Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Cryptid in Florida?

Perfectcomics

I came across a Facebook profile and found some interesting evidence from a case over 10 years ago. Not 20 miles from my house 8 people went missing. The residents of Palatka, Florida described some unknown creature whom they blamed for the disappearances. Check it out it's pretty creepy!

www.Facebook.com/carelessmonster

Edited by Perfectcomics

I came across a Facebook profile and found some interesting evidence from a case over 10 years ago. Not 20 miles from my house 8 people went missing. The residents of Palatka, Florida described some unknown creature whom they blamed for the disappearances. Check it out it's pretty creepy!

If it's only 20 mins from your house, how about you get off the internet and actually go down there to investigate and research in person. I am almost positive that what you turn up will be infinitely more mundane than what is posted on "Facebook".

• Like 3

Come on dude. You've got to do better than this.

There's not even a newspaper called "Central Florida Today". And since when do newspaper stories get posted without bylines?

Oh, and FYI, there's nothing on the internet about eight people going missing from Palatka Florida in 2003.

• Like 2

Oh, and FYI, there's nothing on the internet about eight people going missing from Palatka Florida in 2003.

There is now! A new legend is born! :D

• Like 2

I know there has been tons of newspapers that have fallen since 2003! Heck, the Sun shut down right across the street from my job. I am talked with a co-worker who has family in Palatka and she confirmed to me that people did go missing back in '03. So, take that for what it's worth. Anyways I am heading to the library on Tuesday to see if I can find any additional information.

I know there has been tons of newspapers that have fallen since 2003! Heck, the Sun shut down right across the street from my job. I am talked with a co-worker who has family in Palatka and she confirmed to me that people did go missing back in '03. So, take that for what it's worth. Anyways I am heading to the library on Tuesday to see if I can find any additional information.

Perhaps, but there is always still a record of the paper existing on the internet. Not to mention, the Palatka Daily News is the paper of record in Palatka and there is no mention of these missing cases from 2003.

Feel free to admit that you're pulling our leg.

• Like 1

Wait bones? Nothing about anything? Just someone claiming something new? From Someone named perfect comics??

There is a carelessmonster.com site that starts out that aliens sent robots to Earth to conquor us.

From Google search...

About Us

www.carelessmonster.com/about-us.html

What if aliens didn't land first? What if they sent robots first to explore our world, and (gulp!) test our technology? Our first project is entitiled "Terror

Strike".

Projects

www.carelessmonster.com/projects.html

TERROR STRIKE. A short film. What if aliens didn't arrive on earth, but rather sent their robots first? And what if these robots wanted to explore our world, and ...

Also there is a Careless Monster Productions....

Project Title:

The Orange Genetics Chronicles

Posted: (9/7/2013)

Production Company/School:

Careless Monster Productions

(I took this out - DieChecker)

Email:

Other Contact Info:

http://www.Carelessmonster.com

Pay Info: see details

Details:

Careless Monster Productions is casting for females aged 30-45 years of age. We're shooting a mystery/thriller movie short late October in the Daytona Beach/Orlando area. Please reply with a headshot and links to any previous acting experience.

We have assembled an excellent team of Cinematographers, special effects team, any many more team players now we're looking for our lead!

Please e-mail with any questions you might have and check out our website at www.Carelessmonster.com

http://www.greenroomorlando.com/CastingCallDetails.aspx?ID=11080

So apparently we have a production company who are in Florida, and who were trying to recuit people a couple weeks ago, who apparently now have their main site down, or revoked.... Sad.

To me this looks like someone trying to drum up interest in a movie that doesn't look like it is going to get made.

It does have a semi-commercial vibe to it.

Okay here's what I found at my local library (DeLand branch): There we're 8 missing people in Palatka during 2003. Not all the cases happened at one time but over a period of 6 months which the reporter failed to mention in the article. Also several bodies were discovered by local authorities. I found a screen capture image from Channel 5 out of Jacksonville. It's really creepy!

post-142582-0-20033400-1380603320_thumb.

Sounds like the lead in to an X-Files episode.

"Come on Scully... Let's go take a look around for this monster."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Found two more really curious articles which might be linked. Something's happen on Hontoon Island.

Wouldn't you have the parent or guardian's number on the missing poster than some facebook page?

Also the newspaper looks completely fake.

• Like 2

Found two more really curious articles which might be linked. Something's happen on Hontoon Island.

the double spacer is at it again. . .

The editor for that newspaper should learn to spell check as well.

• Like 1

That paper claims to be from Volusia county, it would be online somewhere about kids going missing from Volusia County, Florida and I didnt find anything. Search for Jessica Chapman, a missing girl in the article from the area, brought nothing up, Ruby Par, lifetime resident of the area, brought nothing

Furthermore, the area contains a part of Daytona Beach, and had a rash of children gone missing from such a well known area, it would probably have been national new, if not that at least documented somewhere.

I'd say you were tricked by a local legend or a hoax, however.

Your name is Perfectcomics, which leads me to believe you are attempting to write/publish a comic book, possibly a horror anthology based on urban legends.

Furthermore, you have 6 posts, all of which are in this topic, meaning you have minimal if any interest in the forums aside from trying out this story to see the reaction from a group of people to see how well it will do in your anthology.

Edited by SkepticalB
  • Like 2

Asylum, Ender, Skeptical and others have called this one out. And no newspaper can afford to waste any of even that minimal space by the masthead (that's where thumbnail weather forecasts, lottery numbers or paid advertising go). Plus, if I found the young lady in the poster, what's her first name?

Lately there seems to be a rash of single digit-starred new posters with these kind of one hit wonders. . .

• Like 1

Asylum, Ender, Skeptical

In my head this came out like military speak using the phonetic alphabet.

I'll be pretending to be part of an elite debunking squad for the rest of the day

• Like 4

That newspaper is from the hoax newspaper that you can make yourself....

Fodey...

http://www.fodey.com...per/snippet.asp

The fold on the paper in the post by Perfect is the same. Since he's resorted to fake newspapers we can say 100% that this whole thread is a fake.

post-26883-0-98764900-1381694932_thumb.j

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 3

I found out Careless Monster is a production company and this is all just a promotion for their upcoming movie from what it looks like.

• Like 3

No interest in writing/publishing a book of any kind. I am a giant comic book fan ie perfect comics.

Only posting in this subject: I don't know of any other cryptid's in my area.

Not a bad a site if you want to create the next internet hoax!

• Like 1

No interest in writing/publishing a book of any kind. I am a giant comic book fan ie perfect comics.

Only posting in this subject: I don't know of any other cryptid's in my area.

It is not a cryptid. It is a promote for Careless Monster Productions. All fake.