as being a magic trick. Like for instance, the urm and thumum which j. Smith used to translate the gold plates. Just a pair of magic glasses. Why couldn't a more advanced untellegence have more adavanced technoligy.

Google has made a pair of these magic glasses or at least the tech. to buils a pair. Right now their working on contacts to do the same job. But, the non-believers would have us believing that god can't be any more advanced than we are.

• Like 1

Dude....I am not going to bust out on the Mormons....I disagree with them...I think they were misled....but that is "my opinion"....Joseph Smith and the magic (rock actually) "thingy" that no one else could see or the tablets that no one else could see....sounds like treachery and deceit to me....

I have no idea...maybe there is a magic rock and gold tablets and a weird planet out there where God lives...I'm not convinced but....hey....to each their own...and that is the point.

Faith and belief are just that. There is no "proof" of any of it...you decide and go from there and yes, sometimes people will question you about it if you wear it on your chest or sleeve...don't want to be questioned?...don't try to force it on others...

• Like 7

Smith wore them like a pair of glasses. So do you question how moses got theten commandments and why do either way.

Most christians think prophets stopped coming after the twelve died. But why would god leave us in the dark. Christ did say others would come to help lead us.

Smith wore them like a pair of glasses. So do you question how moses got theten commandments and why do either way.

Most christians think prophets stopped coming after the twelve died. But why would god leave us in the dark. Christ did say others would come to help lead us.

There is no Archeological evidence that Moses existed,or even that the Isrealites were slaves of Egypt.

Once one puts faith, and the ultimate scapegoat for thinking Satan to the side to do the actual research,they will find things not like they are told in their scripture.

There is a metaphorical wall of Apologetics out there that acts like a fence to keep the sheep in on a mental level.

Instead of asking silly questions to nonbelievers,why not see what nonbelievers inform them selves with?

Here is a start.......Take it,or leave it.

• Like 3

Are you sure it wasn't a Yeti on holiday?

• Like 1

Call anything that god does as being a magic trick.

Is this a trick question?

Non believers mean exactly that, non believers, so as far as non believers are concerned, there is NO god to perform the magic tricks in the first place.

• Like 4

Well, I am assuming you must have some kind of Mormon based idealism....that is fine for you.

My point is....in a faith based idea, your 'faith" is no better or more worthy than anyone else...it is "faith"...it is "hope"....and until you can slice it and put it under a microscope....opinions are like butth0les....everyone has one and they all stink...

I know a few mormons...I think they are odd. Does that make them bad or me bad?

I think it makes them 'odd"....but that is my "opinion"....

• Like 2

Are you sure it wasn't a Yeti on holiday?

Not this time of year. Beside Yeti's are kind of a pink color and the Florida habit for them is on the beach. They line the beaches in winter looking like pink beached whales.

• Like 1

There is no Archeological evidence that Moses existed,or even that the Isrealites were slaves of Egypt.

Once one puts faith, and the ultimate scapegoat for thinking Satan to the side to do the actual research,they will find things not like they are told in their scripture.

There is a metaphorical wall of Apologetics out there that acts like a fence to keep the sheep in on a mental level.

Instead of asking silly questions to nonbelievers,why not see what nonbelievers inform them selves with?

Here is a start.......Take it,or leave it.

Historically moses did exist. We have already descussed slavery in another thread. It has taken on many different forms. The egyptions didn't call them isrealites, because at the time they were not isrealites. They became isrealites during the exodus, when moses devided them into twelve even tribes plus the preists.

The slavery your talking about is what took place in the usa. But, the type of slave that the bible gives rules for, would become known as endentured servents in the north. They were treated as badly or worse as the slaves in the south.

Historically, the group that became the isrealites. Were the guards for the egyption border with sinia. This is why the egyptions feared that they might decide to help the enemy instead of egypt.

When your building something like a pyramid the whole nation gets involved in it. The isrealites had to contribute so many mud bricks for construction, as did many other groups. The slavery came in after phario killed all the first born males.

Not this time of year. Beside Yeti's are kind of a pink color and the Florida habit for them is on the beach. They line the beaches in winter looking like pink beached whales.

Yetis and bigfoots are the same creature. They just change their fur color like . Snowshoe rabbit does.

• Like 3

Is this a trick question?

Non believers mean exactly that, non believers, so as far as non believers are concerned, there is NO god to perform the magic tricks in the first place.

And, yet their they ones calling everything god did and does a magic trick.

And, yet their they ones calling everything god did and does a magic trick.

Where are you getting this from? If someone does not believe in something, then they can not say he "did".

• Like 4

Umm.. huh? I am agnostic/atheist.. and I do not say 'god does trickery', because that would say that *I* believe in a god.

I do say HUMANS do trickery.. that is a proven fact. Humans will claim to be prophets of god and begin religions and or cults, however you wish to call them.

For me to say mormonism must be true, then I would have to say that scientology could also be true.. or any other religion.

I do NOT believe god does things by trickery because I do not believe in god, I do believe humans are egotistical enough to want to start a religion in order to gain something, that something they gain is up to them. Each wants something.

And once the ball gets rolling down hill, it may get away from the person/s who start the ball running, and it is to late for them to stop it, and then suddenly they may find themselves under the rolling ball..

Humans are strange people

• Like 4

Yetis and bigfoots are the same creature. They just change their fur color like . Snowshoe rabbit does.

I love this. :clap:

PS

Daniel. As has been pointed out, atheists don't believe in God. No, really. They don't. They don't reject God. They're not angry with God. They're not satanists.

They simply don't believe.

Edited by Arbenol68
  • Like 3

To be blunt, the essence of wisdom is to not believe at all, and to keep your opinions open subject to evidence but not claims.

• Like 2

PS

Daniel. As has been pointed out, atheists don't believe in God. No, really. They don't. They don't reject God. They're not angry with God. They're not satanists.

why is it that religious/spiritual people have problems with this? I know at work once, someone asked me my religious beliefs and I said 'atheist', and he was like 'oooh so you are into satan" and i was like.. umm... satan is a christian deity.. I am atheist..

he then was like 'witchcraft?' and I just sighed and said

I do not believe in ANY god like deity..

He shook his head and said he did not understand how such a non belief could exist and that I must believe in SOME kind of being out there!

I have problems understanding HOW one can believe in a deity.. and I was raised in a religious household.. so I reckon I should understand how a person who is a believer has problems understanding that someone does NOT believe in any spiritual being/deity.

But alas, I honestly have problems understanding how someone can believe in such things, or maybe it is not that I hve problems understanding that they believe in a deity.. but tht they believe in BIBLES and other holy books..

• Like 3

I think I can see how someone could find non-belief in God incomprehensible if they've been taught all their life that God is the foundation of all existence. That we exist is an overwhelming puzzle.

My answer if that I don't know, but do know that the God hypothesis doesn't really solve the puzzle and has a lot of its own problems.

• Like 1

I think I can see how someone could find non-belief in God incomprehensible if they've been taught all their life that God is the foundation of all existence. That we exist is an overwhelming puzzle.

My answer if that I don't know, but do know that the God hypothesis doesn't really solve the puzzle and has a lot of its own problems.

I think believing in a god works ONLY if you deny yourself the ability to ask specific questions and demand blunt answers.

and by specifics I mean..

pple say 'how can pple believe the big bang came from nothing?', well that is no different then religious pple saying 'god came from nothing, but was always there'... you cannot ask one without considering the other question. Yet religious pple blanket answers it by 'god is mysterious' or 'god just is'

But.. in that way I reckon we say 'god goes for trickery, as in trickery of making people shut off their minds to 'just believing god can and is everytihng with no beginning'.. but I dont believe in a god, so god doesnt trick.. we do.. humans.. the human mind in order to move forward and make ourselves believe in hope of the ever after..

thankfully, though I may not like the idea of just dying and knowing nothing, I do not find it so horrifying tht I feel compelled to believe in some book having all the answers and in a deity.

• Like 2

I would like to see links, passages from other sites, what have you, that shows Atheists say God does magic tricks. If Non-believers do not believe in God and such, then they believe in facts. I think magic is not part of that. Although, I have come across Atheists telling believers to stop believing in magic, when they put down people's beliefs in God. I think maybe that is what is being read.

• Like 1

Magical thinking seems to be the default setting for most humans. Maybe that's why some have such a hard time understanding that atheists don't share that.

• Like 3

I would like to see links, passages from other sites, what have you, that shows Atheists say God does magic tricks. If Non-believers do not believe in God and such, then they believe in facts. I think magic is not part of that. Although, I have come across Atheists telling believers to stop believing in magic, when they put down people's beliefs in God. I think maybe that is what is being read.

Well you confirm to me the nature and depth of indoctrination and its utter unreasonableness and total dependence on emotional thinking. I would be afraid indeed to be on trial by a group of people who think like you.

PS

I don't get it either. I say I'm an atheist and people assume something happened to me or I'm angry at their god for some imagined slight against me. Just not enough evidence. Same reason I don't believe in fairies, elves and danish people.

• Like 4