Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama small president on world stage

Merc14

I think it is evident to all but the most lunatic that Obama is a man in way above his head. He is more college professor than president, more man-child than world leader and teh rest of teh world sees it too. The world needs a strong America as they are starting to realize and look forlornly at the fool teh idiocracy has elected president of teh US.

from the Wall Street Journal, 9/26/2013 http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303342104579099623833385780.html?mod=rss_mobile_uber_feed

A Small President on the World Stage

At the U.N., leaders hope for a return of American greatness.

The world misses the old America, the one before the crash—the crashes—of the past dozen years.

That is the takeaway from conversations the past week in New York, where world leaders gathered for the annual U.N. General Assembly session. Our friends, and we have many, speak almost poignantly of the dynamism, excellence, exuberance and leadership of the nation they had, for so many years, judged themselves against, been inspired by, attempted to emulate, resented. As for those who are not America's friends, some seem still confused, even concussed, by the new power shift. What is their exact place in it? Will it last? Will America come roaring back? Can she? Does she have the political will, the human capital, the old capability?

Rest of article can be found here http://online.wsj.co...obile_uber_feed

Edited by Saru
Reduced copied text
  • Like 1

I have bad news for you. Your country was collapsing before Obama, and will continue after he is gone. Enjoy.

• Like 1

I think it is evident to all but the most lunatic that Obama is a man in way above his head. He is more college professor than president, more man-child than world leader and teh rest of teh world sees it too. The world needs a strong America

Does it?

I do.

Do you mean the days before the Texan cowboy, or are those the days you miss?

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh

Obama or Bush....Not much of a choice.... :(

• Like 2

Does it?

Have to go back before GWB. Liked America better under Reagan, Bush I, and Clinton.

Maybe it is my life I judge the times by. I know when my life seems better and when my life seems worse. My liking/disliking seems to be tied to my circumstances.

• Like 3

When was this Golden Age when there was all this dynamism, excellence, exuberance and leadership of the nation? the days of JFK? Ike? Those seem to pretty well be the last presidents (whether deserved or not, in JFK's case at least) that people do seem to see as a Golden Age. It's really all been downhill since then, hasn't it. :(

Well, ok, perhaps Ron was regarded with fondness by some, but I'm not sure if you'd really call the 80s a Golden Age.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh
  • Like 3

I miss the US of the 50s, when you could pretty much count on having a decent job, your own home with a nice white picket fence out front, 4 kids, a collie dog and a cat, and could retire without worrying about whether you would run out of money before you died. Nowadays, can't count on any of that stuff. The American dream is only a dream now.

• Like 3

I miss the US of the 50s, when you could pretty much count on having a decent job, your own home with a nice white picket fence out front, 4 kids, a collie dog and a cat, and could retire without worrying about whether you would run out of money before you died. Nowadays, can't count on any of that stuff. The American dream is only a dream now.

I too miss segregation, Polio and the looming threat of nuclear annihilation.

• Like 2

After reading the article, I must say that an unnamed western leader of a powerful U.S. ally said, " Using vague and unsubstantiated sources to report on emotions and atmosphere clearly demonstrates the decline in American journalism. And I longed for the good old days when American journalism was based on facts and information, from verifiable sources, instead of mindless partisan opinion."

• Like 3

obama+meme.jpg

Hey burt....that's some funny stuff right there! I am sooo ripping that off!

Oh polio, he had a good run.

ta-dum-dum -chih...(that's my rimshot)

jptdknpa_zps5a2e9d71.gif

• Like 1

I have bad news for you. Your country was collapsing before Obama, and will continue after he is gone. Enjoy.

Don't think you're not going down the chute with us.

• Like 1

From the article: "World leaders do not understand what his higher strategic aims are, have doubts about his seriousness and judgment, and read him as unsure and covering up his unsureness with ringing words"

What the hell should his higher strategic aims be? What does being serious mean? What lack of judgment are they referring to?

When he pulled out of Iraq late? When he didn't shut Guantanamo down? When he escalated the drone bombings? When he bombed Yemen? When he got bin Laden? When he threatened Syria with missile strikes? When he bombed Libya? When he promised the Zionists an "undivided Jerusalem"? Since this is another partisan thread, what exactly do the Republicans want?

• Like 3

He's the only world leader that I am aware of, where two hurricanes, perfectly time ... helped get him elected.

He was not chosen by men, but arguably the earth.

Isaac destroyed Romney at the Republican National Convention. Then, just as he was gaining some momentum towards the end of October, hurricane Sandy finished him off, when Governor Chris Christie practically endorsed Obama for President. What a sweet kiss that was, after Romney's despicable comments at their convention. Have you forgotten what he said?

"President Obama promised to begin to slow the rise of the oceans," pausing for the audience to laugh at the absurdity, "and to heal the planet. My promise ... is to help you and your family." - Huffington Post 8/31/12

Then suddenly the sea rose, when the greatest super storm to hit New England in a century flooded even the hallowed 911 museum, where the water rose as high as 8 feet.

Men who are arguably chosen by the elements have a destiny that will not become clear until later.

For example, Romney would likely have already bombed Syria by now. That's a big difference in the course of history. It's huge.

Does it take a mystic, clairvoyant, or a prophet to see the odds of this?

Storm Rewrites G.O.P.’s Script for Convention - NY Times 8/26/2012

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 3

So what's Obama s'posed to do, Merc?

Small President on the world stage? Okay, what's a "Big President" supposed to do?

The world stage should be full of trade for the US to partake in. Trade of ideas, skills, labor, products, services, expertise, money, people....everything. What's the President's role in all that, Merc? How about to get out of the way and let it happen? How about just to stand up on a podium and say something diplomatic and intelligent? How about mentioning on the bully pulpit about how great our factories are doing, pumping out exciting new products for people to use.

• Like 1

Small President on the world stage? Okay, what's a "Big President" supposed to do?

Fire Missiles at anyone who doesn't do what the President thinks they ought to do.

Humanitarianly, of course.

• Like 2

1: Be taken seriously

2: Be respected

1: Be taken seriously

2: Be respected

Like who? So I can expect what? Don't dish out platitudes, pray tell me why this should even matter to me, at all.

I think what I said is pretty clear. It isn't that deep and whether my words matter to you or not is of little concern.