Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
coriverson

A ghostly me

7 posts in this topic

My brother who lives a couple of states away, stayed over night at my house the other day. I was to wake him at 6 am whenever I got up for work. It was 5 am and I was half asleep. I was awakened to hear my brother calling out. He said "What do you want?" A short pause and then he said my name. I could tell he wasn't all the way awake so I figured he was just dreaming. When I finally got up to wake him, I found that the light was on and my brother was already up watching tv. He said that he saw me open the door, and I just stood there in silence and then I turned around and closed the door without a sound. I told him it wasn't me and he just reasoned that he was dreaming, but I could tell he was startled.

I was kind of worried it might be some type of bad omen like the grim reaper. I got a call from my brother and he said he had nice trip back and joked about his early wake call from beyond, but he wasn't laughing that morning. I don't really consider my house to be haunted. I just wonder if it was some kind of ghost or a dream.

My brother who lives a couple of states away, stayed over night at my house the other day. I was to wake him at 6 am whenever I got up for work. It was 5 am and I was half asleep. I was awakened to hear my brother calling out. He said "What do you want?" A short pause and then he said my name. I could tell he wasn't all the way awake so I figured he was just dreaming. When I finally got up to wake him, I found that the light was on and my brother was already up watching tv. He said that he saw me open the door, and I just stood there in silence and then I turned around and closed the door without a sound. I told him it wasn't me and he just reasoned that he was dreaming, but I could tell he was startled.

I was kind of worried it might be some type of bad omen like the grim reaper. I got a call from my brother and he said he had nice trip back and joked about his early wake call from beyond, but he wasn't laughing that morning. I don't really consider my house to be haunted. I just wonder if it was some kind of ghost or a dream.

Maybe sleep paralysis, i suffer from it time to time

That was interesting. Just to tell us that makes you think about that phase between sleeping/waking and the twilight hours. Do you sleep walk? I think Brian Topp could be onto something.

The fact that it happened when you were still half-asleep makes me think it was some sort of hypnopompic hallucination. I once woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and when walking towards the bathroom, saw my brother sitting on a chair, dead with his throat slit. For some reason it didn't bother me. I used the bathroom and went back to bed. It was quite vivid to me. I lay down in bed, roused myself into a wakeful state and couldn't decide whether I'd dreamed the incident or had gone to the bathroom while still half asleep and hallucinated it.

1 person likes this

Ever heard of doppelgangers? Wiki link for a quick explaination http://en.wikipedia....i/Doppelgänger.

But I believe it may have been a doppelganger, because my brother has had 2 experiences with two different dopplegangers.

The first time me and my mum were on the couch in the lounge room watching t.v around 10 at night, she got up to get something from her room and while she was in there my brother come out of his room and walked out into the kitchen (which lead to the back yard). About a minute later and my mum had then returned he walked into the lounge room looking confused and asked my mum how she got there. Curious about what he was talking about, she asked him what did he mean, he said that he followed our "mum" and said she went out into the backyard (I think I am glad he didn't follow, haven't heard of any malicious activity from them but still, it seemed to be trying to lead him into the backyard or something). Both she and I confirmed that she just returned from her room.

Now this experience could be caused by some sort of waking dream state or something because he had just woken up but this next one I can not explain.

The second time he saw a doppelganger was when we moved to our current house. It was around late evening (I'd guess around 7-8 pm), this time my mum and brother were in the lounge room watching t.v, I was upstairs just finished a shower, came down and he looked straight at me confused, I asked him what was up and he said that he had just seen my out the back walking to my room from the direction of the back gate. (I used to walk around the house constantly topless) he said it looked exactly like me, topless and all.

These are just 2 of my stories, Both my mum and I a very spiritual and there is a history with my current house that freaks out EVERYONE we tell it to (even the most spiritual people we know). My brother doesn't quite believe in it. Even after these experiences

If anyone wants a post on the history of the house (very strange) i'll be more than happy to post it.

Anyway OP hope this might have been helpful

Edited by IBelieveWhatIWant

I'm with Brian. I think it was you sleep walking perhaps? My daughter does this. She goes to bed, sleeps soundly, then will get up, eyes open, wander down to the lounge where I'm watching tv. Sit down next to me and only respond with nods and smiles (no talking). I'll say "are you asleep?' and she may nod or usually doesn't respond much. I have to gently lead her back to her bed, tuck her in and her eyes close and alls well. She used to have night terrors as a tot and they were vivid and scary so maybe it's the way she's wired.

I slept walked when I was in hospital and just given birth. In my dream I heard my husband's voice outside my door and I went running to the hall yelling "I'm here, I'm here!" and then a nurse found me frantically heading towards the babies at the nurse's station because one was crying and I thought it was my daughter. She stopped me before I snaffled the poor thing to breast feed it, lol. (My baby was fast asleep in my room all this time) and kind of shook me awake. I didn't know where I was for a minute and then the nurse told me off as I hadn't put my slippers on. That's when I realised I had been asleep as there is NO Way I would have walked around in bare feet. I apologised and went sheepishly back to my room. I think by her waking me in the middle of it, meant I remembered it all very clearly.

It was all very weird (and embarrassing) but not ghostly. Well, my experiences anyway.

1 person likes this