Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to Avoid Being Secretly Poisoned by MSG

Big Bad Voodoo

MSG is a neurotoxin that is used as a food additive. It is toxic, inflammatory and causes or contributes to many diseases. It must be eliminated from your diet but avoiding it may not be as easy as you think. Here is what you need to know to avoid it and reverse its damaging effects.

http://blogs.naturalnews.com/how-to-avoid-being-secretly-poisoned-by-msg/

• Like 3

Another pointless thread by bbv based off an article written by a dimwit for dimwits.

I had some acquaintances who swore that they had averse affects from MSG until they learned that their favorite organic soy was rich in MSG. Their symptoms magically vanished with education.

No more doofus threads please.

• Like 9

My wife once read about how bad MSG is supposed to be, and in a fit of foolishness tried to banish it from our kitchen. This is an Asian kitchen you are talking about. The cook threatened to quit saying she didn't know how to cook without it and wouldn't even try. I told her I would buy it on the sly and sneak it in.

After about a month I found some stuff about how stupid the fear is in the newspaper and put it on my wife's bathroom door. She never said a word but stopped asking about it and we were able to put it back on the food list.

One should be aware that it is mostly salt, so watch it just as you do salt if you are salt-intolerant.

• Like 2

Less toxic than salt.

But water is toxic too, please eliminate that from your diet.

• Like 2

Yea -- in the States there is "Lite" salt (a mix of potassium chloride and sodium chloride) while in Asia there is MSG (Glutamic acid and sodium chloride). Both are used to get the saltiness of salt with about half the sodium -- although in my opinion neither is really as good as full salt -- they both have a slightly metallic aftertaste, but some people prefer that.

Dr. Brent Hunter:

I am a Chiropractic physician with a focus on delivering the principles of a wellness lifestyle to people of all ages.

So you take nutritional care advice from a chiropractor?

What next?

Your nuclear physics from your local mailman/woman?

• Like 2

There are different MSGs. The ones in soy foods are naturally occurring, and don't cause ill affects.

Then there's pure chemical msg. They are the ones that cause issues, and the ones being noted here.

Know your MSGs before you blather on.

Just sayin

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

The Japanese tend to cook with natural msg.

the Chinese use the chemical kind.

The chemical kind is also in most processed foods.

Duh

http://www.rense.com/general52/msg.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umami

http://glutamate.com/naturally-occurring-msg/

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 3

http://www.truthinlabeling.org/HowIsItManufactured.html

Oh look, it's made with GMOs.

Dddduuuhhhhhhh again

~~~~~

Today, the glutamic acid component of the food additive "monosodium glutamate" is generally made by bacterial or microbial fermentation wherein bacteria used are often, if not always, genetically engineered. In this method, bacteria are grown aerobically in a liquid nutrient medium. The bacteria have the ability to excrete glutamic acid they synthesize outside of their cell membrane into the liquid nutrient medium in which they are grown. The glutamic acid is then separated from the fermentation broth by filtration, concentration, acidification, and crystallization, and, through the addition of sodium, converted to its monosodium salt. 

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

I'd be cautious of any dealings with a chiropractor:

Chiropractor breaks baby's neck

http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/call-for-age-limit-after-chiropractor-breaks-babys-neck-20130928-2ul6e.html

Another pointless thread by bbv based off an article written by a dimwit for dimwits.

I had some acquaintances who swore that they had averse affects from MSG until they learned that their favorite organic soy was rich in MSG. Their symptoms magically vanished with education.

I say more doofus threads.

There are different MSGs. The ones in soy foods are naturally occurring, and don't cause ill affects.

Then there's pure chemical msg. They are the ones that cause issues, and the ones being noted here.

Just sayin

Can you post some sources on this because I think you're confusing MSG with naturally occurring glutamates.

MSG doesn't naturally occur in anything. MSG is a food additive that is man-made through a various natural processes. The most common of which is through fermentation - much like yogurt.

It has been used for more than a century and, like anything, is only harmful in doses many times higher than typical consumption levels.

• Like 2

Just sayin

Are you trying to tell us that MSG is a set of chemicals?

It's a single chemical, not a family. Please know this before you blather on.

• Like 2

Duh

http://www.rense.com/general52/msg.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umami

http://glutamate.com...-occurring-msg/

There are people that have the wacko idea that a chemical produced in nature is different than a chemical produced in the lab. That is the nonsense my acquaintances were under. A chemical is a chemical.

You should know that, or maybe you need to learn that.

What kiddy wrote that rense article? The wiki article points out the absurdity of the claims in the rense kiddy article. The third article was pointless.

• Like 4

http://www.truthinla...nufactured.html

Oh look, it's made with GMOs.

Dddduuuhhhhhhh again

~~~~~

Today, the glutamic acid component of the food additive "monosodium glutamate" is generally made by bacterial or microbial fermentation wherein bacteria used are often, if not always, genetically engineered. In this method, bacteria are grown aerobically in a liquid nutrient medium. The bacteria have the ability to excrete glutamic acid they synthesize outside of their cell membrane into the liquid nutrient medium in which they are grown. The glutamic acid is then separated from the fermentation broth by filtration, concentration, acidification, and crystallization, and, through the addition of sodium, converted to its monosodium salt.

Thanks for showing us that you are doing nothing but fear mongering and ascribing to the wacko notion that there is something different about chemicals made by nature and those made in the lab. A chemical is a chemical.

About all you've showed is that if very high levels are given to rats at a very young age there are developmental problems for the rats. We also know that is salts are given in very high levels to avians at a young age it actually alters the physical structure of the intestine. There are biological responses to high levels of anything.

Keep saying Dddduuuhhhhhhh. It suggests a low brow below average post.

Edited by stereologist
  • Like 2

Duh

"Chemical kind"? As compared to what? You really don't know what a chemical is.
  • Like 2

There are people that have the wacko idea that a chemical produced in nature is different than a chemical produced in the lab. That is the nonsense my acquaintances were under. A chemical is a chemical.

You should know that, or maybe you need to learn that.

What kiddy wrote that rense article? The wiki article points out the absurdity of the claims in the rense kiddy article. The third article was pointless.

I also never understood why some people equate naturally occurring with safer. Nature is full of stuff that is dangerous for us to consume. The idea that there is an older or more 'natural' way that is healthier is not in evidence when we look at modern health and life expectancy compared to those factors in history.

• Like 2

I also never understood why some people equate naturally occurring with safer. Nature is full of stuff that is dangerous for us to consume. The idea that there is an older or more 'natural' way that is healthier is not in evidence when we look at modern health and life expectancy compared to those factors in history.

Never understood this one either. But to quote stereologist in post #2:

<snip>

Pretty much spot on.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Thats So true But one has to admit some of the caption quotes are Funny !

"dimwit ,doofus", Classic`s All Keep -em-coming ! :tu:

MSG GMO`s ASAP`s sounds like an All American Meal ?

Thats So true But one has to admit some of the caption quotes are Funny !

"dimwit ,doofus", Classic`s All Keep -em-coming !

MSG GMO`s ASAP`s sounds like an All American Meal ?

This isn't the first thread of this low brow nature that has recently been posted. The only mystery here is why anyone would think that the original article was in any way logically sound or evidence based.

This isn't the first thread of this low brow nature that has recently been posted. The only mystery here is why anyone would think that the original article was in any way logically sound or evidence based.

An equally perplexing mystery is how long they shall continue.

One of the things that people do believe is that there is something fundamentally different about a so-called nature chemical and that which is a manufactured chemical. It sounds appealing to some people that a chemical has a non-human origin. There can be differences in chemicals having the same chemical formula, but a different structure. They are isomers. But if two chemicals have the same structure they have the same properties.

To those that think there must be a difference there is a simple test. Provide someone a number of samples and let them determine which has a natural source and which does not. Essentially that's what happened with the soy sauce. There was a realization that they could not determine if the soy was organic or not.

Can you post some sources on this because I think you're confusing MSG with naturally occurring glutamates.

MSG doesn't naturally occur in anything. MSG is a food additive that is man-made through a various natural processes. The most common of which is through fermentation - much like yogurt.

It has been used for more than a century and, like anything, is only harmful in doses many times higher than typical consumption levels.

I'm not confused at all.

I lived in Japan, and when you cook with it, on the recipe it's called ajinmoto.

It's natural msg.

It can be extracted from various things, and it's sold this way, and called ajinmoto .

The msg in the USA and China are pure chemical.

"Chemical kind"? As compared to what? You really don't know what a chemical is.

And your comprehensive skills are rather below par if you cannot grasp the kind made in factories in the USA, are pure ARTIFICAL chemical compounds , and the kind found in food are naturally occurring.

Similar to natural arsenic and fluoride. Not the **** the USDA and big pharm adds to our food

• Like 2

And your comprehensive skills are rather below par if you cannot grasp the kind made in factories in the USA, are pure ARTIFICAL chemical compounds , and the kind found in food are naturally occurring.

Similar to natural arsenic and fluoride. Not the **** the USDA and big pharm adds to our food

:tu:

• Like 2