Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jerk Saw Siege: most unholy name

UM-Bot

Peter Fotis Kapnistos: In medieval traditions, the Black Mass was first known through parodies, called Feasts of Asses, to ridicule a custom of religious festivities with a reverse reading of biblical scriptures (spoken, not spelled). According to the Old and Middle English articulations of the Bible, “Jesus Christ” pronounced backwards is: Ts’ierk sah-syge. Psychologists have observed that elements of reverse speech may sometimes become subconscious expressions. The reverse of Jesus Christ (and other accepted names) may somehow affect individuals, whether they understand it or not.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

What?? :blink:

I'm so lost... I thought this was about words/names being used backwards, but then it ended up about food and somehow vegetarianism. And I still don't understand the point, there is no thesis. It's random mish mash slapped together. I'm not sure what I read but now, I know that Hitler ate sausage.

• Like 2

I agree. I have no idea what the point of the article is.

• Like 2

I agree. I have no idea what the point of the article is.

I'm glad you agree, I read it three times thinking I must have missed something but, no, it's just badly written.

• Like 1

Agreed. No disrespect to the author, but the article is so disconnected I had to stop reading for the sake of my own sanity,

• Like 1