Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird thing happened to me

CatFromHell

About a year ago Myself and my partner went to see a band in Birmingham, A city we've never been to before. We got there early and decided to find a pub close to the venue. My partner pointed out a pub across the road and immediately i just knew I didn't want to go in there, But it was the only pub open at that time so in we went. As soon as we got in there, I felt uncomfortable and just wanted to get out as soon as possible, I didn't know why but the place just had a really horrible feeling, There were some locals in there but it wasn't them that bothered or intimidated me, It was weird. My boyfriend admitted he felt uneasy in there too but didn't quite know why so we finished up and left and i thought no more of it. The weird thing is, About a month later I was on my way to work and popped into the shop to get some change for the bus and picked up a newspaper. Now I rarely buy a newspaper, And this newspaper i picked up was not one I would normally choose to buy, But for some reason i picked it up. Later on at work, I was reading the paper when i came across an article. It was a letter written by a murdered woman's daughter to the murderer, The woman's mother had been staying at a pub in birmingham and had been abducted and murdered by a barman 9 years ago. At the end of the letter she mentioned the name of the pub, It was the pub my partner and I had been in. I'm not trying to make out i'm psychic or anything like that but it was such a weird coincidence. As I said, I'd never visited Birmingham before or i would say maybe i'd subconsciously remember reading about the murder, Maybe that is what happened? Maybe i read about it some 9 years ago and my brain somehow remembered the name of the pub? But why did I buy that newspaper on the day that letter was published? It feels a bit disrespectful to post a link to the letter but seeing as it was published in a tabloid i suppose it's ok.

http://www.mirror.co...-martin-1460205

The murderer was only sentenced last year so its possible i could have read about it more recently but i honestly don't remember reading about it before visiting Birmingham, And it would not have reached the national news anyway, Just the local news, And as i said, I rarely read the newspapers and I never watch the news. I'm guessing it was just a coincidence but it was a hell of a coincidence all the same.

Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing
  • Like 1

Weird and sad, but surely a coincidence nonetheless. On the positive side, now you have a story you can tell when you go camping or perhaps to your grand-kids someday...

I came to the same conclusion really but it didn't explain why We both felt so weird in that pub, As I said, Maybe subconsciously I remembered reading about or hearing about it. And camping? Nah mate :yes: Like my home comforts too much.

Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing
  • Like 1

Okay, let me ask: in what way exactly, did you guys feel weird in that pub? Sure it was nothing about the patrons? (like were they all not dressed in hooded robes or anything)? Or perhaps you just got some negative 'vibes' about that place or something? I feel weird when I'm constipated, just saying...

Okay, let me ask: in what way exactly, did you guys feel weird in that pub? Sure it was nothing about the patrons? (like were they all not dressed in hooded robes or anything)? Or perhaps you just got some negative 'vibes' about that place or something? I feel weird when I'm constipated, just saying...

Nothing about the patrons, Or the fact we were in a strange city, In fact i've felt more intimidated going out in my home town many times before. I can't vouch for my partner but I felt quite depressed whilst in there, Which I know sounds weird, But I just did. We were there for a night out and in a good mood when as soon as I even saw this pub, My mood dropped, As did my partners from what I could tell. As soon as we got out of there I felt ok again and my partner seemed to be in a better mood. And neither of us were constipated.

• Like 1

Nothing about the patrons, Or the fact we were in a strange city, In fact i've felt more intimidated going out in my home town many times before. I can't vouch for my partner but I felt quite depressed whilst in there, Which I know sounds weird, But I just did. We were there for a night out and in a good mood when as soon as I even saw this pub, My mood dropped, As did my partners from what I could tell. As soon as we got out of there I felt ok again and my partner seemed to be in a better mood. And neither of us were constipated.

Oookey, I think I get it now. But could it be that, some places are possibly just plain evil and spooky? (like in a Scooby Doo mystery, lol). I don't know... Either way, I don't think your story can be otherwise explained, however it can be accepted to be just a random coincidence albeit being peculiarly strange, no? B)

Oookey, I think I get it now. But could it be that, some places are possibly just plain evil and spooky? (like in a Scooby Doo mystery, lol). I don't know... Either way, I don't think your story can be otherwise explained, however it can be accepted to be just a random coincidence albeit being peculiarly strange, no? B)

Yeah i suppose thats the way to look at it, I'd say the place had a sad feeling to it, Although we didn't know why. Maybe because this horrible incident happened there, The place has somehow retained that feeling, If that makes sense. ISadly scooby doo didn't make an appearance, Although we did meet a midget who offered us a cigarette in exchange for minding his drink whilst he went for a smoke. Didn't have the heart to tell him smoking stunts your growth, Lol, . Maybe as a result of whats happened the pub has become a bit abandoned in recent years and that added to it, I did get the feeling it used to be quite a lively place as it was on a busy road and one of the biggest pubs there, Yet hardly anyone was in there on a busy friday afternoon/evening. Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing
  • Like 1

Bars can be places that attract certain kinds of..... Things. Sensitive people should stay away from them.

• Like 1

Bars can be places that attract certain kinds of..... Things. Sensitive people should stay away from them.

Yeah, but people could go into a bar being all sensitive but come out wearing a metaphorical rhino-skin and feeling like Superman. Try mixing Taquilla with beer, I'm sure you'll understand. And yeah sometimes bars can attract strange....'things'. Once I went into one where I was greeted by Captain Hook, an Evil Witch, and one of Cinderella's Ugly Sister. No wait... that was a dream where I was Shrek.

Okay forget what I just said... but the bottom line is, it doesn't really matter, if people choose to drink they should feel free to go into a bar and have a good time. :yes:

Yeah, but people could go into a bar being all sensitive but come out wearing a metaphorical rhino-skin and feeling like Superman. Try mixing Taquilla with beer, I'm sure you'll understand. And yeah sometimes bars can attract strange....'things'. Once I went into one where I was greeted by Captain Hook, an Evil Witch, and one of Cinderella's Ugly Sister. No wait... that was a dream where I was Shrek.

Okay forget what I just said... but the bottom line is, it doesn't really matter, if people choose to drink they should feel free to go into a bar and have a good time. :yes:

Indeed..... Simply be aware that if you choose identify yourself with a watering hole, be mindful of the gators and lions. ;)

• 2 months later...

I remember reading a similar account about a woman who went for a walk and had a vision that someone had been murdered in the area. She picked up on the event and went to the police and it turned out that her vision was accurate. So accurate, in fact, that she was accused of the crime! It took her forever to prove that she was innocent and she said she'd never report another vision again to the police.

The fact that this event happened to both you, and to this lady, makes me wonder if sometimes an event. . . maybe creates a vibration that sentitive people can pick up on? I'm not sure that it's 'psychic' as much as being able to pick up on energy. Maybe you and the woman who was killed were similar and you would have liked her. Or maybe what happend to her could have happend to you as well, because you're similar. I dunno, but there's got to be a reason why we pick up on SOME things around us, but sort of filter out other things.

Edited by Cheesepuff