Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nasa offers £11,000 to stay in bed

Still Waters

The US space agency has its share of unusual jobs, but its latest appeal for participants for a new scientific study is perhaps even more bizarre because the successful applicants will not be required to do anything at all.

For 70 days volunteers will be allowed to read, watch television, take a study course or even carry on with their normal job, and will be paid handsomely for the trouble.

There is, however, one small catch: they won't be allowed to leave their bed – at all – for the entire duration of the ten-week study.

http://www.telegraph...tay-in-bed.html

Just give me some cream for the bed sores, packing now, hold on NASA I am on my way.

ps: can we still post on here and do a blog on what we are doing...in bed?

• Like 1

First question that springs to my mind is simply - why? :blink:

Because if they do not look as if they are keeping themselves busy, they will lose their fundings.

So, um not to be too personal but if you can't leave the bed - well, do they supply and refresh some kitty litter for you each day?

They are testing the effect of long term space travel, where you'd presumably be laying down the whole time, not like Star Trek, moving around at will.

You can do anything you want, except get out of the bed. And I'm sure they provide a way for you to "use the toilet".