Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skeleton Fragments of a Giant Found?

TheWizard

I see the problem with this not possibly being a cast of a fossil. You are looking in the wrong direction. To form a track the object it must have come into contact with was a cast of a cast, not a cast. Had the granite come into contact with the fossilized track as you suggested, then the granite would have been a cast. Do you see the problem with what you have claimed?

That's not what I claimed and I was not the one who started labeling what I was trying to explain as a cast. I said that the magma covered the original stone and formed around it, creating basically a granite copy of it. Not a reverse cast.

I know you are making unwarranted speculations. You should also understand by now how bad those speculations are.

I can discuss and speculate about whatever I want and you don't have the authority to tell me it is unwarranted or bad. Have you convinced yourself that you have some sort of jurisdiction or that your opinions and statements are more credible than others'? You are an anonymous poster on an internet forum; you have no more credibility or authority than anyone else here.

You are mistaken about the fossil record.

No, I am not.

Your claim that fluctuations are constant and unchanging means they are not fluctuations. What are you talking about?

The only way we can compensate for the fluctuations is if we predict them. That means that we must assume that the fluctuations have a predictable pattern and always have, and that nothing else has interfered with the rate of decay. Ever. I do not think that these are logical assumptions.

You ask what have we ever observed that is constant and unchanging?

1. Conservation of energy

2. Conservation of momentum

3. Gravitational constant

4. Electron charge

etc.

1. Conservation of energy theorizes that energy can't be created or destroyed. However, energy is constantly changing form.

2. Many objects have a different momentum and when objects collide, one object can take momentum from another, meaning the momentum of BOTH individual objects has changed. Their combined momentum hasn't changed but their individual momentum has.

3. The gravitational constant is an equation used to calculate the gravitational force between two bodies. The numbers involved in the calculation vary because they are not constant in nature. What I'm saying is, basically, a mathematical equation is not a natural occurrence; it's something we created to explain the things around us. Sometimes we can do that very accurately using mathematics but that doesn't make anything in nature constant. It's like if I have five dogs each a different breed. Mathematically I have five dogs, yes, that will never change - but each dog has a different personality and a different breed, a different owner, a different life, etc... The natural side of things always vary.

4. The electron charge is an approximation, suggesting that the charge isn't exactly the same from electron to electron. Very very very close, but exactly to the T? Probably not, otherwise it wouldn't be an approximate number. The difference in charge is probably so very slight that we can barely notice it, so there is nothing wrong with calling it a constant and deciding what the charge is, approximately.

You are wrong that the universe is infinitely random. That is the sort of expression used by people that do not understand the term random. The inference about unlimited possibilities is a non sequitur. Your claims about "understand nature and life" are just your opinion and so far very few people here share your opinion.

We observe randomness everywhere in the universe. We also observe order, but even order has a dash of randomness in nature. That's what makes it real and natural. I'm sorry that you have trouble grasping this concept but I don't think I can spell it out any more clearly for you. Your claim that I am "wrong that the universe is infinitely random" is just your opinion.

Let's go over your very bad ideas on these fluctuations.

1. You speculate about solar flares. Had you read anything or understood anything about the fluctuations you would not have made this silly speculation.

2. The fluctuations affect the third digit or greater of precision. Thus your claims about the uncertainty of dates are rubbish.

Let's go over why you are completely wrong in your accusation that my ideas on fluctuations are "bad"

1. Leading scientists don't understand everything about the fluctuations, yet we are all supposed to believe that you do? I really wish you would read the link I provided to you earlier. It is apparent that you have not. Here is a short quote from my link.

http://news.stanford...sun-082310.html

On Dec 13, 2006, the sun itself provided a crucial clue, when a solar flare sent a stream of particles and radiation toward Earth. Purdue nuclear engineer Jere Jenkins, while measuring the decay rate of manganese-54, a short-lived isotope used in medical diagnostics, noticed that the rate dropped slightly during the flare, a decrease that started about a day and a half before the flare.

If this apparent relationship between flares and decay rates proves true, it could lead to a method of predicting solar flares prior to their occurrence, which could help prevent damage to satellites and electric grids, as well as save the lives of astronauts in space.

2. My claims are not "rubbish". You are just too argumentative and thick headed to let yourself understand what I am saying. What digits of precision the fluctuations affect are not that important when you actually understand what I am trying to explain to you.

If you are going to continue to insult me without provocation (I have been biting my tongue and trying very hard to be civil with you) you are only displaying how weak and cowardly you are. You must have aspects of your life that you are unhappy with. I really couldn't care less. Go cry in the shower or eat ice cream and watch an old movie or something Ask someone who cares about you for a hug; I don't care. But don't express your dissatisfaction with your life by insulting me and hiding behind the anonymity of the internet. If you want to continue the debate, show me some respect.

That being said, you are going to love this last part...

Please tell us about these fossils in xenoliths in granite. I am calling your bluff. I know you are wrong, but you will just point out non-granitic rocks and say something dubious such as it shows it might be possible. Well that is simply wrong. You need to show a fossil in a xenolith in a granite filled with phenocrysts.

Here is the deal (and the reason that this reply has taken so long to be posted)... I read about fossils being found in granite being made into tabletops. I found the article by accident and by chance a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember how long ago exactly. The point is, I read the article and it also included photos. I can't find the actual article I read. But, I also knew that igneous rocks could contain xenolithic fossils so I thought nothing more of it and I didn't research it any more because I assumed that granite could contain xenolithic fossils like other igneous rocks (because of the article about the tabletops). After you posted this comment I have done extensive searching... Sadly, I can't find the original article I read and I also can't find any documented evidence of fossils in xenoliths in granite.

I know when I am wrong and I apologize for making that statement without investigating more. I was not intentionally bluffing, as you suggested.

Furthermore, I feel that the complete absence of fossils of any kind being found in association with granite pretty much debunks this being a footprint. I believe it must be a hoax - or a natural anomaly (though that is very unlikely).

BUT I still stand behind what I have said about radioactive decay, what I have said about the fossil record and what I have said about the universe.

Edited by Dr_Acula

Microfossils are occasionally found in xenoliths.

Per your granite footprint, how can the magma form "arouind" a fossil footprint?

Surely you realize that a footprint would be concave, right? Hence magma would fill the print, creating a reverse cast in granite (if such a thing were possible and it's not - note that the print is not a xenolith in any case.)

Yet the footprint in the granite is concave, isn't it?

So, care to edit your explanation?

The rest of your responses expose you as a person that either has no idea of what is meant in physics by the term conservatiopn of energy or momentum, or prefers to pretend it means something it doesn't..

Additionally, you fail to consider that the charge on an electron has to be measured and we are limited by our measuring devices to a specific number of decimal places regarding accuracy (I believe in the case of charge it's 8 places, but I might be misremembering.)

Nevertheless, every time the charge is measured, it is measured to be precisely the same. IOW, there is no variation.

If there were, we wouldn't have a quantum theory.

Harte

• Like 1

Microfossils are occasionally found in xenoliths.

Per your granite footprint, how can the magma form "arouind" a fossil footprint?

Surely you realize that a footprint would be concave, right? Hence magma would fill the print, creating a reverse cast in granite (if such a thing were possible and it's not - note that the print is not a xenolith in any case.)

Yet the footprint in the granite is concave, isn't it?

So, care to edit your explanation?

From the information I have been able to find, no fossils have been found in granitic xenoliths.

When saying the magma forms around the footprint, I don't mean form as in manifests itself, I mean it covers it and takes the shape of it. If that isn't possible, then I have simply made a mistake and I am wrong.

The rest of your responses expose you as a person that either has no idea of what is meant in physics by the term conservatiopn of energy or momentum, or prefers to pretend it means something it doesn't..

I would be happy to respond to this if you would elaborate a little more on how you brought yourself to this conclusion about me.

Additionally, you fail to consider that the charge on an electron has to be measured and we are limited by our measuring devices to a specific number of decimal places regarding accuracy (I believe in the case of charge it's 8 places, but I might be misremembering.)

Nevertheless, every time the charge is measured, it is measured to be precisely the same. IOW, there is no variation.

If there were, we wouldn't have a quantum theory.

I suppose it is me speculating that if we were able to measure it precisely, we may find a very slight fluctuation that is otherwise hidden by our current restrictions. An approximate number is not necessarily 100% precise. I do understand that we do not find a variation present within the decimal places that are measurable.

That's not what I claimed and I was not the one who started labeling what I was trying to explain as a cast. I said that the magma covered the original stone and formed around it, creating basically a granite copy of it. Not a reverse cast.

Sorry, this involves an intrusive so this can't happen. A cast is always a reverse. No need to say 'reverse cast'.

Again, this is a failure.

I can discuss and speculate about whatever I want and you don't have the authority to tell me it is unwarranted or bad. Have you convinced yourself that you have some sort of jurisdiction or that your opinions and statements are more credible than others'? You are an anonymous poster on an internet forum; you have no more credibility or authority than anyone else here.

You are free to speculate all you want. Others will simply point out when those speculations make no sense at all such as your notion that granite can form around something.

No, I am not.

You are mistaken about the fossil record. Just as you are mistaken about intrusives such as granite.

The only way we can compensate for the fluctuations is if we predict them. That means that we must assume that the fluctuations have a predictable pattern and always have, and that nothing else has interfered with the rate of decay. Ever. I do not think that these are logical assumptions.

False. You do not need to be able to predict fluctuations. There are many things that can't be predicted yet they can be dealt with.

Here is the deal (and the reason that this reply has taken so long to be posted)... I read about fossils being found in granite being made into tabletops. I found the article by accident and by chance a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember how long ago exactly. The point is, I read the article and it also included photos. I can't find the actual article I read. But, I also knew that igneous rocks could contain xenolithic fossils so I thought nothing more of it and I didn't research it any more because I assumed that granite could contain xenolithic fossils like other igneous rocks (because of the article about the tabletops). After you posted this comment I have done extensive searching... Sadly, I can't find the original article I read and I also can't find any documented evidence of fossils in xenoliths in granite.

I know when I am wrong and I apologize for making that statement without investigating more. I was not intentionally bluffing, as you suggested.

Furthermore, I feel that the complete absence of fossils of any kind being found in association with granite pretty much debunks this being a footprint. I believe it must be a hoax - or a natural anomaly (though that is very unlikely).

BUT I still stand behind what I have said about radioactive decay, what I have said about the fossil record and what I have said about the universe.

What I wanted you to do is find out on your own that very small objects might be somewhat preserved in xenoliths. Large objects are not.

The problem with your radioactive decay comments is that you are spending so much time speculating that you do not understand how issues such as this are dealt with. I have tried to tell you that such issues are expressed as part of the uncertainty of the measurements. All measurements have uncertainty. Dating methods are no different. Your interpretation of the fossil record and randomness is way off the mark.

From the information I have been able to find, no fossils have been found in granitic xenoliths.

I suppose it is me speculating that if we were able to measure it precisely, we may find a very slight fluctuation that is otherwise hidden by our current restrictions. An approximate number is not necessarily 100% precise. I do understand that we do not find a variation present within the decimal places that are measurable.

The charge of the electron is exactly the same magnitude as the charge of the proton, but opposite sign. If electrons and protons had varying charges, then there would be effects that are detectable because theory states that certain behaviors happen because of they are identical.

If electrons and protons did not exactly match and offset themselves, then there would be net EM forces that would be observable. But they are not observed suggesting that if there is a difference it must be so small that even when the number of particles such as in a galaxy come together the charges cancel out.

• 6 months later...

**SNIP**

• 1a. Advertising: Do not use the forum to advertise a product, site or service.
  • 1e. Participation requests: Do not ask members to take part in offsite surveys, petitions, contests, campaigns or fundraisers.

**Also, don't necropost. It's bad nettiquette.**

Genesis Quest is a global network of over 40 scientists and explorers. We’re trying to solve the world’s greatest ancient enigmas, even if that means overturning cherished academic, scientific, and religious doctrines. We’ll deploy powerful sensors and robotic search assets that may soon be the envy of archaeologists everywhere; we’ve lined up several university labs to analyze evidence in a scientifically rigorous way; and we intend to achieve unassailable findings based on undeniable and repeatable scientific results.

But first, a caveat: WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR ANCIENT ALIENS. We’re conducting our research in a balanced way, and scrupulously in accordance with archaeological best practices, ethical standards of professional conduct, and international laws. We have no ax to grind; no preconceived ideas to “prove” by manipulating or creatively interpreting or selectively considering evidence to suit our preconceived views; and no bent for cheap sensationalism just to make a buck. Rather, we will apply robust scientific testing and analysis of evidence that has thus far defied explanation according to mainstream views, while digging up new evidence and analyzing that, in a relentless effort to uncover the real truth about humanity’s forgotten past.

We believe that extraordinary phenomena from prehistory—particularly the megaliths, or gigantic stone structures ringing the globe, as well as the pyramids—were erected not by aliens, but by humans. The thing is, these ancient wizards may well have been giant humans, who wielded astoundingly advanced ancient technologies, including powered circular saws, fantastically efficacious drills, and even more amazing things.

These giants, we believe, were part of a prehistoric supercivilization that circumnavigated the globe in remote prehistory, laying the foundations of civilization before being wiped out in worldwide catastrophe. After that event, they were almost completely forgotten, relegated to little more than scripture and legend. They became the Nephilim of the Bible, and the Titans and frost giants of Greek and Norse myth. Most traces of their former existence (including, we believe, their ancient machines) were wiped clean off the Earth by none other than the biblical Flood.

We call these ancient giants and their associated cultures the Global Maritime Empire. If we can prove that they did exist, our findings will prompt a total rewrite of the history of civilization.

And here’s the kicker: We have some of their bones. Will you help us test them?

We’ll publicize the results of our collaborative research in books, on TV, and eventually in movies. If we succeed, our efforts may ignite a global firestorm of interest, catalyzing a movement that could culminate in a deeper understanding of the catastrophist reality in which we live and a more balanced appreciation of our fragile place in a wondrous but fearsomely dangerous world.

In the process, our endeavors—far from being anti-academic, anti-scientific, or (God forbid) anti-religious—could help to unite science, religion, and myth, bringing humanity together while enabling us, at long last, to face the full truth about our forgotten, tragic, but ultimately triumphant past.

Edited by aquatus1
TOS violations.

**SNIP**

Genesis Quest is a global network of over 40 scientists and explorers. We’re trying to solve the world’s greatest ancient enigmas, even if that means overturning cherished academic, scientific, and religious doctrines. We’ll deploy powerful sensors and robotic search assets that may soon be the envy of archaeologists everywhere; we’ve lined up several university labs to analyze evidence in a scientifically rigorous way; and we intend to achieve unassailable findings based on undeniable and repeatable scientific results.

But first, a caveat: WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR ANCIENT ALIENS. We’re conducting our research in a balanced way, and scrupulously in accordance with archaeological best practices, ethical standards of professional conduct, and international laws. We have no ax to grind; no preconceived ideas to “prove” by manipulating or creatively interpreting or selectively considering evidence to suit our preconceived views; and no bent for cheap sensationalism just to make a buck. Rather, we will apply robust scientific testing and analysis of evidence that has thus far defied explanation according to mainstream views, while digging up new evidence and analyzing that, in a relentless effort to uncover the real truth about humanity’s forgotten past.

We believe that extraordinary phenomena from prehistory—particularly the megaliths, or gigantic stone structures ringing the globe, as well as the pyramids—were erected not by aliens, but by humans. The thing is, these ancient wizards may well have been giant humans, who wielded astoundingly advanced ancient technologies, including powered circular saws, fantastically efficacious drills, and even more amazing things.

These giants, we believe, were part of a prehistoric supercivilization that circumnavigated the globe in remote prehistory, laying the foundations of civilization before being wiped out in worldwide catastrophe. After that event, they were almost completely forgotten, relegated to little more than scripture and legend. They became the Nephilim of the Bible, and the Titans and frost giants of Greek and Norse myth. Most traces of their former existence (including, we believe, their ancient machines) were wiped clean off the Earth by none other than the biblical Flood.

We call these ancient giants and their associated cultures the Global Maritime Empire. If we can prove that they did exist, our findings will prompt a total rewrite of the history of civilization.

And here’s the kicker: We have some of their bones. Will you help us test them?

We’ll publicize the results of our collaborative research in books, on TV, and eventually in movies. If we succeed, our efforts may ignite a global firestorm of interest, catalyzing a movement that could culminate in a deeper understanding of the catastrophist reality in which we live and a more balanced appreciation of our fragile place in a wondrous but fearsomely dangerous world.

In the process, our endeavors—far from being anti-academic, anti-scientific, or (God forbid) anti-religious—could help to unite science, religion, and myth, bringing humanity together while enabling us, at long last, to face the full truth about our forgotten, tragic, but ultimately triumphant past.

You have some of their bones? Pics or it didn't happen.

Edited by aquatus1
Edited Quote
  • Like 3

With 40 odd folks in your organisation how is it that you haven't accrued your own base finances to begin, surely a tithe of 20 bucks a week would get you a decent amount to start?

• Like 1

**SNIP**

Genesis Quest is a global network of over 40 scientists and explorers.

...so you're a group of scientists who've pre-selected the specific results they want to find with their work?

In other words, you're a group of scientists who fundamentally misunderstand the scientific method. I foresee nothing but success and universal acceptance of your "findings". I mean, thank god you're asking for money or someone, somewhere might be foolish enough to take you seriously. When I peddle my hugely successful, totally true, history-re-writing book WE WERE AS FLEAS ON THEIR BACKS: The Amazing Hidden History of our Past Basset Masters, it's a totally legit economic transaction. It's not a donation.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by aquatus1
  • Like 3

...so you're a group of scientists who've pre-selected the specific results they want to find with their work?

In other words, you're a group of scientists who fundamentally misunderstand the scientific method. I foresee nothing but success and universal acceptance of your "findings". I mean, thank god you're asking for money or someone, somewhere might be foolish enough to take you seriously. When I peddle my hugely successful, totally true, history-re-writing book WE WERE AS FLEAS ON THEIR BACKS: The Amazing Hidden History of our Past Basset Masters, it's a totally legit economic transaction. It's not a donation.

--Jaylemurph

On a more serious note, the History channel would probably more than happy to pick up this idea for a TV show and line it up right after Ancient Aliens.

Why are the only people who are ever looking for Giants inevitably tied to fundamentalists?

Closed because it is necro and TOS.

Edited by aquatus1
  • Like 2