Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kid Suspended for Playing Airsoft in Own Yard

CRYSiiSx2

This is what these gun control nuts are turning neighborhoods into. Kids aren't even allowed to play with the toys in their own yard with schools suspending them. Sickening...

Two seventh-grade students in Virginia Beach, Va., were handed long-term suspensions Tuesday that will last until the end of the school year for playing with an airsoft gun in one of their front yards while waiting for the school bus.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/24/7th-grader-suspended-for-playing-with-airsoft-gun-in-own-yard/

• Like 3

This is the part that concerns me...

"The school's so-called "zero-tolerance" policy on guns extends to private property...."...

So, will the schools then be able to "inspect" peoples homes to determine if their policy is being violated in private?

I do think the boys went a bit overboard with their targeting (if the report is true)... but this is ridiculous...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 6

This is the part that concerns me...

"The school's so-called "zero-tolerance" policy on guns extends to private property...."...

So, will the schools then be able to "inspect" peoples homes to determine if their policy is being violated in private?

I do think the boys went a bit overboard with their targeting (if the report is true)... but this is ridiculous...

What about kids who hunt? I don't know the specific laws in this kid's state, but in most states, kids his age can legally hunt with firearms under adult supervision.

I hope he does get suspended for the year and that his parents bring one hell of a lawsuit against the school district.

• Like 2

This happened in Virginia, too.

One of the original thirteen colonies.. Home to several key figures reverent of Liberty; Washington, Jefferson..

They'll take whatever ground they can get their hands on.

Next they'll punish the boys for thinking about guns in their own homes.

All while pushing the Common Core initiative on them.

• Like 3

The school's so-called "zero-tolerance" policy on guns extends to private property, according to the report.

Saaaaaaay what?!!!

Well, that's a new one.

• Like 1

didn't i say it years ago, it is not random idiocy, this is delibarte indocrination, and brainwashing, they turn kids into gun haters by punishing them for everything gun related, so they grow up hating guns. i was told i was an idiot back than, well look who is an idiot now.

• Like 4

-snip- Nevermind, that was in bad taste.

But, yeah, I can't believe this either.

Edited by pallidin

This happened in Virginia, too.

One of the original thirteen colonies.. Home to several key figures reverent of Liberty; Washington, Jefferson..

They'll take whatever ground they can get their hands on.

Next they'll punish the boys for thinking about guns in their own homes.

All while pushing the Common Core initiative on them.

I haven't been able to confirm this yet and it's mostly hearsay at this point, but I've heard that the school systems are even thinking about even banning the word "gun". So if a kid says any word that sounds remotely like the word "gun" in their statements that has nothing to do with a gun (ton, sun, etc.) and the teacher mistakes it so or mishears it, the punishment for it could be just as worse.

Trying to put the fear of their wrongful retribution into them, is what they're doing.

• Like 2

didn't i say it years ago, it is not random idiocy, this is delibarte indocrination, and brainwashing, they turn kids into gun haters by punishing them for everything gun related, so they grow up hating guns. i was told i was an idiot back than, well look who is an idiot now.

If anything, there is an increase in the amount of gun violence in tv/movies and video games. It seems pretty counter-productive if this is what they are trying to do. In the wake of the shootings of the past few years, I think people are overly paranoid and tensions are running high.

• Like 2

If anything, there is an increase in the amount of gun violence in tv/movies and video games. It seems pretty counter-productive if this is what they are trying to do. In the wake of the shootings of the past few years, I think people are overly paranoid and tensions are running high.

agreed, but his sht in schools happens with alarming regularity.

also gun violence on tv, games, is a no no subject to talk about, just as much as mental health.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

What about kids who hunt? I don't know the specific laws in this kid's state, but in most states, kids his age can legally hunt with firearms under adult supervision.

I hope he does get suspended for the year and that his parents bring one hell of a lawsuit against the school district.

Yeah, Jr. Hunt was this past Saturday and my little cousin got himself a buck. I miss those days of Jr. Hunts, but guess what? Venison for me!!

• Like 2

Wow, and school has only been in session for a few weeks. I can understand police involvement since there was a 911 call. But the school involvement is overboard.

• Like 3

agreed, but his sht in schools happens with alarming regularity.

I would say a few isolated incidents. All this paranoia stems from the public wanting answers. We all want to know what would cause someone to snap and shoot up a school. Unfortunately, because we don't know we are punishing people for no good reason. An endless series of wild goose chases.

• Like 2

Sadly this type of thing will keep on happening and institutions like schools will keep pushing the proverbial envelope until people finally wake up and say "ENOUGH!".

See..if places like schools (for example) keep on doing this type of thing to children and no one says anything and many even support it then they will do it to adults. Children are societies lab rats so to speak.

What they do to them they will do to the rest of us.

Also, has anyone noticed that for the past few years/decades that children have been increasing portrayed as being nothing more than budding criminals that we just HAVE to spy on every second and control their every thought and movement?

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 3

I haven't been able to confirm this yet and it's mostly hearsay at this point, but I've heard that the school systems are even thinking about even banning the word "gun". So if a kid says any word that sounds remotely like the word "gun" in their statements that has nothing to do with a gun (ton, sun, etc.) and the teacher mistakes it so or mishears it, the punishment for it could be just as worse.

Trying to put the fear of their wrongful retribution into them, is what they're doing.

Conditioning.

The next generation will cringe at the mention of 'gun', the evil spirit that kills people indiscriminately despite the fact it takes one person to kill another person.

In the eyes of the Dystopian Marxists guns kill people; people don't kill other people.

Of course, knives kill as well.

They're breeding a generation of children to be compliant with the removal of morals and values, who are taught to be scared of guns and snitch on other children or their parents if they mention the word 'gun' or have a gun, who are brainwashed by the Marxist agenda of 'the collective'..

• Like 3

This is just rediculous, when i was younger I lived in a semi-small town of about 18,000. This is when air-soft guns first became popular in the late 90's. We would have airsoft wars that would stretch several square blocks, with up to ten neighbor kids on each team battling it out. The airsoft guns many of us were using were replica types, some battery powered for full auto, some just simple pistol types, everyone in full camo military fatigues. Cops would drive by with out a worry as to what were doing. Granted we never played around the bus stop before school but regardless it's private property we are dealing with here. I just don't understand how suspending children for the entire school year is going to accomplish anything but backlash from the community.

• Like 2

Wait ... school rules apply even at home?

Ruddy hell.

Here in Oz school rules don't apply one inch outside of the school gate let alone on private property.

• Like 2

Wait ... school rules apply even at home?

Ruddy hell.

Here in Oz school rules don't apply one inch outside of the school gate let alone on private property.

Over here, the rules applied when you were in uniform, no matter where or when

I am for gun control, and I am not a fan of guns either. But this is ridiculous. I used to play with toy guns when I was a kid, and to assume that this behaviour would lead to any "bad" activity later on in life is far out there. Of course it could, this is why the parents should observe the child's behaviour to see if it is appropriate or not. If he would have taken the gun to school, or if he would have fired it at people on the bus stop, things would be different. But appearently he did not. I fail to see how the principals investigations came to this conclusion. Any evidence?

He disobeyed his mom by playing this game, but the punishment is up to her, not to the school. It's a private issue.

One thing I would like to add: I doubt that this is what all "gun control nuts" want. Do we really need these kind of blanket statements?

Edit:

Fascism is making a comeback folks... No wonder they want our guns.

Fascism is probably one of the most misused, and over-used word, of our times.

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 3

Fascism is making a comeback folks... No wonder they want our guns.

Did you mean 'totalitarianism'?

Calling it 'fascism' just sounds like you're doing a Godwin on your own thread. Never a good look.

• Like 1