Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Blacklist

Keel M.

Did anyone watch this premiere last night? I like James Spader and he's such an awesome bad guy. I thought the plot was interesting and look forward to how things unfold.

With stuff as interesting as this is, clearly showing that H'wood writers have talent, I am still baffled over the extent of "reality" television.

The Blacklist won't be shown in Australia until next Monday. I'll let you know what I think then. But as a start I will say I am a massive James Spader fan, and hope he owns every scene he plays in. My expectations are high, nonetheless.

I don't think you'll be disappointed PA. :) You'll laugh, but my first taste of James Spader was in Mannequin. LOL

Lol, I don't even think I've seen Mannequin (or if I did I was too young to remember). I think the first I saw him was in Stargate, then most recently Boston Legal - him and William Shatner just made the show theirs.

I had to work last night but i really wanted to see this, glad to know its getting good feedback.

have to check on demand later fo rit

I hated it,... thought it was the "spy version" of Haniball Lecter. And "Clarice Starling" sucked big time!!

Everyone I've described the show to says it sounds like "Silence of the Lambs" but without Hannibal Lecter. I don't know for sure since that's not my kind of movie, so maybe that's why I enjoy this more.

So far I'm enjoying the show. Naturally I expect it to grow from here and become more than "James Spader is kick-ass", and if it does that elevates the show. If it doesn't change then I think it may just be more of the same. Time will tell.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I loved it especially the last two episodes about the spy-killer and the stewmaker.

Yes there are shades of Hannibal Lector and Clarice Starling but... but I am intrigued by Reddington's affinity for Elizabeth Keen,

Is it possible Keen is the daughter of Reddington and who is Tom Keen really, too????

Yes, its ridiculous and so television but I don't watch a whole lot of television anyways.

Edited by GoSC

I like it, love James Spader. He's just so darn wry in this role. For a network show, the acting is a cut above, and so is the writing, I think. I'm also looking forward to Grimm, it's on my DVR waiting for me.

Soooo what did everyone think about last night's episode? Who do you think her husband works for? Does he work for someone or is he a pawn?

Soooo what did everyone think about last night's episode? Who do you think her husband works for? Does he work for someone or is he a pawn?

I couldnt care less.... I think it sucks, and wont be watching another episode.

Indeed, I'd like to see where this goes. I only hope the obvious answer is wrong about the relationship between Elizabeth and Reddington (I fully expect a curve ball here somewhere).

This might be over-reaching a bit, but I wonder if there was intentional symbolism regarding the "bite from an apple", which represents acquiring forbidden knowledge. Elizabeth bit into Reddington's apple by asking about her father.

• 3 months later...

So bringing this post back around because I was going to make a thread until I saw it had been done... If everyone is up to date.. what are future predictions for the show?? Who is LIZ's husband?? Is Spader really her dad? (Is that to obvious) Who and why is the HIGHER UP FBI (Illuminati type stuff lol) trying to bring Spader down... and 20 years he made a deal with that guy and whoever he works for.. but who does he work for and what was the deal that was made that makes them not want to kill Spader.... what does Spader have on them and why do they have on Spader?

• 2 weeks later...

:yes: All good questions, granted, and I have no clue as to any of the answers. I do enjoy the show and the acting, which is not often found on tv. I'd like it to run for 2 times a week, as if anything else is really that interesting but I don't get any say into who does what when. :unsure2:

• 2 years later...

Just started watching as it is on Shomi. I love James Spader.  Ever since his assholish character on Pretty in Pink I have watched everything I can that he is in.  I am still on season 1, so at this point I am way behind everyone in watching.

As to above questions, I am looking at 

Tom.  When they were being watched by the Mercs, even they wondered who he was working for. Like knows like

Red beingLiz's dad? Pretty sure he is.  He told Sam that Sam would always be Liz's father.  Liz asked Red if he was her father.  He paused for a while and said no.  But what I'd she would have asked if her was her dad?

Alda's character is high up, yet someone above him is concerned about Red. I think Red was/is an operative and so far deep under cover he became what he was pretending to be.  

I can't believe I have not watched this show before this. I am so curious to see if my hunches are right or if I am being thrown way off by the story lines.