Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cyprus UFO filmed, changes direction

seeder

In the UFO news recently is this sighting from Cyprus.

quote:

As i was walking around my neighborhood on September 27th 2013 i saw this strange light hovering on the sky which also changed colors to green. At first i thought it was a plane but as it got closer this thing was quite big and was hovering on the sky for about an hour and 5 minutes.

Go full-screen!!

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiLNBUMh4E8[/media]

Edited by seeder

he says "was hovering on the sky for about an hour and 5 minutes"... and yet he made a one minute clip? If I saw something hovering about in the sky id film as long as it lasted...

Its possible whatever device was used here, the owner didn't have much memory time is a possibility.

Very interesting

Edited by qxcontinuum

Very interesting

yes Its also good he got the shot of the moon/bright star in too, and the trees, that way you can see the direction change with reference to the other objects

Hmm... well if I did have to go with a terrestrial object, I'd say helicopter, but the video is way to short to conclude. Its a bloody ball of light.

Although, to this guys credit, he did keep the object in frame the whole time! Congratulations dude!

Not if it is coming from a far trajectory. It will be seen initially smaller up north (the longest view point) then increasingly bigger as the distance is shortening.., I am living close to Person's airport in Toronto

. I can see planes missing their landing every day and they need to perform a complete rotation.

post-141791-0-37853600-1380908497_thumb.

Edited by qxcontinuum

Hmm... well if I did have to go with a terrestrial object, I'd say helicopter, but the video is way to short to conclude. Its a bloody ball of light.

Although, to this guys credit, he did keep the object in frame the whole time! Congratulations dude!

and no zooming too!! always a bonus when someone just films without zooming back and forth - in and out of focus...and wasting precious seconds of film

Man made ! Man Flown,nuff said. :tu:

But He did Keep Looking and tapeing

Man made ! Man Flown,nuff said. :tu:

But He did Keep Looking and tapeing

I think another big clue is the location, Limassol is of course a tourist town. I haven't been for over 12 years but when i was there - I saw blimps advertising night clubs etc, (but the type on a wire not the ones freely flying about). Then theres the UK army post at Akrotiri, again in Limassol, which of course have planes and choppers

It's that wandering planet Venus again!

When will that planet finally decide where it belongs and keep still?

:blush:

And again (I bore myself saying this) if it was there for over an hour... and he only filmed a minutes worth, why on earth did he not then drive CLOSER to it, then film it again, then attempt to get even closer and film it again. Eventually he would either be directly under it and getting a clear and detailed view of it, or it would fly off, either way he would have a LOT more footage and each clip increasingly closer and detailed than the last.

And again (I bore myself saying this) if it was there for over an hour... and he only filmed a minutes worth, why on earth did he not then drive CLOSER to it, then film it again, then attempt to get even closer and film it again. Eventually he would either be directly under it and getting a clear and detailed view of it, or it would fly off, either way he would have a LOT more footage and each clip increasingly closer and detailed than the last.

Maybe it was over the sea? That would certainly put the kybosh on jumping into his 4x4!

and its a tourist town, ie: Every tourist has a camera, even if only on their phone, and no-one else saw it?

• Like 1

And no one else in a town of 191,000 people bothered to take a photo or report this.

Likely something completely ordinary based on that apparent fact.

Ive just been on Cyprus news websites, found this link about a ufo recently seen, I havent read it at all as rushing out... will read it later to see if its same one

http://famagusta-gazette.com/watch-the-skies-cyprus-and-the-ufo-p280-69.htm

I would hazard a guess that it is a plane reflecting the just below-the-horizon sunlight. At about 20000 ft the horizon is about 170 miles thus allowing a rather extended viewing opportunity. And, the craft appears to be on an elliptical path as the reflected light appears to flicker as the craft moves to the right and changes attitude.

It's hard to tell, but it looks almost like a small object only a couple hundred feet away. Could be a RC craft. Pretty suspicious that he stopped recording so soon for it being his first UFO sighting. But once again, just another video of a light in the sky. -.-

Edited by AlienDan
  • Like 1

I lean towards RC craft too. Probably just across the street behind the street lights.

These days it's easy to buy one with HD cameras :geek: , bright lights, hi-efficiency batteries/motors :w00t: , smartphone integration :gun:and even super stealth modes :ph34r: ..for a few hundred dollars out the door.

Looks like a man made satellite, except that it changes direction, lets hope that every thing we see in future is not passed off as a "Drone" flying toy, etc.

The police helicopter that flies in the city here looks like this cause it has a search light on the front.

Good idea mesuma ! could very well be that ! :tu:

We have Police choppers here in Dallas Texas that I know have Aliens flying them ! Most of them Have gotten there papers in order by now !

• 2 weeks later...

...Or, Y'know, it could be a random bright orb that just wants to take a midnight stroll.