Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Homo Sapiens Around The Galaxy? :D

ambelamba

One absurd but interesting claim is that humans are abundant around the Galaxy. Well, it's a bit of some wishful thinking I guess.

The obvious example is Nordics. Usually depicted as teh good guys but I wonder why they always should be Astro Gringos. :D Probably many UFOlogists will get a heart attack if the good guys turn out to be more like Space Brothas than Space Brothers. (bwahahahaha) And don't get me started on Space Sistas.

But we know that humans being common around the galaxy is beyond impossible. I read an article about simulating evolution with supercomputers, and the result was very interesting and depressing at the same time. The simulations came up with plethora of models with really bizarre shapes and forms. (I think the source article is from Scientific American.) If human-looking aliens are ever possible, then there has to be some explanations. Maybe paleocontact hypothesis was real. Speaking of which, I am very resentful of those so-called ancient alien scholars because they are the ones who kills any remaining credibility of it, if there's any.

So why paleocontact hypothesis? Why can't we assume that aliens actually picked up some useful specimen of early homo sapiens and took them to space?

Actually I've been trying to write a novel about this, but unfortunately English is absolutely not my primary language. And I can't even decide if I should make the story either a screwball comedy or a dead serious action novel. Basically this is the bare skeleton plot: Aliens who descended from earliest humans invade Earth without the approval of Galactic Elders. Since they had to assemble the fleet without proper approval, they come with rather pathetic shape. The alien race is basically one of the police force of our galaxy and...they are powerful and numerous enough to go head to head with Zentradi from Robotech universe. (Wiki them. You will see that Zentradi are one of the largest military force ever conceived in sci-fi universes.) But without the proper procedure and budget they come in a bad shape. Even worse, much of their fleet was decimated by some unknown defense mechanism around the Earth. Half of them manages to retreat but some of them drop to Earth, struggling to survive. And it's their story, a story of 16 young men who volunteered for the sacred pilgrimage to their ancient homeworld. Basically it's like alien version of Band of Brothers with giant robots....:D

• Like 1

I find it hard to believe that homo sapiens is the pinacle of evolution.... sound more like some religious crap that anything else.

• Like 3

Its the only body design thats functional for complex tool use and activities that allow for a species to become a technologicl civilization.

• Like 2

Its the only body design thats functional for complex tool use and activities that allow for a species to become a technologicl civilization.

hehe...I know this vid winds people up....but I like it. Its about evolution and the humanoid form! Just something else to think about. Stick with it - for the first part is a silly puppet, and its just a couple minutes long

[media=]

[/media]

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3

Love that video seeder :yes:

• Like 1

One absurd but interesting claim is that humans are abundant around the Galaxy. Well, it's a bit of some wishful thinking I guess.

The obvious example is Nordics. Usually depicted as teh good guys but I wonder why they always should be Astro Gringos. :D Probably many UFOlogists will get a heart attack if the good guys turn out to be more like Space Brothas than Space Brothers. (bwahahahaha) And don't get me started on Space Sistas.

But we know that humans being common around the galaxy is beyond impossible. I read an article about simulating evolution with supercomputers, and the result was very interesting and depressing at the same time. The simulations came up with plethora of models with really bizarre shapes and forms. (I think the source article is from Scientific American.) If human-looking aliens are ever possible, then there has to be some explanations. Maybe paleocontact hypothesis was real. Speaking of which, I am very resentful of those so-called ancient alien scholars because they are the ones who kills any remaining credibility of it, if there's any.

So why paleocontact hypothesis? Why can't we assume that aliens actually picked up some useful specimen of early homo sapiens and took them to space?

Actually I've been trying to write a novel about this, but unfortunately English is absolutely not my primary language. And I can't even decide if I should make the story either a screwball comedy or a dead serious action novel. Basically this is the bare skeleton plot: Aliens who descended from earliest humans invade Earth without the approval of Galactic Elders. Since they had to assemble the fleet without proper approval, they come with rather pathetic shape. The alien race is basically one of the police force of our galaxy and...they are powerful and numerous enough to go head to head with Zentradi from Robotech universe. (Wiki them. You will see that Zentradi are one of the largest military force ever conceived in sci-fi universes.) But without the proper procedure and budget they come in a bad shape. Even worse, much of their fleet was decimated by some unknown defense mechanism around the Earth. Half of them manages to retreat but some of them drop to Earth, struggling to survive. And it's their story, a story of 16 young men who volunteered for the sacred pilgrimage to their ancient homeworld. Basically it's like alien version of Band of Brothers with giant robots.... :D

It's funny, because a similar story you'll heard off in the history of the Sumerian people, and their Gods, which were descending aliens from Nibiru... creating them to work the land extracting metals. Later this story has been taken by Babylonians and after by Semitic tribes (old Jewish) and fractural imported in the Bible (old testament). In the Book of Enoch (Noa's grandfather) there’ is much more as apparently he was taken by God on his planet and there’s numerous descriptions of technologies as seen by the eye of someone that lived over 6000 years ago.

forgot the most important part;

Genesis 1:27

"So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."

Before the TV Show Ancient Aliens was on TV i had done a lot of research on Ancient Cultures(Because i was bored :whistle:, ). Mostly reading up on it through the Wikipedia articles on the Mythology. And i noticed one common feature is that most of these creature myths regarding the Gods all came down to man, and taught us how to do ****. I then decided to google the term "Ancient Aliens", and to my surprise i am not the only one who came to that conclusion. That man was visited by Aliens in the Ancient Past.

Speaking of which, I am very resentful of those so-called ancient alien scholars because they are the ones who kills any remaining credibility of it, if there's any.

200 years ago people said we would never go to the Moon, let alone get a man into orbit or even have the power to fly. We can do all of that now and more due to the advancement of technology. So try and have a open mind when it comes to these types of theories, and the people actively studying it may be onto something. There are many Missing Links out there in Archaeology, and the Human Race has been trying to rediscover are Ancient Race. As we seem to have a bad case of Amnesia as a Species.

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 1

I agree. I think any Aliens capable to technology would have to have a similar anatomical structure as humans. Perhaps only as far as hands and fingers and appendages for mobility. I suppose that leaves a wide range of possible bodily appearances, but specific anatomical capabilities for tool making in my view would be essential.

I agree. I think any Aliens capable to technology would have to have a similar anatomical structure as humans. Perhaps only as far as hands and fingers and appendages for mobility. I suppose that leaves a wide range of possible bodily appearances, but specific anatomical capabilities for tool making in my view would be essential.

That is exactly what I said in a similar tread. Well said, there must be an universal apearance in order to become inteligent and conquer tehnologies. In other words humanoid.

That is exactly what I said in a similar tread. Well said, there must be an universal apearance in order to become inteligent and conquer tehnologies. In other words humanoid.

So other animals on Earth aren't intelligent?? I believe dolphins are just as smart as humans, Just because they live with nature and not bulldoze over it doesn't mean they aren't smart.

1 big thing I've worked out that I can't shake to make the argument that humans didn't naturally evolve on Earth is that everything that seemingly evolved on Earth lives with nature, but humans....we destroy it to expand and grow without learning to live with nature.

• Like 2

other then squids - which are capable of complex manipulation of objects.

Really? I doubt that very very much. I can think of all sorts of ways a little redesign would make us function better.
  • Like 2

I think the optimal design would be a coin-shaped mass maybe three meters around and a meter thick with lots of small feet holding it up and no end of appendages on its top and sides for sensing and manipulating, and of course a few orifices here and there for those needs. It could even have green surfaces for photosynthesis.

• Like 1

I agree. Obviously to be technological tool users aliens would need some appendages for manipulating things but the number and type could vary wildly. Also stereo vision would help because intelligence seems to develop more in carnivores and this would aid in hunting but there is no reason to think they would resemble primates in any way. An octopus form with a brain in each arm lilnked to a central brain would seem a better choice.

Really? I doubt that very very much. I can think of all sorts of ways a little redesign would make us function better.

Ill bite... Like what?

Im just saying the Hominid Body design is 1. a naturally occuring evolutionary path; and 2. it allows for a species to perfect complex tool use and preform other activities that would be required of a species in order to rise into a true technolgical civilization.

Out of all the countless species and crazy designs seen in evolution here on Earth, only the Hominid Body Design fits the bill and it does so very, very well!

• Like 1

I agree. Obviously to be technological tool users aliens would need some appendages for manipulating things but the number and type could vary wildly. Also stereo vision would help because intelligence seems to develop more in carnivores and this would aid in hunting but there is no reason to think they would resemble primates in any way. An octopus form with a brain in each arm lilnked to a central brain would seem a better choice.

The problem with what you are saying is that evolution here or on other Planets will not work in the same way as your naive imagination.

Ill bite... Like what?

Im just saying the Hominid Body design is 1. a naturally occuring evolutionary path; and 2. it allows for a species to perfect complex tool use and preform other activities that would be required of a species in order to rise into a true technolgical civilization.

Out of all the countless species and crazy designs seen in evolution here on Earth, only the Hominid Body Design fits the bill and it does so very, very well!

Hey LS, I know we discussed this very thing briefly a while back and I'm still not sure I entirely agree. Our technology (our version of tech at least) fits the humanoid form quite well simply because it was designed with that express intent. Any creature able to manipulate it's environment enough to create tools would obviously create tools that would suit their form, whatever it might be. That is precisely what tools are, a way to compensate and overcome our own limitations to accomplish a task.

Edited by Slave2Fate
  • Like 5

Ill bite... Like what?

Well not needing to excrete would be a good place to start, the vulnerability of the ears and eyes, the fact we're incrddibly pressure sensitive....

• Like 1

Well not needing to excrete would be a good place to start, the vulnerability of the ears and eyes, the fact we're incrddibly pressure sensitive....

That seems like a pretty rediculous list you have there to me. Wouldn't those things require us to be Ghost/Angels as opposed to flesh and blood living creatures that resulted from natural evolutionary processes?

Here again, wild and naive imagination simply can not trump the straight forward pathways of evolution.

Sometimes I could use an extra pair of hands; the centauroid body would be us hands down; how about eyes for 360 degree vision; yea -- having to breath and eat and talk out of the same orifice is a damn nuisance and dangerous at that. Maybe if we had five fingers and a thumb, we would count by twelves -- a better numbering system.

We evolved to what we are because evolution has to use what it already has to work with, and only the mutations that actually happen. What would evolve somewhere else would depend on local conditions there plus its own accidents of history.

• Like 4

Hey LS, I know we discussed this very thing briefly a while back and I'm still not sure I entirely agree. Our technology (our version of tech at least) fits the humanoid form quite well simply because it was designed with that express intent. Any creature able to manipulate it's environment enough to create tools would obviously create tools that would suit their form, whatever it might be. That is precisely what tools are, a way to compensate and overcome our own limitations to accomplish a task.

Hey S2F,

You must give thought and consideration to the idea that there will only be certain materials availible on any given habitable Planet that an animal can just find naturally and use as tools in the first place. Tools don't just come from thin air. This is actually a very fasinating subject to consider BTW. But simply put, there is a relatively well known natural progression of tool use evident among the Bi-pedal hominids that leads straight to you and I having this conversation about it!

So what is around on the surface of a habitable Planet? Thats what any Species must start with. We started with Wood, Bone, Sinew, sedimentary and volcanic rocks, fur and hide of other animals, grass, seashells, and Fire for examples of the major things we had available for early use.

To progress from simple animal filling a nitche to complex tool user, a species must start with the inherent ability to manipulate natural materials an animal can find readily on a habitibal Planet similar to Earth where evolution was similar in that Microbes have produced an Oxygen rich atmosphere!

Even that last point, means there must be chorllyphil on an Alien Planet for a Civilization to exist! Even without that one thing, a civilization could not exist! Then you must also have Landmass.

I could go on and on, but my point is that there is a LOT to consider before you can just start Imaging crazy Body types if the point is to talk about what might actaully and truely be viable. l

• Like 1

Hey S2F,

You must give thought and consideration to the idea that there will only be certain materials availible on any given habitable Planet that an animal can just find naturally and use as tools in the first place. Tools don't just come from thin air. This is actually a very fasinating subject to consider BTW. But simply put, there is a relatively well known natural progression of tool use evident among the Bi-pedal hominids that leads straight to you and I having this conversation about it!

So what is around on the surface of a habitable Planet? Thats what any Species must start with. We started with Wood, Bone, Sinew, sedimentary and volcanic rocks, fur and hide of other animals, grass, seashells, and Fire for examples of the major things we had available for early use.

To progress from simple animal filling a nitche to complex tool user, a species must start with the inherent ability to manipulate natural materials an animal can find readily on a habitibal Planet similar to Earth where evolution was similar in that Microbes have produced an Oxygen rich atmosphere!

Even that last point, means there must be chorllyphil on an Alien Planet for a Civilization to exist! Even without that one thing, a civilization could not exist! Then you must also have Landmass.

I could go on and on, but my point is that there is a LOT to consider before you can just start Imaging crazy Body types if the point is to talk about what might actaully and truely be viable. l

I think the chemical basis of life is probably carbon-chains in an aqueous environment. No other possibility that works at all has been proposed. Beyond that, however, I would not go with present knowledge. We see what evolution does on earth and it doesn't seem to have many limits. To be sure technological civilization implies certain things, but we really go too far when we think it necessarily depends on things like stereoscopic vision -- what about a planet with an atmosphere that lets in different wavelengths of light? Manipulation seems to be essential, but why four fingers and an opposable thumb only? Or bipedalism? That one strikes me as particularly unlikely as a limiting factor.

As I said before, my favorite is a coin-shaped entity with all sorts of manipulative appendages around it and all sorts or sensory appendages on its top, with orifices and feet where needed. I would picture it sitting half a meter or so above the ground on its feet, about a meter thick and maybe three or four meters around. It would be green if it photosynthesizes too using the same ways our plants photosynthesize, but it might be any color actually.

• Like 1

It's funny, because a similar story you'll heard off in the history of the Sumerian people, and their Gods, which were descending aliens from Nibiru

Actually that was a con artist.