Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

why god has a place for athists in heaven..-

danielost

Frankly I'd prefer non-existence to Christian versions of Heaven. I wouldn't want to live in a totalitarian state in my temporal life so why would I want to live in one in my intemporal life?

• Like 4

If you get the gold ring you become god.

If you get the silver ring you live under god's rule.

If you get the copper ring you live under christ's rule.

If you get the bronze you live under the holy ghosts rule.

If you fail to get a ring you live under cain's rule.

The heaven that most christians talk about is really paradise(garden of eden). This is where those who did good wait for the end of time. This is where the one theif went.

The hell that most christians talk about is hell(it has nother name but I forget it). This is where all the bad souls go to wait for the end of time. Well there they learn about christ and god. If a living relitive, is baptised in his/her name they can except it or turn it down.

All are saved through christ. But there are three levels to heaven. God rules over level one, christ rules over level two, and the holy ghost rules over level three.

Thiey are named in romans. But I can't spell them. Sorry.

Remember christ said all are saved through him, no work needed. But, if that is all you want that is all you get.

Sorry, that's just not biblical, and not at all the implication of 1 Corinthians 15 (thank you for citing a reference). And certainly does not equate to gold/silver/bronze/copper rings as a ranking system for God's Kingdom (I'm assuming this idea of being ruled by God or Christ or Spirit or Cain comes from Joseph Smith, since it's certainly not in the Bible).
  • Like 1

"Why God has a place for atheists in heaven?" He doesn't. Heaven is not a place for one to get into. According to Jesus himself, Heaven is an exoteric state of mind we are supposed to invite into ourselves. Read Luke 17:21. Therefore, God does not have a place for no one in Heaven. Rather we must offer ourselves as a place for Heaven here on earth.

• Like 1

I would read the whole book of romans

http://www.kingjames...chapter=&verse=

That's a bit patronizing. I've read Romans (and the other biblical books) many times each. I'm still awaiting publication of the "17th chapter" of Romans.

So now that you've cited 1 Corinthians 15:41, how do you correlate "Father, Son and Holy Spirit" to the "sun, moon and stars?" Can you give us some insight into how you choose your sources, how you make your unique--or idiosyncratic--interpretations thereof, and how they fit into a coherent theology or spirituality?

Are these original perceptions, or are you working from some secondary texts of commentary or tertiary human traditions not burdened by roots in scripture?

Atheists are about the most vilified of all when it comes to varieties of opinion about God, so it stands to reason God would like them -- he likes those who are persecuted from what I've been told.

• Like 4

I like the idea of levels. It makes heaven seem like a video game. That's fairly easy to understand. Though I suspect just knowing you go to heaven for good deeds sort of taints the deed even if you were going to do it anyway.

I just don't see how there can be levels of paradise. Paradise is paradise.

I don't know about "levels" that sounds like distinctly "judgemental thinking - but I often ponder about the below, if there are many rooms there must be a great deal of variety of folk who "have a place prepared for them". ;)

John 14:2

"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. 2"In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3"If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.…

All I can gather from the above that MIGHT be discriminatory is that Jesus will have his where he is, that does not account for all the other rooms of the house though, just putting that out there.

Edited by libstaK

Atheists are about the most vilified of all when it comes to varieties of opinion about God, so it stands to reason God would like them -- he likes those who are persecuted from what I've been told.

If you are correct, God must love the Jewish People who have been persecuted throughout History for Jesus' sake. (Mat.5:11) Now, that atheists are persecuted it is new to me.

It isn't the athiest being persacuted it is the chritians who are. Christians must give athiest and others the freedom of religion by not displaying theirs in public.

The only one's he likes are the one's who are persecuted for his gain, he get's nothing from us atheists.

It isn't the athiest being persacuted it is the chritians who are. Christians must give athiest and others the freedom of religion by not displaying theirs in public.

Which country is that in?

The only one's he likes are the one's who are persecuted for his gain, he get's nothing from us atheists.

What could you do for the dead? Jesus has been dead for 2000 years, unless by faith you believe that he is still alive. Is that your view? Anyway, what can any one get from atheists if they don't have any thing to give? I have been trying them for a long time to get an answer to my questions and they know nothing.

2195166_700b.jpg

Some Christians are indeed like that. But not all. But in all fairness, not all non-religious people are as understanding as the non-religious person in the fifth cartoon slide. I've mentioned to non-religious people that when I have kids I'm going to teach them that Christianity is true. In response I've been told I'm wrong for doing that, that I shouldn't teach them that. I've been called brainwashed and (potentially) mentally ill for believing as I do.

And I'm not talking about online discussion only in some areas. A work colleague told me I was brainwashed and potentially mentally ill, and I hasn't even mentioned my faith to him before - he asked me what I believed. At the time I was helping out with my church youth group, leading three Senior Boys (15-17 years old). I was told I was wrong and should be stopped from indoctrinating teenagers.

But as with the cartoon religious person, not all non-religious people are like that either. But it's dishonest (IMO) to use a cartoon that pits an intolerant representative of one world view and compare it to a tolerant representative of another group, as if they are the only versions out there.

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 2

Three roads: good works, right belief, and grace?

The problem though is that you have missed Isaiah 46:5. The Almighty cannot be compared with any one or any thing else. Similes don't work with God as if Eternity could be compared with temporality.

Edited by Ben Masada

2195166_700b.jpg

I have an answer to the question in the last cartoon: "Why are you waging a war against Christianity?" Simply as a self-defense measure against the war Christianity has been waging against Judaism throughout History since the very first day the NT was printed down as a book for circulation. As a result we have lost millions of our People by means of pogroms, blood libels, Crusades, Inquisition, the Holocaust and last but not least the war through the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology which is an attempt to erase Judaism from the face of the earth.

So I guess I'm not going to get the corner room with the spa?

• Like 1

Nah, you'll be bunked in the servant's quarters with me and a whole lot of others.

It'll be cool though; we have a karaoke machine :)

I will be. There too.

Oh don't mark yourself short; you will be a god with your own planet to administer.
  • Like 1

Says christ. That was his whole message all would return to heaven. Well almost all.

Screw the rest!

So long as I have an in-suite bathroom I'll be happy. Even a WC will be ok so long as its mine.