Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PetriFB

Religion is not Biblical thing

7 posts in this topic

Religion and religious beliefs are not the same.

I think the problem is that religious books are too complex, too ambiguous and therefore lend themselves to interpretation. For instance, as the link states, Catholics and Jehovah Witnesses interpret the New Testament differently.

I've always wondered why there are four Gospels and not one Gospel? Why not one unambiguous, easy to understand Gospel written simply that would no lend itself to interpretation? Surely God would have thought of this.

Different interpretations create different religious sects in the sense that the OP states. However, Biblical faith will be just as diverse as the various religious dogmas. With the Book that exists, I don't see the possibility of any unity of belief or faith.

2 people like this

Obviously. Seeing as religion existed for thousands of years before the Bible was written.

1 person likes this

The Bible is about belief in a supreme being is it not? De Nile is a river in Egypt. It is like people who tell me they aren't Christians and yet they believe Jesus died on a cross and arose from the dead. Yet that is the definition of a Christian. What the Bible is, is an old book about a god and his people on which many different religions are founded on.

re·li·gion

riˈlijən/

noun

noun: religion

the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.

"ideas about the relationship between science and religion" synonyms: faith, belief, worship, creed; More

https://www.google.com/search?q=religion+definition&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

I agree!

relion = blind faith

Biblical faith = believing fictional books

2 people like this

Yes the way to become a powerful person...

is to gain wisdom about many things..

as a Wizard... I learn more everyday.

Once you see things clearly...

well life gets so much better!

To me most commercial religions...

make people feel.. depressed , powerless...

and dependent.. and enslaved... to their leaders...

or masters...

True beauty and freedom in in nature and the magic of the earth and nature..

and the unlimited potential of our minds and souls.....