Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Poltergeist runs riot at hair salon

Still Waters

A poltergeist is giving customers at a Birmingham salon a hair-raising experience by spooking them as they get their locks cut.

Both staff and customers at Nokes’z Hair in Church Road, Northfield, have been subject to the weird goings-on over the last four years.

http://www.birmingha...r-salon-6065679

Very unconvincing pictures. If this has been happening for 4 years, then why have they not set up a video camera?

In picture 3 it clearly shows the lighting in the salon creates many shadows, I think the ladies have spooked themselves out over the years, what with the shadows, gossip and dodgy photos, oh and this:

They have reported seeing a ghostly face staring at them in the darkness

http://www.birmingha...r-salon-6065679

turn the lights on girls and stop trying to freak each other out.

• Like 4

Nick Duffy, from West Midlands Ghost Club, is now set to carry out an investigation at the hair salon.

He added: “This is a fascinating case as there have been so many incidents witnessed by lots of different people. It sounds like the behaviour of a mischievous spirit or poltergeist.”

Nah not really.

Smells like a PR stunt to me.

Also the comment in the comment section beneath the article cracked me up.

"Anyone with a genuine paranormal related story to tell please contact The West Midlands Ghost Club at westmidlandsghostclub.com

Email : wmghostclub@yahoo.co.uk

No time wasters please, thank you"

:D

• Like 2

Nah not really.

"Anyone with a genuine paranormal related story to tell please contact The West Midlands Ghost Club at westmidlandsghostclub.com

h

Nah not really.

Haha . That basically says it all.

bth_pinocchio_nose_animated_gif.gif

• Like 1

I think its a publicity stunt too. A strange mist forming in the back of the salon, spotted by a customer; Well, its a hairdressers, Could have been steam coming from hair straightners, Hot water tap left running in the sink or any number of things, Think of all the chemicals hairdressers use, Could have been a chemical reaction. The salon I go to is in an old tudor building (which I love) and surprise surprise, They claim thats haunted too.

Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing

I think it's advertising too.. But gee, I kind of expected more activity out of a poltergeist that's running riot. This is more like a maybe ghost does stuff sometimes. Guess that's not quite as much of a headline though...

I have a ghost that just does stuff sometimes. Just yesterday, after a couple years of practically no incidences, it made itself known in big fashion. I have two decorative picture boxes hanging on one wall. They have been there for almost two years hanging on those little brass picture hooks you pound into the wall with a tiny nail. Well, just after three in the afternoon yesterday I'm sitting on the couch and the picture on the left just comes crashing down onto the coffee table below it. It gouged my table and broke one of my ceramic statutes that was on the table. I watched the whole thing. So I get up to check wtf happened and the two brass wall hooks that the loop hooks on the back of the picture hang on were, still are, bent downward. I removed the still hanging picture to check the hooks and they're in great shape, arched up and in the shape of a 'J' as they should be. The hooks that held the fallen picture are shaped more like an 'L' now pointing slightly more downward than the bottom of an 'L'.

I decided to test the strength of these hooks (each rated for 10 pounds while the picture box maybe weighs 5) and grabbed the picture still hanging and exerted downward force. Not enough to actually pull it down or enough to bend the hooks but enough to assure that the weight of the picture box wouldn't stand a chance to wear down the integrity of these hooks and even of it did it wouldn't just come crashing down all of the sudden like that. There was no wind, no horse play or any surround sound. All was calm as it usually is when these things happen. By 'these things' I mean the unexplainable things that happen from time to time here and counting this incident this is the fourth physical thing that has happened in the little over five years I have lived here. I'm not talking hearing things or fleeting glimpses of shadowy figures. I'm talking undeniable physical events both felt and seen. I have been by my self for all but one of these occurrences.

There is never any rhyme, reason or order to anything that ever happens. No arguing, fighting, high emotions, significant times of the day, week or year or recurring span of time between events. Random as can be.

Edited by F3SS

Well that is a 'hair-raising' tale indeed. They do say that spirits haunt the places that they 'dye', they should get in a medium to 'razor' the dead and 'shave' their souls.

• Like 1