Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Brian Topp

Ghost Hunters catch ghost light

10 posts in this topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4RtUswiCf4

The Devil's Promenade: Inside the rural Missouri town haunted by mysterious light that even Army engineers are at a loss to explain. A photographer has lifted the lid on a famously unexplained light phenomenon that appears in an area of the Missouri known as the Devil's Promenade. Locals in the Ozarks hills say they have seen the light and heard the tales of it all their lives. Credit: Youtube/tubemediacom

1 person likes this

Curious, but can't say it is paranormal. Reminds me of Brown Mountain.

Why hasn't anyone flown over/around the area in question on a night when the lights are seen, in a small plane? Armed with viewing equipment for a different vantage point.

It would be easy enough to do.

1 person likes this

Spook lights........Me,and two frends went UFO hunting one night over a decade ago in Pine Bush NYS.We were traveling down this dusty road with farm fields on both sides of it.I was driving then all of a sudden a bright orb lit up in the middle of the road about 1/4 mi ahead of us just above the road.I kept driving towards it then when we got 75 yards from it we all in unison groaned "WOW!".Then it shrunk,and winked out real quick.Then we saw headlights from another vehicle down the road,and as it past us we saw the headlights were cruddy yellowish from not being washed (not the source of the light).That same road today is lined with houses now.The light was very bright,but did not blind us,and was white with a spikey radience with the core I would say basketball size.

The light orb looked exactly like the one I encountered back in 79/80 in Patterson NJ which was related to a large UFO craft also.I will relate that story in the UFO section sometime in the future.

The vid below sorta reminds me of my Pine Bush encounter.I wonder with these spook light tales that the stories usually involve early settlers seeing them,or Native Americans knowing about them,but is that part of the legend?

While I'm not familiar with this spook light, I can be fairly comfortable saying that it has a natural explanation just like all of the other spook lights around the world.

These are: outright hoax, car headlights, aircraft, trains, and/or a Fata Morgana (superior) mirage.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This was done on "Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files" episode dubbed Paulding Lights. They did a pretty thorough investigation, and worth checking out. However, they couldn't find a source for it and it remained "unexplained" (and they were pretty thorough) I feel that this has to do with Magnatism or Electrical Fields such as the Brown Mountain lights.

(Many of you know me, and know how much I disdain these paranormal TV shows, but I thought Fact or Faked did a pretty decent job with this investigation)

Edited by ColoradoParanormal

This was done on "Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files" episode dubbed Paulding Lights. They did a pretty thorough investigation, and worth checking out. However, they couldn't find a source for it and it remained "unexplained" (and they were pretty thorough) I feel that this has to do with Magnatism or Electrical Fields such as the Brown Mountain lights.

(Many of you know me, and know how much I disdain these paranormal TV shows, but I thought Fact or Faked did a pretty decent job with this investigation)

Paulding lights.

1 person likes this

While I'm not familiar with this spook light, I can be fairly comfortable saying that it has a natural explanation just like all of the other spook lights around the world.

These are: outright hoax, car headlights, aircraft, trains, and/or a Fata Morgana (superior) mirage.

There are also reflections, dreams, hallucinations, and angelic visitations.

Thanks for sharing it. I've been there several times myself and never seen anything. I do believe people see the light though. It's origin is truly mysterious.

I keep forgetting to post here, this is times where I wish there wasa coordinates on where his was recorded. if they fid I bet we would find he light source being man made

1 person likes this

There are lots of so called ghost lights around the world. They eventually become part of the local economy and are frequently the only distinction for an otherwise unremarkable location.