Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pictured: Undersea Alien Creatures

Still Waters

It's said that we know more about the surface of the moon than our own oceans, and the same may be true of the lifeforms that inhabit them. Cold seawater and unfathomable pressures create alien landscapes populated by creatures as strange as they are beautiful.

http://www.wired.com...lien-lifeforms/

• Like 2

I found this!

What comes to your mind when you see this:

(I tried to include the picture but this thread wouldn't allow it. So, just click on the link to the story and the picture is the first thing you'll see)

COOKIE MONSTER!!!

"Talk about a sea monster!

This underwater Cookie Monster is actually a trio of purple sea sponges (Alpysina archeri) that have fused together to form a strong resemblance to the perennially hungry Muppet.

Photographer Mauricio Handler stumbled across this "Cookie Monster of the sea" while on a diving trip to Curacao in the Caribbean, and could not resist taking a few shots.

"Usually I do more serious work with dolphins, whales and sharks, but this was just fun," he told the Los Angeles Times.

The Cookie Monster sponge is about 3 feet tall and squishy to the touch. According to Handler, you could easily close its gaping "mouth" by squeezing it between your thumb and forefinger.

Like other sponges, these guys will spend their life anchored to a single spot, keeping a constant flow of water moving through their bodies and filtering out food.

If it could talk, I think it would say "C is for crustacean!" Or maybe, "Me love PLANKTON!"

[source: http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-cookie-monster-sea-sponge-20130926,0,1603874.story ]

And is it bad of me to get hungry when looking at it? Cooooookiesssss :clap: