Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ted Cruz Filibuster

Kowalski

Sen. Ted Cruz ended his nearly day-long filibuster at noon Wednesday, having held the chamber floor for more than 21 hours straight, etched his place in the record books with the fourth-longest filibuster in Senate history, and raised his own profile and boosted his quest to defund the health care law.

The Texas Republican took control of the floor at 2:41 Tuesday afternoon and only relinquished it at noon Wednesday because of rules that required the Senate to officially reconvene and conduct a session-opening prayer, then wait an hour and hold a vote at 1 p.m. on whether to begin debating a stopgap spending bill.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/25/ted-cruz-filibuster-tops-mark-set-rand-paul/?page=1#ixzz2fwIrB2rs

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Go, Ted, go! :clap:

Nice to finally see someone fighting for his constituents...

• Like 1

Well...I like Ted....but it's not really a Filibuster...he can blab till he fills his diaper a couple of times and he is not going to stop the vote nor is he going to defund the affordable heath act. He's making a nice show but it is all a show.

I have been thinking about this for a few days now as the October 1st date approaches....

I am so disgusted at people that want others to suffer for a freaking dollar value.

I am disgusted that our healthcare costs are dominated by "for profit" companies....mega hospitals and pharmaceutical companies.

I am appalled at the cost of an education to be a healthcare provider....

I am wrenching at the cost of malpractice insurance.

All any of these things do is assign a dollar value to your life. When was the last time someone scored a major profit off of your life? Chances are...you are not worth nearly as much as you dream you are. You body parts....properly sold off....can make a mint...so this is what we have become...organ growers for the wealthy....

I am disguted. I believe in freedom, but I believe a human life is beyond price...it is a precious thing. I hope everyone that is fine with the poor starving, dieing of exposure from homelessness...die from a treatable illnes....I hope you suffer in a sickness that totally robs you of your last ounce of dignity...and is fatal....but not for a very long time.

Anyone that thinks that this system is OK...please remove yourself from the gene pool....your insanity might be handed down and contribute to the extinction of our species.

Sickening man....sickening.

If you want to make money....that is why we have vices....sports, gambling, alcohol, drugs, video games, music, entertainment....

If your goal is to make huge bucks off of the suffering within the lives of the sick and elderly....well....what goes around comes around and one day you will not have the money to buy whatever the organ you stole from another person costs....

Sorry, a little passionate about this and I am getting tired of the two sides ignoring the truth....a human life should not have a fudging price tag....those that think it does need to join the recently departed....

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 2

and before someone pops a gasket.....I hate Obamacare....it is not going to fix the problem. It is crony capitalism....protecting and propping up the insurance providers and their securities backers.

I do not appreciate being told I "have" to buy a thing. If they want to address healthcare costs...then how about...

Stopping the poisoning of our water

Stopping the "wheat belly" illnesses from GMO grains

Setting up a healthcare education screening process so that those with a sincere aptitude can get an affordable education

Doing something about 1000% mark ups on medication....

Stopping the ridiculous and frivolous healthcare law suits....when it's real, it's real, but it needs to be contained.

You see?...they are not really addressing the cost of healthcare....they are making sure the same people that have always scored huge bucks wil continue to score huge bucks....they are not fixing the problems, they are spreading the pain....and that is not a fix....

erk....this topic makes me so angry I could pull my hair out....fortunately I sport a crew cut and can't get a handful....

I am dead against the "insurance" plan...that is NOT solving this....there is much more that could be done if they really want their livestock to be healthy....but the problem is, they are finding they have a nearly limitless supply of cheap livestock....so who cares when a few die off

The only way to solve this is as outlined above....stop assigning a profit margin to a life. As long as someone thinks they can profit from your pain and death...you are screwed...

and by the way....your dead and disease filled body is worth about a hundred bucks....maybe they should not be able to charge more than that unless they effing provide a real cure for things....

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 2

Hey.. remember the speech Obama made about obamacare after he signed it into law? I'll never forget hearing vp Biden saying to Obama, "This is a big ******* deal". Ya it was Joe ya crony politician capitalist jerk.

That line is up there with the recent quote by Goldman top CEO Blankfien's ,"We are doing gods work".... disgusting behaviour.

'by their deeds you shall know them'

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 3

Stopping the poisoning of our water

It's not poisoning when there isn't a scientific report about it.

There's no scientific report because there's no poisoning going on.

Or so we're told.

Stopping the "wheat belly" illnesses from GMO grains

I'm sure some Monsanto approved scientist will be along to inform any senate committee that tried that there's NOTHING wrong with that, that there's NO EVIDENCE at all for it. And then make a fat donation to their pet projects (and them) and voila "no evidence for wheat belly illnesses".

Doing something about 1000% mark ups on medication....

Won't happen when the government is in bed with corporations.

Hell, your corporations have been trying to strong-arm my government everytime they add something to the Pharmasutical Benefits Scheme (ie cheap medication for people with chronic illnesses).

• Like 3

Hey.. remember the speech Obama made about obamacare after he signed it into law? I'll never forget hearing vp Biden saying to Obama, "This is a big ******* deal". Ya it was Joe ya crony politician capitalist jerk.

That line is up there with the recent quote by Goldman top CEO Blankfien's ,"We are doing gods work".... disgusting behaviour.

'by their deeds you shall know them'

More specifics came out on ObamaCare. American 20 somethings will have their healthcare premiums more than double.

Also, you will NOT be able to keep your same doctor.

Rationing

ObamaCare = Lose / Lose Scenario

Maybe we should just get rid of the whole thing?

• Like 1

ACA will help me and a few family members but I can understand why people who never pay their medical bills, small business owners or the young and healthy are not such fans.

Ted always reminds me of that one fake-smile, Eddie Haskell gracious, cheesy insurance/retail/car/insurance salesman. About 90% of what he was rambling on about had zero to do with ACA or even politics. If he wanted my respect he would have studied the monster bill with peer reviewed studies and at least speak half the time about the ACA and how to fix it.

The Ted he's selling:

ABC_ted_cruz_this_week_jt_130908_16x9_608.jpg

And evil Ted:

Ted-Cruz.jpg

• Like 1

More specifics came out on ObamaCare. American 20 somethings will have their healthcare premiums more than double.

Also, you will NOT be able to keep your same doctor

Obamacare is not healthcare. If 20s ins premiums are rising, that comes from the insurance companies not obamacare. If they already have insurance, they are not signing up under the ACA. Keeping your own doctor is according to the insurance company usually using networks. This has been true for many decades.

Obamacare is not healthcare. If 20s ins premiums are rising, that comes from the insurance companies not obamacare. If they already have insurance, they are not signing up under the ACA. Keeping your own doctor is according to the insurance company usually using networks. This has been true for many decades.

Health care is getting more expensive. Our programs are insolvent enough without another slap of paint for the lubed boomers to over-consume even more than they have been already. We're going to be reviled in history by our children and grandchildren if we don't come to our senses.

Health care is getting more expensive. Our programs are insolvent enough without another slap of paint for the lubed boomers to over-consume even more than they have been already. We're going to be reviled in history by our children and grandchildren if we don't come to our senses.

American 20 somethings are already forced to pay into social security. It's predicted to go under.

Now we are doubling their insurance premiums.

Thanks to Senator Ted Cruz will see a concession by the White House: Drop Kick ObamaCare altogether for 1 year.

The White House already drop kicked the Corporate Mandate 1 year.

Ripple Effects of ObamaCare:

- ObamaCare Wipes Out Choice/Freedom

- ObamaCare Creates Insurance Monopolies

- Deductibles Skyrocket !

This is clearly a step in the wrong direction. Thanks to Senator Ted Cruz this whole mess will be drop kicked altogether for 1 year.

The Corporate Mandate has already been drop kicked 1 year by the White House.

American 20 somethings are already forced to pay into social security. It's predicted to go under.

when you grow up, you may realize that all working Americans pay into SS. And it is NOT predicted to "go under".

Thanks to Senator Ted Cruz will see a concession by the White House:

The WH has agreed to no such thing. And neither will the Senate. Ever.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Cruz just vote for the thing he spent 21 hours filibustering?

Sounds like he's trying to butter his bread on both sides if true.

I think high deductibles are a good idea; it gives people a personal interest in personal cost yet protects them against bankrupting expenses. One should not try to insure expenses one can handle oneself, since it becomes a trade-off with the insurance company, and you get back maybe sixty cents on the dollar (the insurance company has expenses and profit).

check again.

prescription-costs.jpg

You realize that's a 4 year old graph, with projections from 2010-2015.

And are those costs or are they medicare reimbursement rates?

I think high deductibles are a good idea; it gives people a personal interest in personal cost yet protects them against bankrupting expenses. One should not try to insure expenses one can handle oneself, since it becomes a trade-off with the insurance company, and you get back maybe sixty cents on the dollar (the insurance company has expenses and profit).

I agree. High deductible major medical plans are very affordable. Couple that with government exchanges and medical savings accounts and there's no reason why anyone should be without coverage. Now, remove healthcare as a workplace benefit and increase salaries accordingly so folks can put more money in their pockets and in their medical savings accounts.

Day to day medical visits should be paid for out-of-pocket in order to bring competition back into the picture.

My biggest problem with Obamacare is that it's simply not going to work as envisioned. The systems aren't ready and it's going to be a disaster once implementation starts. And at the end of the day, there's still roughly the same number of uninsured in the US as there were before we even started all of this.

• Like 3

I agree. High deductible major medical plans are very affordable. Couple that with government exchanges and medical savings accounts and there's no reason why anyone should be without coverage. Now, remove healthcare as a workplace benefit and increase salaries accordingly so folks can put more money in their pockets and in their medical savings accounts.

Day to day medical visits should be paid for out-of-pocket in order to bring competition back into the picture.

My biggest problem with Obamacare is that it's simply not going to work as envisioned. The systems aren't ready and it's going to be a disaster once implementation starts. And at the end of the day, there's still roughly the same number of uninsured in the US as there were before we even started all of this.

So.......lets just delay the whole ObamaCare Train Wreck for 1 year. Then we can just repeal the whole thing.

ObamaCare is doomed to fail.

I don't trust this guy. He's seeking attention like a two bit whore..... do not trust this individual.

I have been wondering about that....

His wife works for Goldman Sachs..... :(

But I do like how him and Rand Paul are scaring the establishment Republicans like McCain and their ilk. LOL, that makes me happy....

They still have a ways to go, to convince me their genuine, but I like what they have said and done so far.

Edited by Burt Gummer

I have been wondering about that....

His wife works for Goldman Sachs..... :(

But I do like how him and Rand Paul are scaring the establishment Republicans like McCain and their ilk. LOL, that makes me happy....

They still have a ways to go, to convince me their genuine, but I like what they have said and done so far.

Senator John McCain is a spectator.

Senator Ted Cruz , Rand Paul and Marco Rubio are in charge of the U.S. Senate.