Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Still Waters

Why you're a night owl or a lark

5 posts in this topic

They say the early bird catches the worm, but night owls may be missing far more than just a tasty snack. Researchers have discovered the first physical evidence of structural brain differences that distinguish early risers from people who like to stay up late. The differences might help to explain why night owls seem to be at greater risk of depression.

Around 10 per cent of people qualify as morning people or larks, and a further 20 per cent are night owls – with the rest of us falling somewhere in between. Your lark or night owl status is called your chronotype.

http://www.newscient...ml#.UkyLz1O90dU

As a night owl myself, I really don't want to resync my sleeping/waking times. I'm much happier and productive if I can be on the night owl schedule - up till 2 or 3am (or later) and sleep till noon. Or later.

My night-owliness is a preferred choice.

Somehow my brain is more alert during night time.

Larks? Night owls? I'm more of a Koala! "Because they get so little energy from their diet, koalas must limit their energy use and sleep 20 hours a day" (Wicki)