Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earth is Growing!

Big Bad Voodoo

I am located in Ireland - but that will make no substantive difference to the definition of science and the scientific method.

Br Cornelius

Okay, which you want first History or Economy?

Okay, which you want first History or Economy?

I don't care.

Let me state my position clearly here. You have made emphatic statements about the physical sciences which your general output has shown you are incapable of arriving at through your actual understanding of the physical sciences. You are talking outside (way outside) your field of expertise here.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

Economy is science how to reach point where we cant made better economic situation without that we reduce others people economic situation.

Economy is science which study how to find easiest way to use resources and divide it among population. Because resources are not unlimited.

If resourcers were unlimited then Economy wouldnt exist at all. It analyzes all previous gather data of consumption, distribution,production. It even predict future events-Econometrics.

Here is what wiki said about it:

Econometrics is the application of mathematics, statistical methods, and, more recently, computer science, to economic data and is described as the branch of economics that aims to give empirical content to economic relations.[1] More precisely, it is "the quantitative analysis of actual economic phenomena based on the concurrent development of theory and observation, related by appropriate methods of inference."

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Econometrics

You probably thought Economy isnt science because of Normative economics which study goals of Economics. Ethical questions.Such as:

Im having 20 cats and Im millionaire. Every day my cats drink gallons of milks. And you are poor and dont have milk. Neither your children.

Is it right that my cats drink milk while human child is starving? Then again I earned money. Its my milk. Its my cat. I can do whatever I want with my milk.

Economy in scientists circle is called Science of choice. Because its all about choices. Game theory. Proposed by Paul von Neumann. Hungarian mathmatician.

Economy use three different methods:

1-Observation of inflation, macroeconomy, uneployment, GDP, marginal costs...

2-Economic analysis-Mathemathical research how cost effect on me, will I have money for child college...

3-Statistical analysis-Thats all about numbers.

Economy is science which study how societies use obscure resources to create goods and share them among people. How to be efficent.Without it we wouldnt have today civilization. Its all about economy. Economy study progress.

Scientific theories proposed by economists are backed with numerical and statistical datas. There are numerous theories and laws in economy.

Formulas.

For example there are 6 theories about why we have economic crysis. Macroeconomy study this.

There are cca three types of economists. Keynesians, Monetarists and Neo classicists. Last one view is most interesting to me.

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

All this can apply in Economy:

Ask a Question-

Do Background Research-

Construct a Hypothesis-

Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment

Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion

Communicate Your Results

With exception about experiments. Because Economy isnt science where you have stady variables. Its always changing. As we speak. You can only adress it to this or that moment.

We conclude theories in economy often with one statement "if others variables are unchanged." Then we look what happened if variables change. How effect our theory.

You dont have lab in Economy. There is no CONTROLED experiment in economy because you cant hold variables unchanged.

Economy can explain why diamonds are expensive and they dont use to common people and water is cheap and water is most neccesary thing for human.

Formulas in Economy exist same as in Physics. Here is simple one "Consumer balance"

MUx/Px=MUy/Py

Or GDP= C+I+G+X

where C is consumption, I is gross investments, G is government spending and X is exports/imports.

Big Bad Voodoo ;)

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

Economy is science how to reach point where we cant made better economic situation without that we reduce others people economic situation.

Economy is science which study how to find easiest way to use resources and divide it among population. Because resources are not unlimited.

If resourcers were unlimited then Economy wouldnt exist at all. It analyzes all previous gather data of consumption, distribution,production. It even predict future events-Econometrics.

Here is what wiki said about it:

Econometrics is the application of mathematics, statistical methods, and, more recently, computer science, to economic data and is described as the branch of economics that aims to give empirical content to economic relations.[1] More precisely, it is "the quantitative analysis of actual economic phenomena based on the concurrent development of theory and observation, related by appropriate methods of inference."

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Econometrics

You probably thought Economy isnt science because of Normative economics which study goals of Economics. Ethical questions.Such as:

Im having 20 cats and Im millionaire. Every day my cats drink gallons of milks. And you are poor and dont have milk. Neither your children.

Is it right that my cats drink milk while human child is starving? Then again I earned money. Its my milk. Its my cat. I can do whatever I want with my milk.

Economy in scientists circle is called Science of choice. Because its all about choices. Game theory. Proposed by Paul von Neumann. Hungarian mathmatician.

Economy use three different methods:

1-Observation of inflation, macroeconomy, uneployment, GDP, marginal costs...

2-Economic analysis-Mathemathical research how cost effect on me, will I have money for child college...

3-Statistical analysis-Thats all about numbers.

Economy is science which study how societies use obscure resources to create goods and share them among people. How to be efficent.Without it we wouldnt have today civilization. Its all about economy. Economy study progress.

Scientific theories proposed by economists are backed with numerical and statistical datas. There are numerous theories and laws in economy.

Formulas.

For example there are 6 theories about why we have economic crysis. Macroeconomy study this.

There are cca three types of economists. Keynesians, Monetarists and Neo classicists. Last one view is most interesting to me.

Big Bad Voodoo

You call that a\ proof that economics is a science. How does it apply the scientific method.

Your a joker.

Br Cornelius

Son, if you ever desire to discuss history, economy, psychology Im there for you. Also about philosophy which is not science but its important. And I can be benefical about Criminology but I intented to avoid it due personal matters!

Science isnt just Geology!

You're the last person I'd ask for a lesson on science, you tend to make up things and confuse words.

BTW geology is a natural science.