Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rand Paul Offers Glimmer of Hope

Kowalski

Amid endless bleating, blame and finger pointing from both Democrats and Republicans regarding the government shutdown, Kentucky Senator Rand Paul stepped up this morning and offered a solution to open up the government again and reinvigorate negotiations over funding.

Paul told CNN hosts that he wants to see a short-term funding measure “to keep the government open while we negotiate.”

“I think what we could do is pass a very short term, maybe not six weeks, but what about one week, so we could negotiate over a week,” Paul said.

“I think a continuing bill to keep the government open while we negotiate is a good idea. I do agree that negotiating with the government closed probably to [Democrats] appears like strong-arm tactics.” The Senator added.

Link to video:

Sounds like a very good idea.

Edited by Burt Gummer
  • Like 2

Makes sense to me

• Like 1

Right now the Republicans are proposing to keep certain parts of the government paid and open. Don't know if the Democrats will go for it though. Obama has taken a "we don't negotiate with house burners stance" :rolls eyes:

Obama is coming across like "respect my authorit-AH"......

Link: http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=gx4jn77VKlQ

LOL

And let the 2016 presidential campaigning begin in 3... 2... 1... now!

• Like 1

And let the 2016 presidential campaigning begin in 3... 2... 1... now!

I heard Jesse Ventura announced he is making a run.

• Like 1

This is my head. This is my. 38 special..... BANG!!!!!!....................................................

• Like 1

And Howard Stern is running as his vice president, I heard. Ought to be interesting.....

It makes sense to me, the way Ventura explained it. Stern brings in 100 million listeners, and Ventura doesn't want to be funded by big corporations, which is the way it should be. The People should fund the candidates they believe in.

I know Stern is a shock jock, but if he believes in individual liberty, and smaller government.... Hey, I can support that! :tu:

The 2016 elections should be interesting. :yes:

• Like 1

no. there is nothing to "negotiate". The House just needs to pass the clean CR.