Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does one Do, in Heaven?

Jodie.Lynne

I'd like to see what the folk here believe heaven is like, and what "life" there would be like, according to the various belief systems we have. And although I am using the generic term 'heaven', please feel free to substitute whatever term you feel comfortable with (Valhalla, paradise, etc. ) engage!

• Like 1

Try and find the doorway back ?

• Like 1

I'm not a big fan of Heaven, but if it exists I think our spirit or soul only would exist there, not our personalities. Our spirit or soul would become one with God, and that would be nice. In this sense, our spirit or soul would not 'do' anything, it would be enraptured within God's presence.

• Like 2

Because I believe in astrology in that the planets are conditions that effect us, I believe the same as StarMountainKid, that personality goes away while spirit/soul or both stay after death. I'm leaning more towards reincarnation, but if there's something beyond it, astral realm or something beyond that... hard to say. Perhaps some residue of our personality might rub on to us, to the parts of us that stay after death, who knows... I think they might. But what we do in the ultimate place we arrive if there's one?

I believe we'd choose what we do. Much like what all angels chose to do in the bible, but not so simplified reasons and outcomes. Just have to wonder where's the end of it all, when will you really hit the roof. Our awareness may reach new vistas, as well as what we can do, but do the basic things still change? Perhaps we can choose to end our existence and become part of something bigger than us, dissolve ourselves totally to it, or keep on living however we do, a choise.

I recommend a book named simply "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn. It's one of the books that have altered my view of this world, and the next.

I believe in the biblical heaven, but I cannot tell you what we will "do" there. The Bible gives us several visions and parables, but at the end of the day no human analogy is sufficient. What it boils down to is that I don't know what heaven well be like but I know my God well be there, and that's enough for me eagerly anticipate it.

I'm comfortable with that :)

• Like 2

Well there's whist, and cribbage and cricket.

Ohh and golf. Lots of golf.

• Like 3

I've got a few questions to ask Himself, if I ever get there,which I doubt, as I haven't enough Brownie points.

• Like 2

The thing that worries me about the Christian idea of Heaven is that it is forever, but all that time one must stay absolutely perfect, no stray evil thoughts even, or pop it's off to Hell, since one has already cashed in the Jesus chip.

• Like 1

Why do all religeons state that if you arn't a member of their cause, you will go to Hell. :nw:

• Like 1

Why do all religeons state that if you arn't a member of their cause, you will go to Hell. :nw:

Religions have a natural selection sort of competition, and if they don't say that they are at a disadvantage to those who do in holding people,

I've always wondered this. If it is for eternity wouldn't one get bored? Or are we free from any emotions and thought processes like that? What exactly is heaven's it a big bright place full of clouds? Do we have a body or are we just some floating energy/soul thing. Do we see or do we even have eyes? Is heaven the gateway to all knowledge? Are we free to roam the galaxy or universe?

So many questions and hopefully one day we will get to find out.

• Like 1

Heavenly stuff

I've always wondered this. If it is for eternity wouldn't one get bored? Or are we free from any emotions and thought processes like that? What exactly is heaven's it a big bright place full of clouds? Do we have a body or are we just some floating energy/soul thing. Do we see or do we even have eyes? Is heaven the gateway to all knowledge? Are we free to roam the galaxy or universe?

So many questions and hopefully one day we will get to find out.

Being bored is less than being perfect: off to Hell.
  • Like 1

Well there's whist, and cribbage and cricket.

Ohh and golf. Lots of golf.

Of course there will be Cricket and we really might be playing for the Ashes, lol. Sorry I couldn’t help the pun. Looking ahead to November perhaps England will lose this time. take care.

Dark. Nothingness. Complete unawareness. Sounds perfect to me.

Any other concept of eternity cheapens the real life.

Most importantly no harp music.

Yes, enlightened one (for such you plainly are to give up the idea of individual eternity), for sure no harm music. No. I like harp music, at least live (recordings lose the deep reverberations in your bones).

The question of whether or not death gives life meaning is the issue; if one lives forever does existence lose meaning? For sure death imposes a certain focus.

• Like 1

That's my view also ,this question has been raised on here before and no one has provided an answer ,simply because no one knows ,even the believers can't answer it ,they just seem to be striving for a prize but what that prize is they don't know,they don't even know if there is a prize to be won and there are so many religions to follow, they have no guarantee they have chosen the right one to attain the prize.Yet they have invested their lives in trying

fullywired

But what if it's Jimi Hendrix on the harp?

• Like 1

Judaism does not state this.

I like to think of it like the party Snoop Dogg described in Gin & Juice.

Except while everyone in Heaven "got dey cup", they do "chip in".

Since no one knows anything much about Heaven, and there is no proof there is a Heaven, what if a technology were developed that when you die, your brain's neurological circuits are restarted and preserved perhaps biologically or uploaded into a computer so that you experience a heaven of your choice?

I wrote a little story about this in my blog, "The Heavens":

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=1283&st=10

Since no one knows anything much about Heaven, and there is no proof there is a Heaven, what if a technology were developed that when you die, your brain's neurological circuits are restarted and preserved perhaps biologically or uploaded into a computer so that you experience a heaven of your choice?

Rent "Vanilla Sky".