Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alleged Roswell 'alien' images uncovered

UM-Bot

Keep thinking other beings don't exist you will learn.

Firstly, please explain on what basis you are making that claim about posters here? WHO said those words? And is the '..you will learn..' indicative of an (unjustified) superiority complex? Sure sounds like it.

I believe there is other life out there, and I don't think anyone posting here thinks otherwise. But I don't credibly and gullibly accept any old dreck.

All that are so quick to say fake live in a it's only us mindstate,

No, they don't - so drop the attitude. Fakery is common in this field - if you have something you would like discussed, please feel free to post it. But here we don't even have the images - how laughable that you would defend something that hasn't even been shown (and likely never will)...

stop stuffing your heads with thought calories

Yeah, we don't want serious thought to be applied - just jump right in and believe!!!!

and digest some reality.

Maybe you should learn about how to detect reality...

There are some things not meant to be explained but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Like the others - I too would like to hear you tell us in detail about these things, namely:

1. How have you discerned/catalogued/perceived/decided upon these things "not meant to be explained"

2. Can you give your reasoning on why they must not be explained, in detail.

I can't wait to discuss this fascinating topic in the sort of proper logical fashion it clearly deserves...

And to BigBadVoodoo (formerly 'the L' - why keep changing your name as well as avatar?), I think you should:

1. Check mirror and look at the stuff you have posted lately.

2. Can you elaborate on what was the point of this thread, and what useful stuff we have learned/seen?

• Like 1

Keep thinking other beings don't exist you will learn.All that are so quick to say fake live in a it's only us mindstate, stop stuffing your heads with thought calories and digest some reality.There are some things not meant to be explained but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

"I Doubt Nothing" says your signature under your avatar.

Do I presume then that you don't doubt the arrant nonsense of your own posts? Good to know.

incidentally - before you trot out a claim of "you don't believe in aliens you hater" or whatever as a dismissal - I do believe in aliens. I believe the universe is so chock-a-block with life that we're so cosmically unimportant that noone would want to even consider visiting us here on Earth.

<snip>

incidentally - before you trot out a claim of "you don't believe in aliens you hater" or whatever as a dismissal - I do believe in aliens. I believe the universe is so chock-a-block with life that we're so cosmically unimportant that noone would want to even consider visiting us here on Earth.

Oh, the heresy :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

Keep thinking other beings don't exist.

But other beings do exist. They really do. I see them every day. Big ones and little ones and noisy ones and quiet ones and multiple genders and multiple races and even hybrids. Lots of different hybrids. It's you who has to get out more and really see what's going on.

Where'd slaughtr go? Some questions are awaiting you, slaught..

• Like 1

Where'd slaughtr go? Some questions are awaiting you, slaught..

Where he normally goes, I would surmise. Into hiding only to pop up at some other random time in some other random thread with some random rant....

Cheers,

Badeskov

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest without them putting the photos in front of the world for all to see / scrutinize / verify....this is just another glory hound.....same as the guy down our pub who says he was SAS, but he isn't supposed to talk about it....

Roswell is little more than a revenue stream for Stanton Friedman. After inventing much of the story in 1978, he has written books and engaged in paid public speaking as a UFO expert. The original story and the version told after 1978 are quite different. Friedman attributes that to his detective work. I have no doubt his efforts are the cause but for very different reasons.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 3

And coincidentally he has a book to promote. What were the odds of that?

All too often UFO stories turn into livelihoods for the people who tell them. There are even national UFO conventions where people gather not to hear evidence but to pay lots of money to listen to speakers tell the same or new stories in person. Of course there are books, t-shirts, and other silly merchandise to buy. Lots of money changes hands but the world moves no closer to compelling evidence. UFOs are big business for those devious enough to take advantage of believers. They are really easy targets after all.

Edited by sinewave

And coincidentally he has a book to promote. What were the odds of that?

All too often UFO stories turn into livelihoods for the people who tell them. There are even national UFO conventions where people gather not to hear evidence but to pay lots of money to listen to speakers tell the same or new stories in person. Of course there are books, t-shirts, and other silly merchandise to buy. Lots of money changes hands but the world moves no closer to compelling evidence. UFOs are big business for those devious enough to take advantage of believers.

Problem is, Chase Brandon isn't the only one making these kinds of claims.

Problem is, Chase Brandon isn't the only one making these kinds of claims.

So 66 years later he feels compelled to tell his story?

So 66 years later he feels compelled to tell his story?

How do you know it was 65 years later?

He said he found a box with documents in at at Langley. He never claimed to had been there.

• Like 1

How do you know it was 65 years later?

He said he found a box with documents in at at Langley. He never claimed to had been there.

And where are the documents? Without them and some verified provenance this is yet another anecdote.

And where are the documents? Without them and some verified provenance this is yet another anecdote.

Agreed. But that doesn't rule out the fact this guy was a 35+ year agent of the CIA and is making these claims. That's worth something. At least in my book.

The original story told by the family who owned the land described the debris in a way that was very consistent with the materials used by the Air Force to make high altitude listening devices. Those devices where used to detect the sounds of Soviet nuclear tests. The family gathered the debris and held onto it for nearly 48 hours before reporting it. There were no mentions of large bits of wreckage or bodies. Those details did not appear in the story until after 1978 when Friedman started his second career.

• Like 1

The original story told by the family who owned the land described the debris in a way that was very consistent with the materials used by the Air Force to make high altitude listening devices. Those devices where used to detect the sounds of Soviet nuclear tests. The family gathered the debris and held onto it for nearly 48 hours before reporting it. There were no mentions of large bits of wreckage or bodies. Those details did not appear in the story until after 1978 when Friedman started his second career.

And what about Marcel's claims?

Agreed. But that doesn't rule out the fact this guy was a 35+ year agent of the CIA and is making these claims. That's worth something. At least in my book.

The perceived credibility of the witness does not make an anecdote any more believable without evidence.

And what about Marcel's claims?

The first Marcel claim or the ones made well after the fact?

The report made by the Brazel family accurately described the balloons that were actively being launched as the data gathering phase of Project Mogul around the time of the alleged incident. The balloons were launched from nearby Alamogordo and were routinely retrieved from the surrounding area. The local press grabbed the story because of the recent alleged sightings of "flying saucers" in Washington state and made a flashy headline out of it. Mogul was classified top secret so the Air Force had to tread lightly with its explanation. Many saw this (and still do) as evasiveness and consider it to be a cover-up. In a way it is but not for the reasons popularly believed.

Later on, sensationalist authors turned the story into the legend it is today complete with smoking wreckage and alien bodies.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 2