Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

This idea is mind blowing

Maverin1

Saw this on a website. I think it comes form tumblr? I don't know since i'm not a fan of social media. I know that this has to be something much more than some kids idea, infact in the comments for the postingsomeone said it was much older. Whether it fits your belief system or not it is mind opening to possibilities of what is true that you may never have considered. As for myself, i am a very spiritual person in the sense that i have an incredibly strong, let's call it a "feeling", that there is something infinitely more to this thing we call life. I often relate to teachings of Buddhism and am interested in quantum physics as it can be a religion as much as a science but never has the idea of oneness struck me as intensly as when I read this. Can anyone shed more light on the topic?

read+this+or+at+least+skim+it.+if+you+are_5cf3f6_4816531.jpg

• Like 4

You're right that is a mind blowing theory.

It doesn't matter if one chooses to believe it or not but the idea that everyone is yourself is a good way to treat life and I can file this idea as one that I would have no problem with folk exploring.

• Like 1

It is my primary belief, above all, that it is human nature that we are not capable (or it is incedibly difficult) to understand the true existence of things. Thus, I treat all beliefs as correct. Sort of "Believe nothing. Accept the posibility of everything." And as I stated. This one really hit the idea of oneness spot on so it is definitely one I will keep with me.

Even Satan disguises himself as a being of light. Genesis 3:5 .. it's the original deception in a new package. This time with the cover of the "golden rule" loosely draped over it's shoulders.

I was just watching an old Bob Hope movie. O'l Bob would be perfect for the guy who died part.

• Like 1

Brilliant!

I don't see a link.

The inset box is the link. Just click on it. Very interesting story - well done.

Even Satan disguises himself as a being of light. Genesis 3:5 .. it's the original deception in a new package. This time with the cover of the "golden rule" loosely draped over it's shoulders.

What would Satan gain from this story? Spreading the idea that when we harm others we harm ourselves and have much to learn as a result is not going to help him much me thinks.

• Like 1

You're right that is a mind blowing theory.

It doesn't matter if one chooses to believe it or not but the idea that everyone is yourself is a good way to treat life and I can file this idea as one that I would have no problem with folk exploring.

I have had the vaguely similar idea. But my innate pessimism drove me to darker idea on God and universe, making Lovecraft universe look like a frakking Sesame Street with seafood.

And libstaK, I gotta tell you this.*snip*. Why would God bless a nation that uses depleted uranium shells when civilians are around, if He is good?!

Edited by libstaK

I have had the vaguely similar idea. But my innate pessimism drove me to darker idea on God and universe, making Lovecraft universe look like a frakking Sesame Street with seafood.

And libstaK, I gotta tell you this.*snip*. Why would God bless a nation that uses depleted uranium shells when civilians are around, if He is good?!

If you are referring to Israel I would have to say that what is being judged or punished is not determined by what we see of the situation. The people involved have a lifetime of history and all the plus and minus of good deeds that are accumulated in such scenarios, the sum of our beliefs create our reality and what we live through, it's not good or bad, it's just cause and effect. I do not think anyone is particularly blessed or punished but we can be encouraged when we oh so rarely take a good step whose ultimate outcome will benefit us and others.

Edited by libstaK

If you are referring to Israel I would have to say that what is being judged or punished is not determined by what we see of the situation. The people involved have a lifetime of history and all the plus and minus of good deeds that are accumulated in such scenarios, the sum of our beliefs create our reality and what we live through, it's not good or bad, it's just cause and effect. I do not think anyone is particularly blessed or punished but we can be encouraged when we oh so rarely take a good step whose ultimate outcome will benefit us and others.

Thanks for letting me know. You can edit things out if you want. I'll be careful.

BTW, my pessimism drove to the point that I declared myself as a maltheistic Satanist. Well, saying this in public can cause a lot of problems at least. Let me clear a few things. I believe that Satan is just a fictional archetype. Being a so-called Satan worshiper is fundamentally no different from being a fanboy for Darth Vader. Unfortunately most Satanists have very poor or tasteless sense of aesthetics and this alone can put off general population in a very fantastic way.

Now I wonder if maltheistic simulation hypothesis is really a valid one. Well, first and foremost it's too darn bleak. Maybe it's sorely my poor life situation that drove me to such conclusion. And read world news for hours during off-days can make you are very depressed person. I contemplated the possibility like OP suggested, but being an innate pessimist I couldn't accept it because it sounds too...what can I say?

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 1

I agree completely with you. I have a feeling there's more to anything we've ever known. Everything is more than black and white, there's every color of the entire color spectrum in there, because that's just how much there is to everything.

• Like 1

An interesting idea, I'd only ask why are humans so special that they get to experience this continuum? Believers tend to claim that the point of the Universe is to perfect human experience, but it makes no allowances for all the other things going on. After all, we're bound by the laws of the universe, whereas a black hole actively warps them. There are more black holes in the universe than there will ever be humans. And some physicists have suggested that what goes on inside a black hole might be a mini-universe itself. Knowing that, why are we so special?

• Like 1

cool story.. it's a mind blower alright..

Thanks for letting me know. You can edit things out if you want. I'll be careful.

BTW, my pessimism drove to the point that I declared myself as a maltheistic Satanist. Well, saying this in public can cause a lot of problems at least. Let me clear a few things. I believe that Satan is just a fictional archetype. Being a so-called Satan worshiper is fundamentally no different from being a fanboy for Darth Vader. Unfortunately most Satanists have very poor or tasteless sense of aesthetics and this alone can put off general population in a very fantastic way.

Now I wonder if maltheistic simulation hypothesis is really a valid one. Well, first and foremost it's too darn bleak. Maybe it's sorely my poor life situation that drove me to such conclusion. And read world news for hours during off-days can make you are very depressed person. I contemplated the possibility like OP suggested, but being an innate pessimist I couldn't accept it because it sounds too...what can I say?

Optimistic? Fair? I don't know about Satanism in terms of being a fanboy - it's sounds like you are latching onto something that fits into your current feelings about the world rather than really believing in it heart and soul. You will change your mind when life takes a better turn for you, but that's just my opinion, I'm not judging.

I do hope you rediscover a more contented outlook on your life, through exploration and gaining insight maybe or through better circumstances falling into your lap.

It's a nice fairy tale.

But it is just another story that revolves around the human race...everything was created "for us".

Narcissistic and egotistical; how typical of humanity.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1

Interesting read but hardly plausible. This is to say that if this were an actual truth, then only one person (that final incarnation) would be perfect enough to go on to Heaven {whilest technically NOBODY will ever go to Hell}. And considering that this is not so, according to ANY religion, then none of this would fit into any of those equasions. I won't bother with the many other reasons. I'm sure people can name plenty.

There are always various interpretations of truth and the only REAL truth is the one that leaves you without questions. Otherwise, nothing has yet been answered -as you will always circle back around to others. This is why my beliefs are so solid. I can open the bible and find nothing that contradicts nor questions my knowledge of what is true. (I won't bore you with that because it's not for me to say when you didn't ask) ...but all I am trying to say here is that it's a nice read and thought provoking but hardly something to live by. But you already know this... after all, I'm apparently talking to myself right now if it were.

It's a nice idea, but what is the point of continuing once you know "the truth"?

If this was true, and we knew it as 'incarnations' then that upsets the apple cart - so to speak. Because in the story the fact we were all the same person had to be kept hidden from us as incarnations. That was the only way we would 'grow'.

Therefore we are either at the end of our growth (assuming this is true and we now know "the truth"), or it is a deception/delusion.

Edited by Leonardo

Interesting read but hardly plausible. This is to say that if this were an actual truth, then only one person (that final incarnation) would be perfect enough to go on to Heaven {whilest technically NOBODY will ever go to Hell}. And considering that this is not so, according to ANY religion, then none of this would fit into any of those equasions. I won't bother with the many other reasons. I'm sure people can name plenty.

Well, that's not actually so. It states in the story that he has incarnated both as Hitler and the millions killed by Hitler. Therefore, there would be incarnations that would spend time in "Hell".

More to the point though, hell seems a concept that is severely misunderstood, apparently Hell is simply the grave.

There are always various interpretations of truth and the only REAL truth is the one that leaves you without questions. Otherwise, nothing has yet been answered -as you will always circle back around to others. This is why my beliefs are so solid. I can open the bible and find nothing that contradicts nor questions my knowledge of what is true. (I won't bore you with that because it's not for me to say when you didn't ask) ...but all I am trying to say here is that it's a nice read and thought provoking but hardly something to live by. But you already know this... after all, I'm apparently talking to myself right now if it were.

If you are an infant in a huge Universe experiencing what you need to mature, it makes perfect sense to constantly question - the whole point of the story again is that we will "mature" through experience.

You must be the part of me that thinks it knows what this part of myself is thinking btw, but is totally wrong.

• Like 1

Interesting thought, but what troubles me about reincarnation is that, if the purpose of reincarnation is to perfect all these souls, it isn't working, is it?

If true, it seems a flawed design by Whoever designed it. I suppose this Whoever figured we would all become perfect after a finite number of incarnations, that's why this Whoever designed the Universe to be a temporary construction.

Well, it isn't over yet, but I bet this Whoever is having second thoughts over Its plan.

• Like 1

How can you know cold, if you have never been warm?

How can you know light, without experiencing dark?

How can you know love without knowing 'lovelessness'?

Health, without infirmity?

Courage, without fear?

What the piece is saying (to me at any rate) is that the life we are living is but one small tiny aspect of life as a whole. In a sense, it is similar to the saying attributed to Jeshua: Love thy neighbor as you would yourself.

And in a poetic way, it makes perfect sense that the life entity known as "Man", would be an embryonic god in the context of the piece.

Think of a fertilized egg that splits, and divides and divides again into a multitude of cells. Billions of cells make up a human body, so why can't a billion humans make up the body of a god?

• Like 1

It's a nice fairy tale.

But it is just another story that revolves around the human race...everything was created "for us".

Narcissistic and egotistical; how typical of humanity.

So what race should we be focused on?

And aren't all mythologies fairy tales to someone?